Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

List 3 things which really annoy you....

Wikiposts

List 3 things which really annoy you....

Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List 3 things which really annoy you....

I was gonna write pardon, but then realised I wasn't that funny

Poor you, that must suck!

OK....for my dyspraxic son who can't tie his shoe laces....When people say...

"Perhaps you just need to practise"

"Perhaps he just needs someone else to show him"

"Hes a bit unco isn't he?"

Or...hes lazy, hes thick, hes just trickin' ya' No eff wit, hes dyspraxic!

Try doing your laces up in a mirror, not looking at you hands, oh and use your non dominant hand as the lead...then MAYBE you might just get a bit of an idea..actually do that for everything you do for just one day, then tell me how tired and down you feel....

Rant over....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

1. Migrants getting together and doing nothing but talk about what they miss in UK. (if it was that good what the bloody hell you doing here!)
  2. My mother
  3. Not being able to ADSL broadband cos there arent enough 'ports!'
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:11 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asher
people who say 'what i can't hear you' when i tell them I'm deaf and think they are funny!

People who say Oh you don't look deaf am I supposed to have a hunched back and moronic expression or maybe just deaf tattooed across my forehead!

phew rant over
I think lots of people get embarrassed and feel awkward when you tell them of a disability. My daughter is mildly disabled (and also moderately deaf but touch wood, the ops seem to have improved things). People say the most bizarre things - I really do think its just like brain doesnt engage. I did it the other day and the more I tried to get myself out of it the worse it got. it was really awful. Hope their ignorance doesnt get you down too often Viv
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viviennef
I think lots of people get embarrassed and feel awkward when you tell them of a disability. My daughter is mildly disabled (and also moderately deaf but touch wood, the ops seem to have improved things). People say the most bizarre things - I really do think its just like brain doesnt engage. I did it the other day and the more I tried to get myself out of it the worse it got. it was really awful. Hope their ignorance doesnt get you down too often Viv
Know what you mean. My Dad is deaf to all intents and purposes and for some reason, shouting is the favoured response...
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
  1. Migrants getting together and doing nothing but talk about what they miss in UK. (if it was that good what the bloody hell you doing here!)
  2. My mother
  3. Not being able to ADSL broadband cos there arent enough 'ports!'
Maybe 3 causes 1
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I have had the pleasure of spending an evening with Asher & can say that, to converse with her, requires a small amount of effort ie to remember to look at her when speaking to her. She is funny & lovely & in need of more Baileys and those that cannot be arsed really are the losers.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I have had the pleasure of spending an evening with Asher & can say that, to converse with her, requires a small amount of effort ie to remember to look at her when speaking to her. She is funny & lovely & in need of more Baileys and those that cannot be arsed really are the losers.
Never met Ash but love her internet persona. Would love to meet her, along with a few others on here.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

It is not just Migrants, I am sick to the back teeth of the Brits in the UK when they hear my accent (oh after we get over the fact I am not from NZ) say something like "why are you in this for god forsaken country for"

Originally Posted by daunted
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

or mouthing really really slowly while shouting too! I have seen this not experienced it

Originally Posted by kporte
Know what you mean. My Dad is deaf to all intents and purposes and for some reason, shouting is the favoured response...
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
people who say 'what i can't hear you' when i tell them I'm deaf and think they are funny!

people who barge past the disabled and knock them off their walking stick so they fall over and don't even look back! very common here in Aus

people who get pissed off when I can't lip read them sorry moron it's five minutes of your time it's my whole life!!

people who think it's funny to cover their mouth to talk when I tell them I lip read yes of course I'm lying and only teasing when I say I'm deaf the hearing aids are for fun!

People who say Oh you don't look deaf am I supposed to have a hunched back and moronic expression or maybe just deaf tattooed across my forehead!

phew rant over
As a contact lens wearer I've realised we ALL lipread. I have real trouble understanding people when I sans lenses!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hevs
I was gonna write pardon, but then realised I wasn't that funny

Poor you, that must suck!

OK....for my dyspraxic son who can't tie his shoe laces....When people say...

"Perhaps you just need to practise"

"Perhaps he just needs someone else to show him"

"Hes a bit unco isn't he?"

Or...hes lazy, hes thick, hes just trickin' ya' No eff wit, hes dyspraxic!

Try doing your laces up in a mirror, not looking at you hands, oh and use your non dominant hand as the lead...then MAYBE you might just get a bit of an idea..actually do that for everything you do for just one day, then tell me how tired and down you feel....

Rant over....
I had to look dyspraxic up, and it seems to be you are doing a fantastic job with him.

I think there is a milder version which I had as a kid. I was terminally clumsy, kack-handed they said, and they nicknamed me the 'fairy elephant' because I tried to be girlie but got it all wrong. I saw things differently, for example anything I drew, I drew upside down. When I grew up and took driving lessons I could never co-ordinate my feet on the pedals - I couldn't even coordinate my feet on a treadle sewing machine! (I don't drive - I did manage an automatic, but I hate it too much.) PE lessons were a nightmare at school - the teacher called me 'the most uncoordinated creature I have ever had the misfortune to teach' Right now, typing, I get my fingers in a twist and constantly have to correct.

BUT what I wanted to say is this - I grew up pretty normal. True, I'm still clumsy and have a broken ankle and broken toe in the last 9 months to prove it, but I have had a normal life, two great kids, and a happy marriage.

As for she laces - that sort of problem is what velcro was invented for!!!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Joan.

I wouldn't be stressing over the laces, but he starts secondary on the first of feb and he has to have black lace up shoes.....

Believe me I know that he'll grow up happy, (I am dyslexic with a hint of dyspraic chucked in) but I also want him to grow up the best he can be, as he is pretty clever. But lack of funding in schools over here is frustrating the crap out of me. He needs an aide to help with things like scribing and organisation as these areas are where he comes apart...but no, unless he has an ASD nothing! Grrr

Sorry to hi jack every one
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:49 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
Hi everyone, very boring day today so here's a random thread for you all! The things can be as minor or major as you like. I have tons but the first 3 that come to my mind are:

1. Crisps/chips with not enough flavour on them
2. Being ignored by waiters whilst those around me are being served
3. People on public transport stinking of garlic

Over to you guys!
internet polls, people who make lists and hampsters
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:27 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
But lack of funding in schools over here is frustrating the crap out of me. He needs an aide to help with things like scribing and organisation as these areas are where he comes apart...but no, unless he has an ASD nothing! Grrr

Sorry to hi jack every one
I know what you mean, our daughter has just met her new aide for next year (provided at our cost) we only found her name as it was on the bill
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
internet polls, people who make lists and hampsters
What is a hampster????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.