Reload this Page >

Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE

Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE

Old Mar 9th 2006, 1:40 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE

Originally Posted by LFC
Three football fans in a pub. One of them sees a twenty pound note in the fish tank. The landlord tells them that anyone who gets it out before the piranha eats their hand gets to keep it.
The Gooner puts his hand in and the piranha bites off two of his fingers.
The second who's a West Ham fan waits until the fish looks the other way and then puts his hand in, he pulls it out with his left hand missing.
Chelski fan puts his hand in and pulls out the twenty. The landlord ask how he managed it and Chelski fan shows him his hand where tattooed across his knuckles is" CHELSEA 2007 European Champions".
The landlord says " I UNDERSTAND NOW,NOT EVEN A F*****G PIRANHA WILL SWALLOW THAT LOAD OF SH*T"

I can cut and paste poor jokes too!!

that wasnt poor, dont put yourself down that was good.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 1:51 pm
Tiny Member

Originally Posted by LFC
You started the history lesson, albeit a rather brief one!
Maybe you missed earlier threads or maybe it was a different post.
Brief history of chelsea.
shite for years, now very good.
Other teams spent a fortune on players chelsea couldnt.
Now they can buy players. people say they are buying the league every year.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 2:46 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LFC
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!! If we're going to start quoting honours........................
Here goes for Liverpool :-

League Title 1900-01 1905-06 1921-22 1922-23 1946-47
1963-64 1965-66 1972-73 1975-76 1976-77
1978-79 1979-80 1981-82 1982-83 1983-84
1985-86 1987-88 1989-90 (18 Times....Record)

European Cup/
Champions League 1976-77 1977-78 1980-81 1983-84 2004-05
(5 Times...British Record)

FA Cup 1964-65 1973-74 1985-86 1988-89 1991-92
2000-01 (6 Times)

League Cup 1980-81 1981-82 1982-83 1983-84 1994-95
2000-01 2002-03 (7 Times.......Record)

UEFA Cup 1972-73 1975-76 2000-01

Cup Winners Cup 1972-73 1975-76 2000-01 (3 Times)

And as for beating Chelsea who knocked them out in the semi-finals of the CL last season?!?
I've knocked out the Super Cup & Charity shield. They're not major trophies.

The League Cup success's are barely worth shouting about, as we all know the decent top flight teams don't play full strength sides until at least the semi's.

So to summarize - other than the European Cup last year (fair play, great achievement) Liverpool have won one FA Cup in 14 years.

Hardly a record to be proud of.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn

The League Cup success's are barely worth shouting about, as we all know the decent top flight teams don't play full strength sides until at least the semi's.

So to summarize - other than the European Cup last year (fair play, great achievement) Liverpool have won one FA Cup in 14 years.

Hardly a record to be proud of?

Thats right...we should be ashamed of our record !
Its terrible..boo hoo.

If only we had a record like your club's .....

I notice that you didn't mention which club you support....what r u hiding?

COME ON.....don't be shy...tell us all which hugely successful team you support that makes LFC look like underachievers?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:12 pm
kevinsyder

Talking Re: Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
I was just wondering when we would have the posts berating Liverpool's pathetic loss against the no hoper's of Benfica.

The majority of posters yesterday were attacking Chelsea for loosing to Barcelona so please feel free to comment on Looserpool also.
It is only fair guys.

I will start it off:

Liverpool were found out as certainly not the best team in Europe as everybody but the Liverpool fans agreed with. And they are miles and miles away from ever winning the Premiership for many years to come.You could even argue that they struggle to be the best team in Liverpool.
Went the game last night, okay we got beat and deservedly so, but we are a good team, probably the best midfield in the prem, defence needs sorting, aside from carra and maybe finnan, but rafa has recruited 3 young promising defenders, as for attackers, morientes is living on a name and fowler is past his best, and cisse is more interested in his stupid haircuts, crouch is not a goalscorer, but rafa has done well considering the shite mr houllier left him with, he has to buy quality. And there is no way tranmere are better than us, cos they are the 2nd best team in liverpool.

Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

THIS BOY CAN ONLY BE A GOONER!

Do you know how I know?

Becaaue gooners are so unsuccessful in Europe that they can only crow on about going through a season unbeaten.

Its almost like its all they're left with.

Well done..it was a great achievment...BUT YOU CAN'T STICK THAT IN YOUR RELATIVELY EMPTY TROPHY CABINET.

Old Mar 9th 2006, 3:41 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hardly a record to be proud of?

Thats right...we should be ashamed of our record !
Its terrible..boo hoo.
Did I say you ought to be ashamed of your record

The response was to LFC, who took half an hour to list all your clubs honours. And my point being, in recent years, with the exception of last year's European Cup, Liverpools record is sh!te.

They haven't won the league for 16 years.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:09 pm
Tiny Member

I hear what you are saying, think i would have Lampard up in the great players though.
Never understand why he hasnt bought a big boy striker.
He inherited drogba and crespo, i do not rate drogba i would sooner have gudjohnsen in.
Maybe the premiership dosnt suit some of these big stars? i dont know .
Is there many big boys in the premiership? Rooney is a great player but one of the only one i can think of that is doing good things.

English players are definately better suited to the premiership but seem so expensive. gerrard, beckham, what price on them boys.

Sorry...ain't interested in tit for tat bickering.

On a serious point...do u think Moriniho could have spent a little more wisely? i.e...he could have bought better.

I know its easy to say with hindsight..but to aspire to be the best in the europe....and create a club dynasty which can dominate ak Real Madrid/AC Milan/Liverpool (of old)...and to a lesser extent Juve, Bayern, Ajax....

....Chelsea should have bought legends/legends in the making...i.e the big boys.
eg..Ronadinho, Terry H, Ballack,...some real heavyweights, rather than very good players...but not legends.

Out of the current Chelsea squad...I would say you have only 2 world class players...Cech, Terry.

4/5 Very very good players...but not World class...Robben, Cole, Lampard(yes...there is better than Lampard out there) & Crespo.

The rest are very good (enough to be English Champs) but not good enough to really standout in the World

Morninho should be aiming for the BEST 11 players in Europe in each position eg. Real Madrid a couple of years ago (except for theire defence)

The only reason why Madrid are not Europena Champions year after year...is for 2 reasons: 1. Crap defence 2. Crap managers.

Now if Morninho managed Madrid...there would be hell to pay for ALL other clubs.

TC
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Did I say you ought to be ashamed of your record

The response was to LFC, who took half an hour to list all your clubs honours. And my point being, in recent years, with the exception of last year's European Cup, Liverpools record is sh!te.

They haven't won the league for 16 years.

but WHAT a f*kcin exception.

Ok...lets play your game...lets play comparing recent achievements.
Can't get more recent than last season.

Liverpool- EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS.

Arsenal- FA Cup.

Now lets use your 'exception'/recent rule.

With the exception of a 1994 Cup winners cup and a 1960's Fairs cup (yes most gunners don't even know that they won that)

WHAT HAVE YOU WON?????????????????????????????????

The fact is Arsenal are not even the best team in London..let alone England..let alone Europe.

First Learn to Crawl before you learn to walk.. Learn to walk before you can run. Then you may compare achievments to the big boys without looking so stupid. EVEN some of my gooner mates know this.

Only Man Utd (much as I hate them) can talk/compare achiements with Liverpool.

Arsenal are a joke!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tucs
I hear what you are saying, think i would have Lampard up in the great players though.
Never understand why he hasnt bought a big boy striker.
He inherited drogba and crespo, i do not rate drogba i would sooner have gudjohnsen in.
Maybe the premiership dosnt suit some of these big stars? i dont know .
Is there many big boys in the premiership? Rooney is a great player but one of the only one i can think of that is doing good things.

English players are definately better suited to the premiership but seem so expensive. gerrard, beckham, what price on them boys.
To be honest...I think Moriniho is caught between a rock and a hard place. I think he wants ot spend Abramovichs money but at the same time doesn't want to be known as a manager who bought a winning team.

I think his pride is getting in the way of his ego. If he had insisted on the best from day one...things would have been different.

Ferguson dominated England for years....and only just about won 1 champions league...the reason being was the lack of world class players.

One player could make all the difference for Chelsea....somebody who is the controls the tempo of the play..with bags of skill (sorry Frank...it ain't you). Chelsea don't have him...and there are very few to choose from.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:40 pm
Tiny Member

[QUOTE=touchingcloth]To be honest...I think Moriniho is caught between a rock and a hard place. I think he wants ot spend Abramovichs money but at the same time doesn't want to be known as a manager who bought a winning team.

I think his pride is getting in the way of his ego. If he had insisted on the best from day one...things would have been different.

Ferguson dominated England for years....and only just about won 1 champions league...the reason being was the lack of world class players.

One player could make all the difference for Chelsea....somebody who is the controls the tempo of the play..with bags of skill (sorry Frank...it ain't you). Chelsea don't have him...and there are very few to choose from.[/QUOT

I am putting my hand out to be slapped here, but, yes Moriniho has spent a lot of money but so have Liverpool (over the years) ManUTD have spent a fortune. Mouriniho spent a lot of money quickly. Even with the money they have i dont think he will buy more players. I would love to see a good striker, but not much more.
Abramovich has not pumped money into Chelsea. (hold on now before i finish)
He has only agreed to stand guarantor for the excisting and new loans.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:59 pm
Banned

but WHAT a f*kcin exception.

Ok...lets play your game...lets play comparing recent achievements.
Can't get more recent than last season.

Liverpool- EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS.

Arsenal- FA Cup.

Now lets use your 'exception'/recent rule.

With the exception of a 1994 Cup winners cup and a 1960's Fairs cup (yes most gunners don't even know that they won that)

WHAT HAVE YOU WON?????????????????????????????????

The fact is Arsenal are not even the best team in London..let alone England..let alone Europe.

First Learn to Crawl before you learn to walk.. Learn to walk before you can run. Then you may compare achievments to the big boys without looking so stupid. EVEN some of my gooner mates know this.

Only Man Utd (much as I hate them) can talk/compare achiements with Liverpool.

Arsenal are a joke!
In recent years you're out of your league sunshine.

Since 1998 we've won 3 league titles (2 doubles), and 3 FA Cups. Just to remind you - Liverpool haven't won the league for 16 years.

As for Arsenal being a joke When I was stood in the North Bank last night watching us dump out el galacticos, the only laughing came when the score from Anfield was announced.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 5:05 pm
Banned

In recent years you're out of your league sunshine.

Since 1998 we've won 3 league titles (2 doubles), and 3 FA Cups. Just to remind you - Liverpool haven't won the league for 16 years.

As for Arsenal being a joke When I was stood in the North Bank last night watching us dump out el galacticos, the only laughing came when the score from Anfield was announced.
Whoops - terribly sorry, that's 4 FA Cups, not 3
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:46 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tucs
Fat Frank is no doubt a very good player, but great he is not as he's not at all strong enough defensively as a central midfielder, although he gets away with it at Chelsea because of the system they play.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:52 pm
Tiny Member

Was he great when he was at west ham.?

Apparently, Alan Pardewas offered to send the squad on an all expenses paid holiday to Florida but they declined. They'd rather go to Blackpool so they could see what it's like to ride on an open-top bus.

Originally Posted by fraser
Fat Frank is no doubt a very good player, but great he is not as he's not at all strong enough defensively as a central midfielder, although he gets away with it at Chelsea because of the system they play.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.