Liquid Limestone

Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Liquid Limestone

I want to put liquid limestone around my pool, Has anyone mixed and layed this themselves ?
If you have what mix did you use, for the crushed limestone, light cement and sand. Only got about 20 sq mtrs to do.
Any advice appreciated

John
Old Dec 5th 2009, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Liquid Limestone

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
I want to put liquid limestone around my pool, Has anyone mixed and layed this themselves ?
If you have what mix did you use, for the crushed limestone, light cement and sand. Only got about 20 sq mtrs to do.
Any advice appreciated

John
Do yourself a favour and arrange a mini concrete delivery truck - unless you get the mix correctly ratio'd each time, it'll look like a patchwork quilt
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice appreciated

John
It's not expensive to have someone else do it. We had 53 m2 done around our pool and it was $2600. They also did pads outside the patio doors with the leftovers at no extra cost. Let me know if you want the names of the guys who did ours. They're just in Connelly.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossi

Do yourself a favour and arrange a mini concrete delivery truck - unless you get the mix correctly ratio'd each time, it'll look like a patchwork quilt
Rough enough is good enough, so i keep hearing from the aussies i work with.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Rough enough is good enough, so i keep hearing from the aussies i work with.
Let's try it another way then.............
do you want to spend 2 days "mixing" and laying the stuff
OR
1 day just laying it
Cost wise it'll work out about the same anyway
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:47 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice appreciated

John
Be careful. How long ago did you have the pool installed? I'd leave it a good while (several months) before using liquid limestone around a pool. Also when they pour the stuff, make sure an expansion joint (a high density foam strip) is installed between the pool and the liquid limestone so the concrete doesn't border up against the pool edge.

Why? Because with the thermal cycling/further settling. expansion contraction it is possible, unlikely but possible, you will crack your pool (if fibreglass).
How do I know? Mine has. It was installed 2 years before we bought the house and all seemed fine. First summer we were in cracks in the beam around the pool started. 3 years on and they are now all round and full thickness of the fibreglass. The fix - a new pool.
This has been diagnosed as the root cause by 3 pool repair contractors. Its rare and I guess we have been unlucky but for a few simple steps i.e. patience and expansion joint, you should negate the worst possible scenario.

Good luck.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Be careful. How long ago did you have the pool installed? I'd leave it a good while (several months) before using liquid limestone around a pool. Also when they pour the stuff, make sure an expansion joint (a high density foam strip) is installed between the pool and the liquid limestone so the concrete doesn't border up against the pool edge.

Why? Because with the thermal cycling/further settling. expansion contraction it is possible, unlikely but possible, you will crack your pool (if fibreglass).
How do I know? Mine has. It was installed 2 years before we bought the house and all seemed fine. First summer we were in cracks in the beam around the pool started. 3 years on and they are now all round and full thickness of the fibreglass. The fix - a new pool.
This has been diagnosed as the root cause by 3 pool repair contractors. Its rare and I guess we have been unlucky but for a few simple steps i.e. patience and expansion joint, you should negate the worst possible scenario.

Good luck.
Thank you, the pool has been in years but had decking which was totally shot away, I will definatley be using foam expansion joints though

John
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's not expensive to have someone else do it. We had 53 m2 done around our pool and it was $2600. They also did pads outside the patio doors with the leftovers at no extra cost. Let me know if you want the names of the guys who did ours. They're just in Connelly.
Hey Dorothy, any chance you can let me know the name of the guys that did your liquid limestone? We're interested in having some done around our pool/patio area and would be keen to get a quote.

Also, do you have any pics??

Cheers
Mish
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mish & al
Hey Dorothy, any chance you can let me know the name of the guys that did your liquid limestone? We're interested in having some done around our pool/patio area and would be keen to get a quote.

Also, do you have any pics??

Cheers
Mish
They were called Easypour Limestone. http://www.liquidlimestoneperth.com.au/ I have photos but they're on my other 'puter. Once I've transferred all my pictures over to the new lappy I'll upload.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:47 am
Just Joined

johnmwentz is an unknown quantity at this point

Any advice appreciated

John
Just relax,Why don't you seek the services of professionals? It would be easier for you.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I've been looking at liquid limestone but you are lucky over in Perth as apparently it's a fraction of the cost of it over here in VIC!

I just want a patio to magically appear but I think it's going to be too expensive to do in VIC in it.

The Homeone forum is a useful source for finding out the price of things seeing as no one ever puts prices on their websites here.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 6:52 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by johnmwentz
Just relax,Why don't you seek the services of professionals? It would be easier for you.
Um, this thread is 8 months old and John has already done the work.