British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/liverpool-european-champions-my-%2Arse-360010/)

LFC Mar 8th 2006 3:19 pm

Re: Liverpool "European Champions" My *RSE

Originally Posted by tucs
Why did Gerard Houllier go to Argos?
It's the only place he could pick up Premier Points.

Get with the programme !! :mad:

If you're gonna try an' take the p*ss, at least get the current managers name right!!

Its RAFA BENITEZ!!!! :rolleyes:
Houllier was sacked in May 2004!!!!!

Not only are you "goin' grey", you obviously must be goin' senile as well!!! ;) :p

diddy Mar 8th 2006 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Coaster
No was not me mate.

Was not intending to give abuse! did not think the comment was tattoo bad. :D

No worries, anyway I must have a hole in my head given as I support Cardiff City.

hawk2005 Mar 8th 2006 3:38 pm

What is it with Chelsea - they can't even buy a Champions League title - what a bunch of losers.

They've got a long way before they can catch up with more successful European clubs like Steau Bucarest, Aston Villa & Nottingham Forest.

The only record they currently hold apart from the biggest d1ckhead of a manager is making the worlds greatest ever loss for a football club at 140 million quid, and what is even more amusing is that Peter Kenyon claims the club is "well run"

Gold Coaster Mar 8th 2006 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by hawk2005
What is it with Chelsea - they can't even buy a Champions League title - what a bunch of losers.

They've got a long way before they can catch up with more successful European clubs like Steau Bucarest, Aston Villa & Nottingham Forest.

:) You are joking, please tel me you are joking

The only record they currently hold apart from the biggest d1ckhead of a manager is making the worlds greatest ever loss for a football club at 140 million quid, and what is even more amusing is that Peter Kenyon claims the club is "well run"

:) Oh to us that is just small change down the side of uncle Ambo,s sofa. you would love to have his sofa wouldn't ya. :zzz:

Gold Coaster Mar 8th 2006 4:44 pm

[QUOTE=LFC]Get with the programme !! :mad:

If you're gonna try an' take the p*ss, at least get the current managers name right!!

Its RAFA BENITEZ!!!!

Not only are you "goin' grey", you obviously must be goin' senile as well!!! ;)

I think you will find that the person that posted the joke had pasted it from a site that was relevant at the time Houllier was the manager. Nothing has actually changed since Beni boy has been the boss and the comment still stands true in everyone Else's eyes so we should all allow the comment to stand. :)

And as for taking the P*ss. surly that is what all other fans did on here yesterday with Chelsea, was it not :confused: I think the poster has every right to post some banter in return.

Perhaps Chelsea fans are the happier knowing that we lost to the only team in Europe that is marginally better than us and Barcelona will probably go on to win the competition, and will win the Premiership at an embarrassing canter and points total without really getting out of first gear all season.

As opposed to Liverpool loosing to a very minor team in Europe and will probably end up in 3rd place in the Prem at best and be anything from 20 to 30 points behind Chelsea and top spot. :rolleyes:

Oh well they have got Peter Cruch though. World class footballer that he is :D

LFC Mar 8th 2006 5:28 pm

I think you will find that the person that posted the joke had pasted it from a site that was relevant at the time Houllier was the manager. Nothing has actually changed since Beni boy has been the boss and the comment still stands true in everyone Else's eyes so we should all allow the comment to stand.

I could quote many sites that made comment of the fact that Chelsea once had a team full of Itallians who couldn't win an Arse kicking competition against a one legged man!! But as we are in the present and not the mid 90s the comment has as much relevance as the one I quoted above!! None!! :p

And as for taking the P*ss. surly that is what all other fans did on here yesterday with Chelsea, was it not I think the poster has every right to post some banter in return.

Absolutely!!!!! :) Still, it would be nice to keep it up to date!! :rolleyes:

Perhaps Chelsea fans are the happier knowing that we lost to the only team in Europe that is marginally better than us and Barcelona will probably go on to win the competition, and will win the Premiership at an embarrassing canter and points total without really getting out of first gear all season.

I thought this was supposed to be a posting about Liverpool, wonder how come people are on more interested at having a pop at Chelski??? :confused:

Oh well they have got Peter Cruch though. World class footballer that he is :D

We'll see how he goes in the World Cup for England then eh? :D

Gold Coaster Mar 8th 2006 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by LFC
I could quote many sites that made comment of the fact that Chelsea once had a team full of Itallians who couldn't win an Arse kicking competition against a one legged man!! But as we are in the present and not the mid 90s the comment has as much relevance as the one I quoted above!! None!! :p

Absolutely!!!!! :) Still, it would be nice to keep it up to date!! :rolleyes:

I thought this was supposed to be a posting about Liverpool, wonder how come people are on more interested at having a pop at Chelski??? :confused:

We'll see how he goes in the World Cup for England then eh? :D

Do you think Crouch will get a game though :o

LFC Mar 8th 2006 6:05 pm

Do you think Crouch will get a game though :o

I hope so!! :)

I think for all his detractors, he has a lot to offer. He seems a very awkward opponent for defenders to deal with, and will probably be most effective as a sub?!? :)

I know he's not every ones cup of tea, but I think he's a good 'un!! ;)

Gold Coaster Mar 8th 2006 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by LFC
I hope so!! :)

I think for all his detractors, he has a lot to offer. He seems a very awkward opponent for defenders to deal with, and will probably be most effective as a sub?!? :)

I know he's not every ones cup of tea, but I think he's a good 'un!! ;)

If he does play and sticks the ball into the back of the net in the world cup then I will be one of the first to congratulate the guy. :)

Grayling Mar 8th 2006 6:59 pm

I still never got the answer to my question:

How many times have Chelsea won the European cup? :confused:

No one seems to know :rolleyes:

G

tucs Mar 8th 2006 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by LFC
Get with the programme !! :mad:

Its RAFA BENITEZ!!!! :rolleyes:

Not only are you "goin' grey", you obviously must be goin' senile as well!!! ;) :p

no it was definately Houllier was standing in front of me in the que. with that long nose lick arse thompson. Feb 2004.

Q: How many Liverpool fans does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Yeah, as if they have electricity in Liverpool...

Q: What's is the differance between Pamela Anderson and the Liverpool goal?
A: Pam's only got two tits in front of her

Q: What do you get if you cross a Monkey with a Liverpudlian?
A: Nothing. The monkeys are far too clever to screw a Liverpudlian.

Q: What is the difference between a battery and a Scowser fan?
A: A battery has a positive side.

Q: Why do Sumo wrestlers shave their legs?
A: So they ain't mistaken fur a Liverpudlian women.

Rasta will be gone in the summer anyway.

HiddenPaw Mar 8th 2006 7:49 pm

I was just wondering when we would have the posts berating Liverpool's pathetic loss against the no hoper's of Benfica.

The majority of posters yesterday were attacking Chelsea for loosing to Barcelona so please feel free to comment on Looserpool also. :confused:
It is only fair guys.

I will start it off:

Liverpool were found out as certainly not the best team in Europe as everybody but the Liverpool fans agreed with. And they are miles and miles away from ever winning the Premiership for many years to come.You could even argue that they struggle to be the best team in Liverpool. ;)

what were you saying yesterday about "bitter and jealous"? :D

No hopers Benfica??....they've got two more European Cups than Chelsea, haven't they!! :p .

Maybe when Chelsea have done something in Europe they can shout down the other teams who are still in the competition. ;)

Well done to Arsenal.

HiddenPaw Mar 8th 2006 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
I still never got the answer to my question:

How many times have Chelsea won the European cup? :confused:

No one seems to know :rolleyes:

G

Not as many times as Aston Villa ;)

tucs Mar 8th 2006 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Not as many times as Aston Villa ;)

League Title 1955 2005 2006

FA Cup 1970 1997 2000 2006

League Cup 1965 1998 2005

Cup Winners Cup 1971 1998

Super Cup 1998

Community Shield 1955 2000 2005 2006

no european cup. Champions league is the cup now, so ok Liverpool have won that once. Big deal. they won it but never beat Chelsea. Stop living in the past. Live for now.

Boomerang Mar 8th 2006 9:40 pm

Ah those no hopers that are in the last eight as opposed to the best team in Europe who are out
I like the arrogance (common in English football) quite funny actually, when Liverpool lost in Portugal to Benfica it's supports were so confident that they were going to "Trash" Benfica at Anfield, and what happened...?

Well, we all know 0-2! :D

:beer: