Lifestyle Drinks

Old May 29th 2010, 11:15 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lifestyle Drinks

Just while we're discussing drinks, is there such a thing as non-alcoholic beer, if so, what's it called? We were out for dinner the other week and I insisted on the OH driving, poor sod wasn't too chuffed when they said they could only give him ginger beer lol
Old May 30th 2010, 12:46 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Shocking behavior, prefer a nice cider myself
Did you try that pear cider in the UK Polly absolutely blimming gorgeous. I have checked it out at a few bottle shops in Oz but unfortunately it's not available here yet..........watch this space.......
Old May 30th 2010, 12:47 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just while we're discussing drinks, is there such a thing as non-alcoholic beer, if so, what's it called? We were out for dinner the other week and I insisted on the OH driving, poor sod wasn't too chuffed when they said they could only give him ginger beer lol
What about a middy of Shandy??
Old May 30th 2010, 12:49 am
ABCDiamond

Anything under 0.5% alcohol is alcohol free....
http://www.beerstore.com.au/detail.asp?beerID=387

Old May 30th 2010, 12:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Did you try that pear cider in the UK Polly absolutely blimming gorgeous. I have checked it out at a few bottle shops in Oz but unfortunately it's not available here yet..........watch this space.......
Saint Helier Pear Cider, $54.56 case of 12 x 500ml
Saint Helier Pear Cider 500ml (Case of 12) is one of over 3500+ liquors, wines, beers and RTDs we sell at WebCellars.com.au.

Old May 30th 2010, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I do love Liptons Lemon Tea, not because of the "lifestyle" thing, but I don't really drink Coke or any of that fizzy stuff, I'm sure the Lemon Tea has gone up in price over the past few years.........oh and I REALLY begrudge paying $2.00 in some places for a bottle of water!!!

I have never understood why water which is free costs more than carbonated drinks which are manufactured. I can remember when people only drank water from the tap if they felt like it and were hot and thirsty, then came the big push from "health experts" that said we need to drink at leat 8 glasses a day and that tap water is no good for you.......blah blah blah.
An afternoon G &T goes down well. Do these 24/7 people have a lifestyle when they are asleep?

Peole love their tea here. Households offer tea and present a box of about 20 varieties. They've bought those little boxes. It's like looking at the tea table in a hotel breakfast bar. In the UK a cuppa is a cuppa, and you might get offered Earl Grey.

Only cottoned on to this the other day.
Old May 30th 2010, 9:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I did try it, not bad, prefer the apple stuff though, I have to say. Went into the Liquour Superstore yesterday for a bottle of wine and they had just had a delivery of Bulmers.........credit card took a bit of a hammering and my kitchen is now full! I shall have to ration it
Old May 30th 2010, 10:04 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I did try it, not bad, prefer the apple stuff though, I have to say. Went into the Liquour Superstore yesterday for a bottle of wine and they had just had a delivery of Bulmers.........credit card took a bit of a hammering and my kitchen is now full! I shall have to ration it
You tried it I never had you pegged as a Babycham drinker
Old May 30th 2010, 10:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
You tried it I never had you pegged as a Babycham drinker
Many years ago I was...........Brandy and babycham, I think from memory - killer of a drink when I was about 16
Old May 30th 2010, 10:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Saint Helier Pear Cider, $54.56 case of 12 x 500ml
Thanks for that ABC, nice on a hot summers day when others are having a beer.
Old May 30th 2010, 10:53 am
Home Sweet Home

Many years ago I was...........Brandy and babycham, I think from memory - killer of a drink when I was about 16
Me too, we also drank Cherry B and Cider.......eeewww........
Old May 30th 2010, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

'Lifestyle' the most over used, meaningless term. Used to shame you into buying (or going into debt for) stuff you don't really need.
Old May 30th 2010, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

There are a couple of brands but it's like breathing oxygen free air - pointless!
Old May 30th 2010, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by salopian
'Lifestyle' the most over used, meaningless term. Used to shame you into buying (or going into debt for) stuff you don't really need.
It works though..... nearly as well as when someone thought of putting rinse and repeat on shampoo bottles.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
It works though..... nearly as well as when someone thought of putting rinse and repeat on shampoo bottles.
The power of marketing
Wonder what I've fallen for and bought that was due to marketing ploys? Have to have a think.
Have to agree though, "Lifestyle' is a meaningless term and seems to get slapped on ever increasing products and services here