Lloyd Rayney Walks

Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lloyd Rayney Walks

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Listening to a legal/forensics expert on the radio today, she said the prosecution should have pulled the pin on the case as the evidence was so weak and she didn't know what was going on in the minds of the people that bought such a weak case to court.

I not a legal expert, but I knew just from what was reported he would be found not guilty, it was all circumstantial.... The seed pods was the most intriguing, very rare seed pods found in her hair, only two trees in Perth, one in Kings Park and one in Lloyd Rayneys back garden...... uuummmmm?
Did I read correctly that the judge said that it is possible that she may have still been alive when she was buried.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
He opted for a trial by judge only. I think it was a very good strategic move on his, and his legal team's part. Juries tend to bring too much emotion into their deliberations where a judge will be more likely to only weigh the legal merits of a case. He's not likable, his wife was very well liked. The evidence was only circumstantial, but if you talk to just about anyone they'll say that they think he's guilty.

Yes, he has/had friends in high places, but so did she. He just had the means to get himself a brilliant legal team and the benefit of a shoddy investigation by the police.
I agree, cops should have dropped it ages ago. At least they could have come after him again if they got new evidence.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Did I read correctly that the judge said that it is possible that she may have still been alive when she was buried.
Yes, he confirmed she suffered the fatal blow in her house/garden and was dragged across the drive into her car. However it states she most probably drew her last breath at Kings Park (pollen in lungs) whether before or after burial is not known.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 9:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope they find new evidence, change the law and they try him again.
Never trusy anyone without a chin - that alone should've been enough!
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
I just hope they find new evidence, change the law and they try him again.
Never trusy anyone without a chin - that alone should've been enough!
From wiki

In Western Australia, on 8 September 2011 amendments were introduced in the parliament to reform the state's double jeopardy laws. The proposed amendments would allow retrial if "new and compelling" evidence was found. It would apply to serious offences where the penalty was life imprisonment or imprisonment for 14 years or more. Acquittal because of tainting (threatening of witnesses, jury tampering, or perjury) would also allow retrial.[7][8]

Don't know if this was implemented but if it was and fresh evidence comes to light then he can be re-tried. I
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

From What I gather in the various reports he has defended "Bikies" in the past.

Did anyone see the size of his "friend" who helped clear a path for him as he left the court?

Just sayin.

keel
Old Nov 6th 2012, 1:02 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused by the stance of his daughters.

It would indicate that

(a) He is innocent.

(b) Extremely clever (guess that's a given) and has convinced his daughters that he didn't do it.

(c) They know he's guilty and they are part of it.

Girls usually (not always) side with their mums ans surely they would have to question what he did / didn't do. They appear to be squarely behind him.

Am I missing something???
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
I'm confused by the stance of his daughters.

Girls usually (not always) side with their mums ans surely they would have to question what he did / didn't do. They appear to be squarely behind him.

Am I missing something???
Yup... The fact that girls usually side with their Dads...

Seriously, often girls arevoften so like their mothers (strong minded, independent, hormonal) they clash ... As likes do.... Where as Dads are often hormonally unchallenged, calmer, more on an even keel, less likely to see through them and recognise what they are doing.....

Just saying like
Old Nov 7th 2012, 12:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised that the other daughter decided to stay in the UK, seeing as her dad was potentially going to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Strange.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
from the reports on the news last night, it seemed like a bit of 'taking care of the boys'.

It was a judge only trial.
He was a barrister.
He had friends in high places.

By the way- what the hell has happened to 10 news? It was so dumbed down, I thought we were watching breakfast TV. Are watchers so dumb they need to be treated like brainless idiots?
P, has it got worse? Welcome to tabloid TV !
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm surprised that the other daughter decided to stay in the UK, seeing as her dad was potentially going to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Strange.
I didn't realise they had a 3rd daughter. According to the judgement on Austlii they only had 2 children.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I didn't realise they had a 3rd daughter. According to the judgement on Austlii they only had 2 children.
Only 1 daughter was present in court for the verdict. His daughter Caitlyn was overseas and did not return for the verdict.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Only 1 daughter was present in court for the verdict. His daughter Caitlyn was overseas and did not return for the verdict.
Oh. That is rather odd. The girls were at court so it is surprising that they wouldn't both be there for the verdict.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:17 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I'm sure you are correct in what you say. No, really!

So who were the two girls clinging to him after the verdict?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
I'm sure you are correct in what you say. No, really!

So who were the two girls clinging to him after the verdict?
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...g-wife-corryn/

No idea who they were but the above article clearly says she was studying overseas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.