Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

look what we've been doing

look what we've been doing

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up look what we've been doing

We were invited to Carrackalinga today by a couple we met a few weeks ago. Carrackalinga is about a one hour drive out of the city, just before you get to the Fleurieu Peninsula.

Well we got to the camp site, the couple made us a cup of tea and proceded to talk about their religion. I personaly am not religious but have no problems with anyone that is. Unless they start preaching. we were invited to watch their rehersal for some festival or other they are performing this evening, whilst being introduced we endured yet another person telling us how great their religion is, i'm sure it is to them. We made our excusses and left about 1 hour after we arrived.

We decided that since we had driven all the way there that we should stop of at the beeches on the way back. We stopped at Carrackalinga beech, lovely. Then we drove along the resevor road and stopped at Myponga (that name still makes me chuckle)resevor to have a look.

We left the resevor and continued onto Sellicks beech. I still cannot believe that all of these beutiful places are on our door step. From selicks beech we went to Aldinga beech, again absolutly fabulos views. We then went straight to Adelaide. Well Ikea to be exact, had a quick look around and grabbed a couple of hot dogs, then carried onto Henley beech. Had a stroll down the beech, walked along the pier and then drove home to Salisbury.
Attached Thumbnails look what we've been doing-carrackalinga-beech-1.jpg   look what we've been doing-myponga-resevor-5-.jpg   look what we've been doing-aldinga-beech-2.jpg   look what we've been doing-henley-beech.jpg   look what we've been doing-p1010025.jpg  

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Default Re: look what we've been doing

Thank you for the great pictures it looks lovely !!!!!

Debby
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well apart from the god botherers and Ikea, sounds like you had a fab time. If it weren't for the god squad, you wouldn't have found those beaches yet - see, they were good for something. Apparently he/she/it works in mysterious ways
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well apart from the god botherers and Ikea, sounds like you had a fab time. If it weren't for the god squad, you wouldn't have found those beaches yet - see, they were good for something. Apparently he/she/it works in mysterious ways
Whats wrong with Ikea?
Yes i said to my hubby if we hadn't been invited it would probably be years before we travel that far. We usualy stay local.
I will call our friends and thank them for their hospitality today. They made us feel welcome but i still got a feeling that they were trying to recruit us. Maybe it's just me i don't know but i did feel on my guard today, i'm realy pleased my children didn't want to come with us, they knew the score. Maybe i should listen to my daughter more often she's 15 going on 25, The camp site was huge and everyone there was part of this religion. apparently this pastor (i think that's what he called him)bought the land years ago and set up the came site (called Nina's camp)and at christmas there was about 8 thousand people there.
I never even got round to asking what their religion was and i'm normally quite nosey.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:47 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

We are due in Adelaide on the 17th April and those pics are great, it looks sooo loveley and i just cnt eait to get out there and sample some of that scenery.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwood
Whats wrong with Ikea?
What's right with it? I tense up just driving past the place <shudder>
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
What's right with it? I tense up just driving past the place <shudder>
It's not the best area though Be even worse if there was a Tesco's next to it
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:02 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's not the best area though Be even worse if there was a Tesco's next to it
Nowt wrong wi' Tesco.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:09 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
Nowt wrong wi' Tesco.
ASDA would be better though
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Had a stroll down the beech, walked along the pier and then drove home to Salisbury.
I live near Salisbury! Haven't found the beach yet though!

Great pics
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We were invited to Carrackalinga today by a couple we met a few weeks ago. Carrackalinga is about a one hour drive out of the city, just before you get to the Fleurieu Peninsula.

Well we got to the camp site, the couple made us a cup of tea and proceded to talk about their religion. I personaly am not religious but have no problems with anyone that is. Unless they start preaching. we were invited to watch their rehersal for some festival or other they are performing this evening, whilst being introduced we endured yet another person telling us how great their religion is, i'm sure it is to them. We made our excusses and left about 1 hour after we arrived.

We decided that since we had driven all the way there that we should stop of at the beeches on the way back. We stopped at Carrackalinga beech, lovely. Then we drove along the resevor road and stopped at Myponga (that name still makes me chuckle)resevor to have a look.

We left the resevor and continued onto Sellicks beech. I still cannot believe that all of these beutiful places are on our door step. From selicks beech we went to Aldinga beech, again absolutly fabulos views. We then went straight to Adelaide. Well Ikea to be exact, had a quick look around and grabbed a couple of hot dogs, then carried onto Henley beech. Had a stroll down the beech, walked along the pier and then drove home to Salisbury.

LOL, did these people have glazed expressions and dazzling wide smiles....

We were in Adelaide a year ago - visted all those places in your pics and they brought back some happy memories. Hope to be back out there permanently in a few months! I am so jealous of you!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, did these people have glazed expressions and dazzling wide smiles....

We were in Adelaide a year ago - visted all those places in your pics and they brought back some happy memories. Hope to be back out there permanently in a few months! I am so jealous of you!
Glad yo liked them, where in Adelaid are you hoping to settle. Maybe we could meet up for coffee once you're settled
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:11 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

thanks for sharing those lovely photos.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Glad yo liked them, where in Adelaid are you hoping to settle. Maybe we could meet up for coffee once you're settled
Coffee would be lovely.

We are not sure where we are going to settle yet. We drove round most of Adelaide it seemed and there were quite afew places we liked. Salisbury was one of the areas...... It will come down to where we can get a rental and which school we decide to send our DD to. Couldn't get to see any schools when we were there as it was Easter hols...

So I mean we are going to wing it!!

How long have you been there? Are you enjoying it?? (Silly question )
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Coffee would be lovely.

We are not sure where we are going to settle yet. We drove round most of Adelaide it seemed and there were quite afew places we liked. Salisbury was one of the areas...... It will come down to where we can get a rental and which school we decide to send our DD to. Couldn't get to see any schools when we were there as it was Easter hols...

So I mean we are going to wing it!!

How long have you been there? Are you enjoying it?? (Silly question )
Hi we arrived here on 29th November 2007, Started of in Surrey Downs and now have a 12 month rental in Salisbury. Salisbury High School seems ok. My two (daughter 15 and son 13) have settled in well. They had a total of 13 weeks of school last year wich wasn't good for them. My son had to take Japanese as a language as all the other languages were taken. He seems to be doing well even though he didn't want to take a language, let alone Japanese.
Yes we are loving it, i start a job on Tuesday for a couple of months so at least we will have an income if only temporay. Would i return to the UK? No chance.

Last edited by jwood; Mar 23rd 2008 at 10:25 am. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.