Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The loveliest phrase in the English language?

Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default The loveliest phrase in the English language?

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for flying Qantas and welcome to a chilly Heathrow Airport where the time is 5.05 am."

The ground crew smiled and said good morning, the Immigration lady smiled and said good morning, the Customs guy smiled and said good morning.......my mate smiled and said "Good morning and welcome home, first stop Sainsburys, second stop M&S?"

I don't care what anyone says, after nearly five years, this is still HOME!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:56 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The loveliest phrase in the English language?

Originally Posted by Pollyana

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for flying Qantas and welcome to a chilly Heathrow Airport where the time is 5.05 am."

The ground crew smiled and said good morning, the Immigration lady smiled and said good morning, the Customs guy smiled and said good morning.......my mate smiled and said "Good morning and welcome home, first stop Sainsburys, second stop M&S?"

Enjoy the chill Polly Though I must admit, not much fills me with more dread than the thought of passing through Heathrow
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Aww glad you made it back home safe and sound - not words I personally want to be hearing for a long while lol.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:04 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:07 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

welcome home!
sunnier here than in Sydney at the moment even if it is chilly
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:09 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Enjoy the chill Polly Though I must admit, not much fills me with more dread than the thought of passing through Heathrow
A disgrace to uk pride is heathrow, its a bloody shambles. If first impressions mean anything, first timers to the uk would surely regret entering the country.

There should be a big sign at heathrow saying "welcome, it doesnt get any better from here on in"
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:15 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
A disgrace to uk pride is heathrow, its a bloody shambles. If first impressions mean anything, first timers to the uk would surely regret entering the country.

There should be a big sign at heathrow saying "welcome, it doesnt get any better from here on in"
Well don't get me started on UK airports, or I might get into another rant about Teesside (aka Durham and Tees Valley) airport.

We flew from Teesside to Heathrow to Darwin last year and we spent longer just stood at the baggage carousel in Heathrow than it took to get off the plane, through customs and immigration, get a taxi and open my front door in Darwin.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:20 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Well don't get me started on UK airports, or I might get into another rant about Teesside (aka Durham and Tees Valley) airport.

We flew from Teesside to Heathrow to Darwin last year and we spent longer just stood at the baggage carousel in Heathrow than it took to get off the plane, through customs and immigration, get a taxi and open my front door in Darwin.
Ive just flown from brissy to newcastle nsw and must say that each was easy peasy.
Funnily enough, I found manchester a breeze picking the wife up a couple years ago and shes an ozzie and told me how the customs/immi were telling her (as a visitor coming to spend time with hubby) how she should apply for some child benefits since I was a pommie !
She felt quite welcomed
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:21 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Ive just flown from brissy to newcastle nsw and must say that each was easy peasy.
Funnily enough, I found manchester a breeze picking the wife up a couple years ago and shes an ozzie and told me how the customs/immi were telling her (as a visitor coming to spend time with hubby) how she should apply for some child benefits since I was a pommie !
She felt quite welcomed
Ah but then the Brit authorities love helping people claim benefits don't they?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Ah, but you know there's one reason I'll be coming back south in three weeks xxxxxxxxxxx

(oh god, I'm being soppy online now, yeuch!)
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:40 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, but you know there's one reason I'll be coming back south in three weeks xxxxxxxxxxx

What reason is that? Down which South? Uk or Aus?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:49 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh I didn't know you were back in UK! Hope you have a fab time, sure you will.

I hate Heathrow though
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippy
Ooh I didn't know you were back in UK! Hope you have a fab time, sure you will.

I hate Heathrow though
We are deliberately flying from heathrow to remind us that we are doing the right thing
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:38 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Easy Tiger

Welcome back to the U.K
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:48 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back to the UK Pol......hope you bring some warmer weather with you....certainly the sun has made its way here, managed to get washing dried for past 3 days outside.....how sad am I....

Enjoy your stay

Ems x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.