Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

lying basts soz estate agents

Wikiposts

lying basts soz estate agents

Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:27 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default lying basts soz estate agents

as our estate agent seems unable to follow simple instructions
and seems completely uninterested in our property
we have fired ours earlier this week

so we are now having a selection of lying XXXX XXXXX
( soz estate agents ) round over the next few days to pick number two

is it just me or are these people just the most annoying persons ever

rant over
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: lying basts soz estate agents

Originally Posted by steve`o

rant over
Yes they are.

Well all except ours who I have to say have been excellent. Even when I've been phoning them every other day, they have always found the answer for me within the same day and have kept me informed of every little thing that is happening.

Pity you don't live in Bradford or I'd give you their phone number.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I think their etiquette just varies from everyone elses.

With the bad press they get you would think they might just try to change the way they handle issues.

Then again one wouldn't want to rock the equilibrium would one ?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:33 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

rant over
we have to pay our estate agents £3,100 for doing pretty much nothing and being obstructive and uninterested at critical times during our sale.

I think that the whole percentage approach is flawed as they do pretty much the same (or don't do in fact) for each property. It's quite simply not equivalent to true value for services rendered.

I think it might be changing soon to a fixed-fee approach. That will screw them over good and proper...
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:34 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yes they are.

Well all except ours who I have to say have been excellent. Even when I've been phoning them every other day, they have always found the answer for me within the same day and have kept me informed of every little thing that is happening.

Pity you don't live in Bradford or I'd give you their phone number.

been in their office every saturday for the last five weeks
each time we left a message can some one call me and why havnt the photos been changed ( original ones were really shite )

each time to be told that some one would change pics monday and someone would also call us on monday

never did either so had enough earlier this week and binned em
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo.....I just remembered Wendy.
What about the Chancel check ?
Did you follow my example and tell them to block their passage with it ?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
we have to pay our estate agents £3,100 for doing pretty much nothing and being obstructive and uninterested at critical times during our sale.

I think that the whole percentage approach is flawed as they do pretty much the same (or don't do in fact) for each property. It's quite simply not equivalent to true value for services rendered.

I think it might be changing soon to a fixed-fee approach. That will screw them over good and proper...

£3,100 :scared:

We are paying £895 + VAT and it's the same no matter what your property sells for. Mind you when you're on the bottom end of the market like us then it's not so brilliant
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:37 am
Worongary

We are paying £895 + VAT and it's the same no matter what your property sells for. Mind you when you're on the bottom end of the market like us then it's not so brilliant
yes ours is 3k too
its alot of money for a crappy web site picture and abit of blurb
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

been in their office every saturday for the last five weeks
each time we left a message can some one call me and why havnt the photos been changed ( original ones were really shite )

each time to be told that some one would change pics monday and someone would also call us on monday

never did either so had enough earlier this week and binned em

You did right, we had the same trouble with Whitneys, they didn't even care when we told them to get lost!!

You need a small independant firm, they are by far the better sellers as they need the income from your sale.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:38 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I know...shocking isn't it. We had to pay 1.5% + VAT on top.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
Oooo.....I just remembered Wendy.
What about the Chancel check ?
Did you follow my example and tell them to block their passage with it ?

Erm, not exactly no

We told them we would pay the minimum amount providing we complete by the 30th of this month, it's worked so I'm not too fussed. It is only £55
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Erm, not exactly no

We told them we would pay the minimum amount providing we complete by the 30th of this month, it's worked so I'm not too fussed. It is only £55
I didn't know you were CofE
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:41 am
Worongary

You did right, we had the same trouble with Whitneys, they didn't even care when we told them to get lost!!

You need a small independant firm, they are by far the better sellers as they need the income from your sale.
this was a small independent wends
just didnt give a four x

only positive bit was when we binned them they said that the contract
didnt need to be adhered to so it leaves us free to change straight away

to be honest we are thinking of going with one of the big boys as the brochures etc on your home are more professional
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
I didn't know you were CofE

Buddist

But we do have a rather large church just across the road
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

this was a small independent wends
just didnt give a four x

only positive bit was when we binned them they said that the contract
didnt need to be adhered to so it leaves us free to change straight away

to be honest we are thinking of going with one of the big boys as the brochures etc on your home are more professional
Do you have a link up agency in Manchester? They do the full thing, really nice take away brochure for their shop, they advertise on all the websites and they do the virtual tours thing. Plus they are cheap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.