British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/liverpool-european-champions-my-%2Arse-360010/)

fraser Mar 9th 2006 8:01 am

Re: Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE

Originally Posted by tucs
Was he great when he was at west ham.?

Apparently, Alan Pardewas offered to send the squad on an all expenses paid holiday to Florida but they declined. They'd rather go to Blackpool so they could see what it's like to ride on an open-top bus.

No he was never great when he was at West Ham, he was a good goal scorer.

I always liked him and I've socalised with him on a couple of occasions but some of the crowd at West Ham got on his back and he's still bitter about it having stood on the terraces as a kid.

It did make me laugh when he said he left because his dad and uncle were sacked and then with the next breath said the coaching was better at Chelsea, well of course it was Redknapp was a joke.

cheechee Mar 9th 2006 8:05 am

spread the word, its important people know the truth about these scousers :beer:

Hey we are wonderfull people :)

tucs Mar 9th 2006 8:36 am

Originally Posted by fraser
No he was never great when he was at West Ham, he was a good goal scorer.

I always liked him and I've socalised with him on a couple of occasions but some of the crowd at West Ham got on his back and he's still bitter about it having stood on the terraces as a kid.

It did make me laugh when he said he left because his dad and uncle were sacked and then with the next breath said the coaching was better at Chelsea, well of course it was Redknapp was a joke.

Thats interesting, i heard him interviewed and he said he loved it at west ham, but felt he had to move on to get out of his fathers shadow.
He did say that the coaching was better at Chelsea. Maybe he was miss quoted (or am i being naive)

Would have loved to have met him, he seems really down to earth, was he / is he?

fraser Mar 9th 2006 8:40 am

Thats interesting, i heard him interviewed and he said he loved it at west ham, but felt he had to move on to get out of his fathers shadow.
He did say that the coaching was better at Chelsea. Maybe he was miss quoted (or am i being naive)

Would have loved to have met him, he seems really down to earth, was he / is he?

The first time I met him was at Ascot in the champagne tent, he was with Jamie and Mark Redknapp who were in the company of a girl that I know.

But I've also had a few chats with him down the gym as the players used it when injured and having met him at Ascot he'd always chat to me and yes both he and Jamie seemed down to earth.

Gold Coaster Mar 9th 2006 9:53 am

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
THIS BOY CAN ONLY BE A GOONER!

Do you know how I know?

Becaaue gooners are so unsuccessful in Europe that they can only crow on about going through a season unbeaten.

Its almost like its all they're left with.

Well done..it was a great achievment...BUT YOU CAN'T STICK THAT IN YOUR RELATIVELY EMPTY TROPHY CABINET.

;)

Yes we know, that is the same as Looserpoo quoting their history as theirs.
It's all they are left with and can't stick history in your cabinet either. :zzz:

tucs Mar 9th 2006 10:21 am

Originally Posted by fraser
The first time I met him was at Ascot in the champagne tent, he was with Jamie and Mark Redknapp who were in the company of a girl that I know.

But I've also had a few chats with him down the gym as the players used it when injured and having met him at Ascot he'd always chat to me and yes both he and Jamie seemed down to earth.

fraser,
what do you think of Joe Cole?
before and after west ham.

fraser Mar 9th 2006 11:20 am

fraser,
what do you think of Joe Cole?
before and after west ham.

I don't think he's changed at all since he left us apart from his finishing, still too many stepovers and he still looks like he's got downs syndrome :D

hawk2005 Mar 9th 2006 12:21 pm

Whats the difference between cockneys & smarties - smarties dont melt in the tube

tucs Mar 9th 2006 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by hawk2005
Whats the difference between cockneys & smarties - smarties dont melt in the tube

That has to be the sickest joke going. Cockney or not, that is the pits.

Hope you feal proud of yourself today.

Gold Coaster Mar 9th 2006 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by hawk2005

:mad: In Bad taste mate.

touchingcloth Mar 9th 2006 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Yes we know, that is the same as Looserpoo quoting their history as theirs.
It's all they are left with and can't stick history in your cabinet either. :zzz:

Actually...if you visit Anfield...you'll find it all in our cabinet already ;)

...In the same way that Brazil have won 5 World cups!

Nobody was saying to them before 1994 that they shite because they hadn't won a world cup since 1970.

Question: Would you like Arsenal to have won as many trophies as Liverpool have?
Answer: Yes (I'm sure thats what David Dein, and all proper supporters would say) :beer:

manxfamily Mar 9th 2006 8:54 pm

Nice arguement about the European Cup and the Champions League being the same.

Hardly the case though, the Champions League is a former shadow of the European Cup. It is now a Micky Mouse compeition and is all about revenue. I mean, you don't actually have to be a champion to be in it. It should be called the European winners and also rans league.

And as for Liverpool fans claiming to be proud to be Euro champions, they should be embarrased. They can't even win the league in their own country and therefore shouldn't even be in the 'champions' league.

Gold Coaster Mar 9th 2006 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Actually...if you visit Anfield...you'll find it all in our cabinet already ;)

...In the same way that Brazil have won 5 World cups!

Nobody was saying to them before 1994 that they shite because they hadn't won a world cup since 1970.

Question: Would you like Arsenal to have won as many trophies as Liverpool have?
Answer: Yes (I'm sure thats what David Dein, and all proper supporters would say) :beer:

Don't really give a toss about either team being a Chelsea fan ;)

Gold Coaster Mar 9th 2006 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Nice arguement about the European Cup and the Champions League being the same.

Hardly the case though, the Champions League is a former shadow of the European Cup. It is now a Micky Mouse compeition and is all about revenue. I mean, you don't actually have to be a champion to be in it. It should be called the European winners and also rans league.

And as for Liverpool fans claiming to be proud to be Euro champions, they should be embarrased. They can't even win the league in their own country and therefore shouldn't even be in the 'champions' league.

Bloody well said, you are getting heaps of K from me. :)

They should be embarrassed being 30 odd points every season from the Champions of English football and I would go further and say they are a disgrace to the English Premier League to be so far behind every year and cling on to that fake European cup they won by a goal that was not. :mad:

They are a laughing stock of the English top flight and are not even in the same universe of the good Liverpool team that most people respected in the 80s. But their fans can always relate to history which is just plain pathetic IMO :confused:

fraser Mar 9th 2006 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
Bloody well said, you are getting heaps of K from me. :)

They should be embarrassed being 30 odd points every season from the Champions of English football and I would go further and say they are a disgrace to the English Premier League to be so far behind every year and cling on to that fake European cup they won by a goal that was not. :mad:

They are a laughing stock of the English top flight and are not even in the same universe of the good Liverpool team that most people respected in the 80s. But their fans can always relate to history which is just plain pathetic IMO :confused:

I see that you only notice certain posts ;)