the loo saga!!

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:55 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default the loo saga!!

i can't believe it we got back from fiji and the loo stopped flushing on the 29th, no problem bucket of water and call the building maintenance, no answer 25 phone calls and a few e mails well slight exaggeration on the calls but we have friends with kids coming round the next day!!panic

next day still no answer mates come round shamefacedly explain bucket system of flushing the kids think we are very weird people (they are right but shouldn't have sussed it that early on!!)

next day it is new years eve an OH has a woken in the night with food poisoning!! hundreds of buckets later yaaay an answer, we know what it is it has happened to a lot of toilets in the building and we have run out of parts and wont be able to get them till Weds!!

nose pegs used and loads of buckets later luckily the runs stop before the new year party!! Cue lots of beer an its back for a while New Years day!!

so here we are and the plumber is here to fix it now talk about bad luck
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:10 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the loo saga!!

Any plumbers out there?
just how long does it tAKE to replace seals?

I need the loo and they have been here 2 hours now!! sitting with legs crossed!!
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
Any plumbers out there?
just how long does it tAKE to replace seals?

I need the loo and they have been here 2 hours now!! sitting with legs crossed!!
Might need to use that bucket K xx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:28 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
i can't believe it we got back from fiji and the loo stopped flushing on the 29th,
On 23rd I noticed there was a smell when I was in the garden, just wonder which neighbour it was coming from & went back inside.
Late on Chrimbo eve OH notices that the cover to a hole has come off and sewage is easily identifyiable running down the garden and of course stinks

Yeah right, get a plumber out? So a full container of chlorine is placed on the cover to try & keep it down.

Get plumber out on 27th (glad all the neighbours are away), clears it out (nearly $300, thank you), but there are tree roots penetrating somewhere along the pipe and could cause it to block again. Downside of living in area with lots of trees.
We have to get him out again (another $300 thank you) to get a camera down there to figure out if it is our part of the pipe, or the water company. If the later, it is then a pain convincing them it is their responsibilty & cost.

At least you had a holiday....