Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Looking forward to going back..... to the UK

Looking forward to going back..... to the UK

Old May 10th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking forward to going back..... to the UK

I am so excited. We have just booked our tickets to head back to the UK for a visit on the 6th July. (gonna use my brand new Australian Passport)

This will be my first time back for over 2 years and the main reason for it is that on the 11th July my son will be graduating from Leeds University.

My new husband is coming with me (he has never been to the UK before) and it will be very interesting to see what he makes of it all.

Just wondered if by any chance there are any other parents with offspring who will be graduating that week.

Sharon
Old May 10th 2007, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking forward to going back..... to the UK

Originally Posted by BandS
I am so excited. We have just booked our tickets to head back to the UK for a visit on the 6th July. (gonna use my brand new Australian Passport)

This will be my first time back for over 2 years and the main reason for it is that on the 11th July my son will be graduating from Leeds University.

My new husband is coming with me (he has never been to the UK before) and it will be very interesting to see what he makes of it all.

Just wondered if by any chance there are any other parents with offspring who will be graduating that week.

Sharon
Will you be going back to Leeds then ?
If you do i'm sure your hubby will love the shops there (thats if he likes shopping) plenty of great fashion there.
Also you are sure to enjoy the summer too. By the sounds of it the weather in UK is going be great this year.
Have a good trip..
Old May 10th 2007, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Will you be going back to Leeds then ?
If you do i'm sure your hubby will love the shops there (thats if he likes shopping) plenty of great fashion there.
Also you are sure to enjoy the summer too. By the sounds of it the weather in UK is going be great this year.
Have a good trip..

We will definatly be in Leeds for Anthony's graduation but will actually be staying with friends in Stratford - upon - Avon and Sutton Coldfield.

By the way, there is no way I will get hubby round the shops. He hates shopping with an absolute passion.

Also going to try and visit some friends in Edinburgh if we have time.

Last edited by BandS; May 10th 2007 at 6:03 am.
Old May 10th 2007, 7:57 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

We will definatly be in Leeds for Anthony's graduation but will actually be staying with friends in Stratford - upon - Avon and Sutton Coldfield.

By the way, there is no way I will get hubby round the shops. He hates shopping with an absolute passion.

Also going to try and visit some friends in Edinburgh if we have time.
Aw - say hello to my poor mummy in Edinburgh - who has just had a skin cancer removed (how ironic - in Scotland too!) Was planning to go back for her op - but held off for a job that starting date has now been moved! But now I canne afford to go! Boo HOo! Your post has tugged a bit at the heart strings. I had tickets booked to see Derren Brown on tour and everything (a bit of a hero of mine)! Wish I could go home for a visit - gonnae take me in your suitcase?
Old May 10th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Now there's a guy I can relate too
Old May 10th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nzer57
Now there's a guy I can relate too
What about us girls, I'd rather pop into the social for a pint. Think thats why my OH married me.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon
I know how you feel Sharon, we're going back to blighty for a hol in just over 4 weeks time and I cant wait!!

Only been in Oz for nearly 6 months, feels like 6 years at times! lol
Old May 10th 2007, 10:12 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We will definatly be in Leeds for Anthony's graduation but will actually be staying with friends in Stratford - upon - Avon .

Your hubby will just love Stratford. So beautiful and typically English. Take him to the RSC if you get chance. Won't understand a word of it, but at least he'll have experienced 'proper' Shakespear!!

Have a great trip back.
Old May 10th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Have a great trip.