Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Love and Forgiveness (but mainly love)

Wikiposts

Love and Forgiveness (but mainly love)

Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:32 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love and Forgiveness (but mainly love)

My first proper love (as opposed to all the times I thought I was in desperate love through my early teens) was Angus.

It was all so complicated because his youngest brother was my best male friend, who apparently fancied me and didn't say anything until about 2 weeks into my relationship with Angus.

Things all got moody for a while (especially difficult as I sailed with Chris, his brother - its very very difficult to effectively race a dinghy with someone who is ignoring you) so we broke up, then got back together after sneaking around forever and after I swapped sailing partners.

Towards the end of the relationship, he went off to London to be a vet student and things became even more difficult. I'd go down and see him as many weekends as I could, but I had a weekend job so it was hard and I was in the middle of my A level exams when he dumped me for a sheep. We'd had our lives planned out - even worked out when we would get engaged, so that we could get married after we'd both finished Uni, so it came as a bit of a surprise when he broke up with me.

I was totally devastated, thought I would never, ever get over him. Obviously, of course, I did, but I think I missed our friendship more than anything. When we moved out to Australia, he was the vet who did all the innoculations etc for our dogs and he hadn't changed at all.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 10:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
My first proper love (as opposed to all the times I thought I was in desperate love through my early teens) was Angus.

It was all so complicated because his youngest brother was my best male friend, who apparently fancied me and didn't say anything until about 2 weeks into my relationship with Angus.

Things all got moody for a while (especially difficult as I sailed with Chris, his brother - its very very difficult to effectively race a dinghy with someone who is ignoring you) so we broke up, then got back together after sneaking around forever and after I swapped sailing partners.

Towards the end of the relationship, he went off to London to be a vet student and things became even more difficult. I'd go down and see him as many weekends as I could, but I had a weekend job so it was hard and I was in the middle of my A level exams when he dumped me for a sheep. We'd had our lives planned out - even worked out when we would get engaged, so that we could get married after we'd both finished Uni, so it came as a bit of a surprise when he broke up with me.

I was totally devastated, thought I would never, ever get over him. Obviously, of course, I did, but I think I missed our friendship more than anything. When we moved out to Australia, he was the vet who did all the innoculations etc for our dogs and he hadn't changed at all.
Ah but did he get to 'innoculate' you
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:12 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Ah but did he get to 'innoculate' you
I think he had more fun innoculating the sheep
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:14 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think he had more fun innoculating the sheep
sorry but that made me
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:23 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I've been dumped for a pod of dolphins before by a marine biology graduate who went off the Bahamas to study them for his doctorate leaving me single and paying the whole mortgage in sunny Sarf London.

I've chucked several blokes who have been allergic to my cats. Can't bare that sickly sniffling weakly man thing. I also was forced out of a relationship by a 4 stone boxer dog who insisted on lying in the middle of us at night and pushing me out on to the floor. Whenever I took her for a walk she'd also deliberately produce runny poos which I had to scrape up into the bag.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:37 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

My first love at 15 was Rob......despite having a few notches in my bed post already I had never felt so enveloped and 'sparky electric' with anyone else. Unfortunately it was doomed from the start as I was with someone else when we met. I went out with him on and off over the course of four years.....but was too young to realise I had a good thing....so I shagged my way off into the Sunset only to come to my senses several years later...by which time he had a child with and married his long term one night stand *slaps head*

But I must have done something right..........

because a good few years later when I was 29 we both found ourselves single and used our bad experiences to become better people and cherish the connection we had.

We have been married now for 14 years

Jan
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:40 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Michael J Fox
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:28 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

My first love was Ben. Our Mums were friends so we used to play together a fair bit. We were about 9 I guess and explored the differences between boys and girls a bit more than our Mums ever thought

I can still remember getting a Valentines card from him. He made it himself and inside he'd written,
This card comes straight from my heart
Cos I've always liked you from the start
I think that you are really ace
And you have a pretty face
So dear Valentine please be mine
Till the very end of time

Funny that I can still remember that word for word
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

My first love was my right palm,
It sat neatly on the end of my arm,
Whenever I wanted a yank,
Or something to spank,
It did it without any qualms.

-----------------

My other first love was named Jo,
She did, for a brief time, refuse to blow,
So I gave her some chocolate,
Of which she ate a lot,
In the end she was too fat and had to go.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 3:37 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
My first love at 15 was Rob......despite having a few notches in my bed post already I had never felt so enveloped and 'sparky electric' with anyone else. Unfortunately it was doomed from the start as I was with someone else when we met. I went out with him on and off over the course of four years.....but was too young to realise I had a good thing....so I shagged my way off into the Sunset only to come to my senses several years later...by which time he had a child with and married his long term one night stand *slaps head*

But I must have done something right..........

because a good few years later when I was 29 we both found ourselves single and used our bad experiences to become better people and cherish the connection we had.

We have been married now for 14 years

Jan
What a beautiful story!

Do you know what I take from that?

You are 43
Old Dec 12th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

You are 43
That's only if they got married more or less straight away
Old Dec 12th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I was 14 and I'd liked this boy in my class since we started high school at 11yrs old. I really thought he was the one, we were good friends and laughed and joked all day, every day.

When I was 15, I plucked up the courage to ask him out and he got all shy, thought I'd blown it as he wouldn't answer me Turns out, he called me that night and asked me to go round. I have never ran so fast. We had our first magical kiss and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. He was so gentle and caring (shit this has given me butterflies again ) that I thought we were going to be together forever. We said we would keep it quiet as people would cause trouble (it was just what the people at our school 'did') and try to break us up. We dated for months and then someone found out and she caused so much trouble because she wanted him, I eventually called it off. I was completely heartbroken.

I saw him in a pub and then nightclub about 4 years later and shit was he looking hot!! I was with my now husband though, we were engaged and I had to walk on by. I noticed he watched me everywhere I went in the pub and then later that evening in the club. I can still picture him sitting in that chair, watching me dance with my friends, willing me to go over...

I caught a picture of him on FB last year, he hasn't changed a bit
Old Dec 12th 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
had never felt so enveloped and 'sparky electric' with anyone else.
That was the same feeling I got with my first love too... it's hard to describe how it makes you feel.

A happy ending for you!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:10 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I was a 16 year old when I met Marty who was about the same age. He wasn't like all the other boys, it was like he was from the future. Anyway, one day while I was getting changed out of my gym gear at home, Marty apprehended a young pervert from down the road who was trying to catch a glimpse of my pantyhose. In doing so he got knocked over by my papa. We took him in and I immediately fell in love. It wasn't until I saw him make a fool of the school Quarter-back and local bully by making him drive his chevvy into a pile of manure that I knew this boy was the one for me.
Anyway, after pushing myself onto him in many ways and stealing a few kisses I found out later in life that he was my son.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:25 pm
Officially Bewildered

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I was a 16 year old when I met Marty who was about the same age. He wasn't like all the other boys, it was like he was from the future. Anyway, one day while I was getting changed out of my gym gear at home, Marty apprehended a young pervert from down the road who was trying to catch a glimpse of my pantyhose. In doing so he got knocked over by my papa. We took him in and I immediately fell in love. It wasn't until I saw him make a fool of the school Quarter-back and local bully by making him drive his chevvy into a pile of manure that I knew this boy was the one for me.
Anyway, after pushing myself onto him in many ways and stealing a few kisses I found out later in life that he was my son.
Do you think he changed your life?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.