Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Lighterlife??? Anyone tried it???

Lighterlife??? Anyone tried it???

Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:27 pm
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about
Default Lighterlife??? Anyone tried it???

I met a lady at the gym tonight, started the usual chit chat. We were talking about most ladies fave subject.......weight loss!!!! She said she had lost four and a half stone in four months on the lighter life diet plan!!! To look at her you would never have imagined her heavy........Anyway love to hear from anyone who has experienced this?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lighterlife??? Anyone tried it???

Originally Posted by Wjuicypeach
I met a lady at the gym tonight, started the usual chit chat. We were talking about most ladies fave subject.......weight loss!!!! She said she had lost four and a half stone in four months on the lighter life diet plan!!! To look at her you would never have imagined her heavy........Anyway love to hear from anyone who has experienced this?
Hi Juicy peach!

Yep, I did lighter life plan in aug to dec 2004. I lost 5+ stone going from a size 20 to a small size 8........BUT.......EVERYONE i know who has done this diet has put all or at least a lot of their weight back on within 6 months, i have put on around 3 1/2 stone. The only exception to this is one lady from my group who did it for the second time, she lost 5 stone the first time, then put on 6, after a year she did it again and lost 5 stone. She still 5 years later uses the shakes etc for much of the time.

All of us said we would be the ones to keep it off, but as soon as you start eating again the weight jumps back on even tho you are eating tiny meals, your body gets used to living on the 400 cals a day.

I found the diet really easy once i made up my mind to do it, i did not eat or drink ANYTHING but the shakes and soups and water for the whole time, not even a diet coke or stick of gum.

It is very expensive, i think now it is about 70 quid a month if you follow it to the letter it WILL work but just be aware that you will most likely gain the weight back. Sorry if i'm putting a damper on it for you but personally i wouldn't recommend it.

Good luck Claire x
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think fad diets work at all. Unless you want to fork out that much money for the rest of your life and never eat solids again! It has to be a REALISTIC lifestyle change that you can maintain. This is what Slimming World and WW try to achieve but I don't like them either.

Change the bad foods for healthy, reduce portion sizes, cut out alcohol and up your exercise loads and you should lose weight naturally and slowly and it'll stay off. My DH did this a few years ago and lost 4 stone over about 9 months. Still same size now. Had a little blip where he put on a stone when we moved but we had a holiday too and drank loads! Now he's cut the pizzas and rubbish out again he's back on track.

A friend knew someone on LighterLife and she lost 7 stone in 6 months BUT her teeth became loose as she hadn't eaten any solids for so long. I cannnot imagine not chewing for 6 months+.

I myself am next in line for changing my diet as I have 5 stone to lose (post baby bulge) and I will be following what my DH did.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:32 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wjuicypeach
No, but I'll pass this onto the OH

Cooler
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:26 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
No, but I'll pass this onto the OH

Cooler
Naughty, naughty!!!

Thanks everyone for your advice
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

One really simple strategy (which I learned with Weight Watchers) was a food diary where you record EVERYTHING. It's a real eye-opener to see just what you actually do eat over the course of a day.

Good luck
Old Sep 1st 2009, 7:45 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

I heard about lighterlife whilst living in NZ - but it wasnt available there. So I researched and found a similar product called 'The Cambridge Diet' that was sold in Australia. I ordered a months supply at a time in 2007 and lost 4.5 stone in 5 months and went from a 18/20 down to a 10/12. I put 4 stone back on in less time than it took to loose it and have tried the diet again but with no success. There are a few who succeed in maintaining but the majority struggle. There is a good website called minimins.com who have a whole forum for Lighterlife/The Cambridge Diet/etc.

I am just about to start on the 'Lite N Easy' diet where they supply all the food for the whole week 1200cals. Hopefully this will be more successful for me.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Any diet that requres shakes or bars isn't going to work long term. The only thing that will work is a change of mind set, how much you serve up, what you serve up and how you exercise. Get those sorted and if weight comes off and you have changed your behaviour for life, the weight will stay off.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:25 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I recently lost 12 stone...................the wife
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I know a few people who tried lighter life. They lost A LOT of weight but all have put it back on. A couple are actually heavier now than when they started. In my opinion it totally mucks up you metabolism. Lets face it, we ALL know the healthy eating rules, low fat, low sugar and plenty of exercise. Common sense tells us that the fad diets are unhealthy and cannot maintain a healthy weight, yet we still consider them. Its as though, because we are paying for something, thats all the effort put in. Like when I bought myself a gym ball and the video to go with it I felt that was the start of my weight loss and felt better about my self for a couple of days. Of course, the ball stayed in the spare room and the DVD never got out of the packaging and ended up in the car boot sale.

No short cuts sorry. Eat less and exercise. Its boring but there is no real alternative.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:19 am
Wjuicypeach

Thanks again everyone for the good advice. I was going to try the lighterlife plan just to give me the boost and the high from the fast weight loss, then I thought I could start WW which is less severe. I am not very overweight, and as I am tall, I carry it well. I just would like to get fit to make me feel better about wearing a bikini in Oz Then I could trade the hubby in for a big, hunky lifegaurd..........
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by claire-n-tel
Hi Juicy peach!

Yep, I did lighter life plan in aug to dec 2004. I lost 5+ stone going from a size 20 to a small size 8........BUT.......EVERYONE i know who has done this diet has put all or at least a lot of their weight back on within 6 months, i have put on around 3 1/2 stone.
Good luck Claire x
How do you think they keep the money rolling in Repeat customers