Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

London is crap, ready to come home now!

London is crap, ready to come home now!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London is crap, ready to come home now!

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
AH, so it's not just me then eh!!!

Bogiemania in my house
No it isn't. Anywhere that is low humidity will produce the same effect for some reason. Not sure why though.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
No! cant be. I never been to Perth and i get them too.. pmsl
maybe I should start a poll about bogies
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:46 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

Ahh ok, so more inner London than me. You either love cities or you dont. Not sure i could live on the real inner full time, but in the suburbs its great.
I like both the country side and the city life. I have lived both and have come o the conclusion i need to place myself so i get both when i feel like it.
I doubt there are many top 10 cities that dont have the black stuff in their inner city parts. Its probably unavoidable considering how much traffic is flying about. Sydney gets the odd smog haze even though its its right next to the ocean!

But, as with most things, what suits one wont suit another. I'm over Aus and cant wait to go home.

Best of luck whatever you do.
Thanks Flea, you are right in that cities are good for some and not for others.

I am heading for Melbourne, soonish, as soon as I sell the damned flat (anyone who is in London and wants a nice 2 bed flat on the English Riviera let me know!)

Hope you get home soon Flea.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:51 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you're having a shit time Renth!

I must admit that London doesnt do much for me - stinking place.

I do miss Wales though (well actually just the shopping in Cardiff!! )

You'll be back home before you know it - and then only a couple of weeks before the weather starts to warm up.

So hows summer over there???? Have there been any days where people are in singlets? If so did you still feel cold? Just curious
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
maybe I should start a poll about bogies
Go on then. It is a serious question.

Just like the "does your sh*t stink more in OZ' thread.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:10 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

London is a great city. If London had the weather and the beaches. It would be the best place to live.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:13 am

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
We went to Legoland 3 days ago - cost me £141 to get us in :curse: yes, you read that right, that's over $300!!!! - more expensive than Disneyland in Hong Kong (which was great).

Legoland was shite, all the rides were over 45 minutes queuing, and they were crap. I can't believe how crowded it was even though it was a school day. Apparently is wasn't particularly crowded either.

It took a hour and a half to drive there (40 miles) and another hour and a half to get back and it rained.

Yesterday we went to London, firstly to the Tower of London. I remember it as being good. Anyway, we stood shivering in the rain waiting for a "beefeater" to turn up, and when he does there must have been over 200 people waiting for the guided tour. Naturally no one could hear a thing as he didn't have a megaphone.

So we decided to hire a headphone set and I'd talk the commentary to my family. It started well untill we turned a corner only to be confronted with a fenced off area with building works taking place. The voice in the headseat instructing you to proceed ahead when there was no way you could.

The place where they used to chop heads off was closed too. What a load of sh*te!.

Next the london Eye, that actually very good because I bought expensive queue jumping tickets as I'd had enough of queuing for one holiday. Without these tickets we would have queued 30 minutes for a ticket then 1 hour for the ride.

Anyway, as I went to get my tickets from the machine it printed all out bar one as the machine had run out of paper, more hassle.

I waited for my family to go to the toilet and I was hassled by a beggar who abused me for not buying a "big issue" (it was actually just a rolled up brochure of some description).

As I said London Eye itself was very good.

Next the river cruise for which we sat on the top deck. It was going well untill we went under Tower Bridge and someone spat on my wife from the bridge. The boat turned and went back under Tower Bridge when this time a different scrote, a chav girl, spat her chewing gum which hit a kid next to me.

Coupled with crap weather, filthy public transport and miserable people, it has to be the worst city in a so called developed country in the world.

By the way if you want to travel 1 stop on the tube it's £4. And with travel cards now your RETURN journey has to be off peak too.

What a sh*t city, what a sh*t country. Can't wait to get back to Perth.
Careful now...your supposed to love everything about London and the Uk,the expats will be after you!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
I'm afraid I have to agree. If Earth had a rectum it would be situated where London is.

I was born, lived, studied and worked there, and quite frankly I would be pleased never to have to go there again. I also met my wife in London, and she had lived there all her life and couldn't wait to get out when we moved to Devon 5 years ago.

I am now looking forward to living in a city in Australia that is relatively clean, realises that public transport should be just that, and not a huge money making exercise and where the people actually have a healthy tone to their skin, not the 'Shaun Of The Dead' grey that London residents always seem to have.

Can't wait to watch the Olympics... talk about polishing a t*rd

London is like national Army service, everyone should be made to do it for a couple of years just so they can realise how sh*t it really is.

& I've been in Oz for 7 years & am heading back to Devon to live.....want to swap
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh ok, so more inner London than me. You either love cities or you dont. Not sure i could live on the real inner full time, but in the suburbs its great.
I like both the country side and the city life. I have lived both and have come o the conclusion i need to place myself so i get both when i feel like it.
I doubt there are many top 10 cities that dont have the black stuff in their inner city parts. Its probably unavoidable considering how much traffic is flying about. Sydney gets the odd smog haze even though its its right next to the ocean!

But, as with most things, what suits one wont suit another. I'm over Aus and cant wait to go home.

Best of luck whatever you do.

I think thats a huge thing here - to get the balance of city/town/ rural is so so so much harder here. Its (generally speaking) one or the other.
I lived in a lovely village in UK, a thatched cottage in Hants for years. 1 hr to central London, back to the lambs/cows/stars - perfect really. Access to lotsa great towns & countryside.....

Last edited by birdynumnum; Jul 12th 2007 at 10:25 am.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:23 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraC
I had no idea Legoland was so expensive, going to the one in Denmark may have been cheaper.
Lego's so expensive these days. Maybe renth should have gone to the cheaper Duploland
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
By the way if you want to travel 1 stop on the tube it's £4. And with travel cards now your RETURN journey has to be off peak too.
That takes the biscuit- have to admit, this has to be the beginning of the end. The offpeak travelcard was an entire lifestyle culture.

Done away with just like that....
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
Thanks Flea, you are right in that cities are good for some and not for others.

I am heading for Melbourne, soonish, as soon as I sell the damned flat (anyone who is in London and wants a nice 2 bed flat on the English Riviera let me know!)

Hope you get home soon Flea.
Good choice going to Melbourne
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

i wonder if the chav girl tried to spit her gum on the most sour faced git in london, im sure he wouldnt have been hard to spot.

this thread is like listening to teenagers exaggerating.

the black dirt is caused by the people who live work or visit. mostly by their cars lorries and taxis.. london cannot make itself dirty.

at least there is a legoland, a london eye and something to see and do.

just because you love where you live doesnt make somewhere else rubbish. why the constant need to justify.

makes me wonder, considering how far legoland is from london, why someone wouldnt have checked how much it would cost to get in... is there a DUH! smiley.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
That takes the biscuit- have to admit, this has to be the beginning of the end. The offpeak travelcard was an entire lifestyle culture.

Done away with just like that....

the travel card is as it always been. i use them, off peak.

for most central london stations it would be easier and quicker to walk then wait for the train.

i wonder how many times the expats mafia has slaughtered people for not liking things about aus when they get there!
some double standards going on here methinks.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:44 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yes of course
the most sour faced git in london
What was that about teenagers exagerating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.