Logan violence.

Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:11 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Logan violence.

Yes you no doubt could and would argue that but at no time did I say it was the worlds biggest trouble spot or that it was worse than London or indeed anywhere else in the world. I guess from now on nobody bother posting for instance that they have a problem with their car unless they know for a fact that noone else in the world has had a bigger problem with their car and whatever you do dont post how much you paid for a meal unless it is definitely THE most expensive meal in the entire world
Im assuming it goes without saying that anyone happily living in Australia should never post anything about the UK? Yeah thats going to happen
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
I come from the "murder capital of western europe", the goings on in Logan happen every night of the week across Glasgow. It is usually 14 year old lads mind you

The Logan bogans wouldnae last 2 mins in Castlemilk!
Luckily it isnt a competition though
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:16 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
I come from the "murder capital of western europe", the goings on in Logan happen every night of the week across Glasgow. It is usually 14 year old lads mind you

The Logan bogans wouldnae last 2 mins in Castlemilk!
That was my point. I almost quoted Glasgow, but I believe its cleaned up a lot in the last 30 years.

Logan is a minor street dispute. 20-30 people. Last week in the UK 1000 people threw petrol bombs at the police, she were behind riot shields and in armoured vehicles.

Perspective gentlemen, perspective.....
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
That was my point. I almost quoted Glasgow, but I believe its cleaned up a lot in the last 30 years.

Logan is a minor street dispute. 20-30 people. Last week in the UK 1000 people threw petrol bombs at the police, she were behind riot shields and in armoured vehicles.

Perspective gentlemen, perspective.....
Ah yes Northern Ireland is strictly speaking part of the UK. Of course that has been going on there for decades, they are their own worst enemies. Again though no comparisons were being made but it didnt take long
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Logan is a minor street dispute. 20-30 people.
It is not a minor dispute....it is lots of disputes which have been going on for a long time and are indicative of deep seated problems In the community which Flare up regularly.

The press have picked on this current dispute but this is a regular occurrence and will happen again
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
It is not a minor dispute....it is lots of disputes which have been going on for a long time and are indicative of deep seated problems In the community which Flare up regularly.

The press have picked on this current dispute but this is a regular occurrence and will happen again
Exactly right, anyone who lived in the region would know only too well how this has been simmering for years. It has nothing to do with London or Belfast or anywhere else and I fail to see the link or significance.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:46 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

And they occur in many many towns across Australia.

The big difference here is that its Aboriginal v Tongans. (My money is on the Tongans). Usually is Aboriginal tribe v tribe, or against anyone who is around when they have downed the centreline payments in XXXX or wine casks.

But are they (the Logan ones) major disputes?

Just because something happens a lot does not turn it from a minor event to a major one. Four cars at a traffic light is not a major traffic jam, and never will be no matter how often it happens.

Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:48 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by chris955
Exactly right, anyone who lived in the region would know only too well how this has been simmering for years. It has nothing to do with London or Belfast or anywhere else and I fail to see the link or significance.

Belfast is a MAJOR disturbance. I used it to demonstrate scales of importance.

If it were a gang dispute in London it would have involved guns by now.

Thats why I quoted London and Belfast.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:51 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

And they occur in many many towns across Australia.

The big difference here is that its Aboriginal v Tongans. (My money is on the Tongans). Usually is Aboriginal tribe v tribe, or against anyone who is around when they have downed the centreline payments in XXXX or wine casks.

But are they (the Logan ones) major disputes?

Just because something happens a lot does not turn it from a minor event to a major one. Four cars at a traffic light is not a major traffic jam, and never will be no matter how often it happens.

Several people have died over the past few years because of this 'dispute'...there will be more.

The area has deep seated problems and they need addressing....not sweeping under the carpet.

18 months ago 11 people died in a house fire....there were three families sharing a house and this is not uncommon....the area is used to rehouse African asylum seekers on top of an already muti ethnic community. Ignoring the problem and dismissing it as minor is simply delaying things until the shit really hits the fan
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:57 am
Not allowed opinions.

Several people have died over the past few years because of this 'dispute'...there will be more.

The area has deep seated problems and they need addressing....not sweeping under the carpet.

18 months ago 11 people died in a house fire....there were three families sharing a house and this is not uncommon....the area is used to rehouse African asylum seekers on top of an already muti ethnic community. Ignoring the problem and dismissing it as minor is simply delaying things until the shit really hits the fan
Non of this makes in anything other than minor. I agree something needs doing.

But you still cannot label it as a major dispute. Its a couple of families throwing sticks at each other.

Rwanda in 94 was a major dispute. 500,000 people killed in 100 days. Are you comparing what happened in Logan to Rwanda?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Rwanda in 94 was a major dispute. 500,000 people killed in 100 days. Are you comparing what happened in Logan to Rwanda?
And that is not comparable to London either....which is what you were comparing the Logan problems to earlier.

So trouble in the UK is just a minor matter as well is it?

You can't have it both ways
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:08 am
Not allowed opinions.

And that is not comparable to London either....which is what you were comparing the Logan problems to earlier.

So trouble in the UK is just a minor matter as well is it?

You can't have it both ways
In my mind what happened in Belfast wass a minor disturbance.

Im pretty sure that people who saw the troubles in the early 70s would agree. No sniper fire. No barricades, no burring busses, no kneecappings and guys dragged out and shot at 4am.

But compared to Logan it was quite serious. Let me put it this way. The NIPS would laugh at having to deal with the Logan argument.

Remember it was Chris who started this thread with his post: "Apparently there has been 4 days of violence in Woodridge, Logan nr Brisbane. While we did live in Logan district it was a world away from Woodrige and the surrounding areas. There has been running battles between Aboriginals, Pacific Islanders and the Police. Racial tension has always been very high in the area so I suppose it was almost inevitable."

Did anyone in Australia start a thread about the 1000 protesters thawing petrol bombs at the police in Belfast - which is a shitload closer to Chris than Logan is to many people here on BE!

Chris was taking an opportunity to try to make Australia look bad. He highlighted a minot family dispute to make it should like WW3 had started in QLD. It is not.

Last edited by slapphead_otool; Jan 16th 2013 at 11:15 am.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:12 am
Bitter and twisted

In my mind what happened in Belfast wass a minor disturbance.

Im pretty sure that people who saw the troubles in the early 70s would agree. No sniper fire. No barricades, no burring busses, no kneecappings and guys dragged out and shot at 4am.

But compared to Logan it was quite serious. Let me put it this way. The NIPS would laugh at having to deal with the Logan argument.
But this is a civil disturbance....you can not compare that to NI.,Which I know a fair bit about, it is not a war either..but to dismiss it as minor shows a major level of complacency which will lead to far greater problems in the long run

Last edited by Grayling; Jan 16th 2013 at 11:15 am.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:20 am
Not allowed opinions.

OK guys, I give up. Australia is doomed, we are all going to die in WW3 which is happening in Logan right now.

Im too busy to keep posting, I am building a sandbag enclosure on my balcony and oiling up the MAG58.

Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:22 am
Bitter and twisted

OK guys, I give up. Australia is doomed, we are all going to die in WW3 which is happening in Logan right now.

Im too busy to keep posting, I am building a sandbag enclosure on my balcony and oiling up the MAG58.

That is what I mean by complacency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.