A life for sale

Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:22 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold
Default A life for sale

Just read an article in the Daily Mail about an English bloke in Perth who is selling everything he owns, including his house (in Wellard, WA), on ebay with bids starting at $1 from June 22nd. For you new arrivals it may be worth checking out, it even includes his job and his mates contacts!! It seems like he wants to move on with his life big time! Not sure if I'm allowed to put links on but his website is www.alife4sale.com or check out todays Mail on line. Good luck to him and hope he finds some happiness again.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice
Default Re: A life for sale

Originally Posted by JRB
Just read an article in the Daily Mail about an English bloke in Perth who is selling everything he owns, including his house (in Wellard, WA), on ebay with bids starting at $1 from June 22nd. For you new arrivals it may be worth checking out, it even includes his job and his mates contacts!! It seems like he wants to move on with his life big time! Not sure if I'm allowed to put links on but his website is www.alife4sale.com or check out todays Mail on line. Good luck to him and hope he finds some happiness again.

Hi,

This was covered earlier on the following post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522341

Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:33 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
Hi,

This was covered earlier on the following post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522341

2 earlier posts
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:35 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
2 earlier posts
yeah , i didn't read it ... i knew 2 more would be along any minute
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:47 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRB
hope the guys gets sorted out tho , seems very .... odd
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:53 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Oops! didn't realise it had already been mentioned. Also just seen it on BBC news and it was the 2nd or 3rd article too!!! Wonder if he'll do well.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:53 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JRB
Oops! didn't realise it had already been mentioned. Also just seen it on BBC news and it was the 2nd or 3rd article too!!! Wonder if he'll do well.
should do.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:21 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

So did his wife just leave, what is the story, he said it is sad, so leaving is not sad, a terminal illness is sad? Did she have a terminal illness, if so, my condolences!

I find it strange this story, if it were not true i would laugh. You are born with a blank page next to your identity. You make your own story, i myself would not want his story so far? Do you get his wife back once he has gone?

I think he is on the make, like a fire sale, he will probably release a book on this story and make a shed load of money? What has this world come to!

Next you will see organs for sale on ebay, where next for him Hollywood, "how i sold my life"
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Oh well, for readers like me who came along late, this post was very timely!

I checked out his site - thanks for that.

Hmmm......It strikes me as a little too well organised and professional to be just purely about a guy down on his relationship luck, "auctioning his life" away. What other commercial agenda does he have? Maybe he gave a hint away when he said he was writing a book....I do wish people would just say it straight, and be up front about things. What does he think? That we're all a bunch of dumb mindless consumers living in a desperate house market in a capitalistic greed orientated society??...Awh, then again.....
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brendarover
So did his wife just leave, what is the story, he said it is sad, so leaving is not sad, a terminal illness is sad? Did she have a terminal illness, if so, my condolences!

I find it strange this story, if it were not true i would laugh. You are born with a blank page next to your identity. You make your own story, i myself would not want his story so far? Do you get his wife back once he has gone?

I think he is on the make, like a fire sale, he will probably release a book on this story and make a shed load of money? What has this world come to!

Next you will see organs for sale on ebay, where next for him Hollywood, "how i sold my life"
Good points. It's such a sales gimmick isn't it? (A good one though). What does he think, that by selling all his possessions, he's going to wake up in the morning and he's suddenly sold his memories of his wife and emotions too?? If that was the case we'd all be nomads at some point in our life. Unfortunately it only works up to a certain point. I'm sure he's not that dumb, er..sorry..they....seems like a team of people put this website together to me. Call me a skeptic!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:40 pm
Banned

brendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of lightbrendarover is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Call me a skeptic!
I would call you one, but i do not know any?

Yes, i agree, the world is changing, i would love to hear his wifes story?

He obviously likes his toys, his posessions, so many gadgets, i get the feeling he wants the dollar, but moreso he wants the story.

That story is pretty unique, so could be worth quite an amount of cash!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:54 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read the link from the initial thread and i wonder if this could be a scam? me being me is always wary of people selling things off quickly and at a knock down price. i mean, would there be any legal and financial complications of someone selling his way, and whats to say the house his his to sell, i didn't see any proof. Im just being skeptical of the whole thing, but it will be interesting to see what happens.