M-i-l

Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about
Default M-i-l

Hey guys,

The house has sold and we move out this week, guna book flights for Brisbane for the end of May start of June. Anyone been to their Mother-In-Laws whilst they wait to fly?

No horror stories please

We get on with them great but it isn’t going to be a walk in the park being lodgers. Oh well we have the final date to focus on.

Think I/WE may need some Karma by the end so any spare would be nice

Cheers
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:13 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M-i-l

M-I-L-F ????

err maybe not
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Gethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura aboutGethy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
M-I-L-F ????

err maybe not
LoL I knew that would temp someone in
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:15 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gethy
LoL I knew that would temp someone in

Sorry but i cant resist a nibble
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Sorry but i cant resist a nibble
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:32 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

we stayed with MIL before we went and to honest it drove us nuts, but, we stayed with her for 3 months due to end of lease on rented and OH finnishing work.

2 things

1) we had no space. this might be different if your MIL lives in bigger house but we had one open plan area downstairs, so couldn't sneak off into the other room for some quiet time. and i am sure we drove her just as nuts with the kids and everything

2) it gave us a false sense of closeness with both her and my parents. i can go 4-5 weeks without seeing my parents but because we had moved in with her we were round the corner and went there to give her a break 3-4 times a week. so, by the time we left it seemed like a huge whole had been put in place for the kids regarding grandparents when in reality they only see them every so often.

but, if you have no choice you have to get on with it. this time we will be leaving from our house with only a few days before flying (hopefully) so won't have this problem. just keep it in perspective if it will dramatically increase the amount of time usually spent with you family to avoid rosie specs of life back in the uk, after all, i am sure you wouldn't want to live with her perminately

good luck with the move anyway
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louise4
we stayed with MIL before we went and to honest it drove us nuts, but, we stayed with her for 3 months due to end of lease on rented and OH finnishing work.

2 things

1) we had no space. this might be different if your MIL lives in bigger house but we had one open plan area downstairs, so couldn't sneak off into the other room for some quiet time. and i am sure we drove her just as nuts with the kids and everything

2) it gave us a false sense of closeness with both her and my parents. i can go 4-5 weeks without seeing my parents but because we had moved in with her we were round the corner and went there to give her a break 3-4 times a week. so, by the time we left it seemed like a huge whole had been put in place for the kids regarding grandparents when in reality they only see them every so often.

but, if you have no choice you have to get on with it. this time we will be leaving from our house with only a few days before flying (hopefully) so won't have this problem. just keep it in perspective if it will dramatically increase the amount of time usually spent with you family to avoid rosie specs of life back in the uk, after all, i am sure you wouldn't want to live with her perminately

good luck with the move anyway

I think if we stay focused on the goal we can hopefully get through it, it will be worse for the Mrs cause her mum is a bit of a nosey parker and she use to open her mail and stuff :curse:.

If it all gets too much we will pop into a hotel for a few nights.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:41 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

If it all gets too much we will pop into a hotel for a few nights.
Have you considered moving into a holiday let or a serviced appartment instead?

Where we live there isn't much by way of holiday let, bot lots of serviced appartments (with one week minimum rental).

No way would I live with my MIL. She is a nice enough lady, but I'd go nuts staying there (I nearly go nuts there when it's just a one-night stay).

Gina
Old Apr 4th 2007, 10:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nearly two months with family - you have to be joking. I don't care how well you get on, we could almost put money on you falling out at some point

What can I say but good luck
Old Apr 4th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

The house has sold and we move out this week, guna book flights for Brisbane for the end of May start of June. Anyone been to their Mother-In-Laws whilst they wait to fly?

No horror stories please

We get on with them great but it isn’t going to be a walk in the park being lodgers. Oh well we have the final date to focus on.

Cheers
Sending you Karma and my prayers.
Attached Thumbnails M-i-l-hands_of_prayer.jpg  
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by samnsam
Sending you Karma and my prayers.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nearly two months with family - you have to be joking. I don't care how well you get on, we could almost put money on you falling out at some point

What can I say but good luck
Thing is we have booked to go on holiday with them in May or we would be in Aus sooner.

Oh well the fun starts on Friday, the good thing is we are still working till we fly out so we won't see them until the evening.

Cheers
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thing is we have booked to go on holiday with them in May or we would be in Aus sooner.

Oh well the fun starts on Friday, the good thing is we are still working till we fly out so we won't see them until the evening.

Cheers
Rather you than me!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Rather you than me!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!
OMG

I just thought on we are leaving the PC for the people who are buying our house and the only PC in the house is the F-I-L's (Please dont anyone put a f on the end )

I did not want to buy a new Laptop here but 2 months of asking to use someones PC.........OMG what have we done.

Ebuyer here I come..............
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:11 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

No horror stories please

Cheers
DON'T even go there! I am forced to live in an annexe on the side of the devil spawns house!

Hell?

Tell me how to get there and I'll go, it can't be any worse!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.