Local whiskeys

Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Local whiskeys

What are the top whisekys brewed in Australia which one shouldn't miss? Not necessarily expensive ones but smooth ones
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Local whiskeys

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
What are the top whisekys brewed in Australia which one shouldn't miss? Not necessarily expensive ones but smooth ones
Decent whiskey is distilled (not brewed) in Scotland or Canada.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Thanks. So we don't have local likes of Jack Daniels, Teachers,etc
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:55 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Decent whiskey is distilled (not brewed) in Scotland or Canada.
Don't forget the Irish, they invented even if the Scots perfected it.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kporte
Don't forget the Irish
And they are strongest drinkers also Kudos to great Irishmen!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:15 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Larks distillery in Tassie do some nice ones
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot the Irish. I only drink Canadian whiskey and the old man drinks scotch.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:08 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Prove it
Old Jan 17th 2010, 2:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
Larks distillery in Tassie do some nice ones
They certainly do
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Prove it
"The debate between the Scots and the Irish over the whisky title goes back to the Dark Ages. The first legal distillery in the British Isles was in Northern Ireland. Bushmills, on the northern coast of Ireland, has had a license to distil since 1608, the reign of King James I of England and VI of Scotland, who also laid claim to Ireland.

The identity of the first distiller will always be unclear, but it is known that when Henry II of England paid an uninvited visit to Ireland in 1174, he recorded the use of aquae vitae. In 1926, Sir Robert Savage, the lord of Bushmills, was using aquae vitae to allegedly numb the minds of his troops while they entered battle, while in The Annals of The Four Masters in 1405, Richard Magrenell, chieftain in Moyntyrolas, died of "a surfeit of aquae vitae".

As I said, we perfected it.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They certainly do
And some of the best "Champagnes" in the world....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:30 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

And some of the best "Champagnes" in the world....
for that I prefer the Jansz vinyard their vintage is really luscious
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:34 am
Account Closed

for that I prefer the Jansz vinyard their vintage is really luscious
I had a sparkling tasting at our local Dan Murphy recently.

All the best Aussie wines as well as Krug, Moet, Vueve Cliquot etc.
Awesome and all for free, some 100+ wines. I fair staggered out....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:35 am

I had a sparkling tasting at our local Dan Murphy recently.

All the best Aussie wines as well as Krug, Moet, Vueve Cliquot etc.
Awesome and all for free, some 100+ wines. I fair staggered out....
and you never told me it was on aagh
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:37 am
Account Closed

and you never told me it was on aagh
Subscribe in store and they email you all the tastings.... Some awesome ones.
Sadly I am not allowed booze anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.