Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Leggings.... ladies thread or for men who also wear them :)

Wikiposts

Leggings.... ladies thread or for men who also wear them :)

Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leggings.... ladies thread or for men who also wear them :)

Originally Posted by northernbird
wonder if they actually looked at themselves before they left the house
I have that thought often, about a lot of the "fashions".

Leggings have a time and place and yes some people look great in them, others don't but likewise I have a personal hate of people who have jeans that "age" them! There are so many styles of jeans, suitable for all ages ... why do some 40 ish yo women wear the elasticated waist version, nearly under their armpits and look 20 yrs older than they should. And it's normally someone who is a size 12 etc so would like great in any range of other jeans!

Jeggings = leggings that have a demin/jean look

And to OP - I'd be interested to know the material of your dress/skirt as I'm thinking if it's polyester or similar perhaps it's getting static? I've not had a problem so far but my dress/tunics are usually cotton.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

If I wear a dress I wear leggings or footless tights underneath. Hate jeggings, kids don't even have any. When we lived in Dubai I made the girls wear leggings under their little skirts and short shorts if we went to the mall or something and they just are in the habit of it now.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:14 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

my misses has recently started wearing them and she looks great. They make her arse very slappable. And when she wears them with boots, well...
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Having worn them first time round i swore not to this time but I went back on it as they were fab during pregnancy - can i be forgiven for that fashion crime? They looked good with maternity tops and as Australia without doubt has the smallest choice of maternity clothes ever it was that or trakky dakkies for the entire 9 months.
I haven't dared venture back into them since the sprog has arrived though. Don't want to get asked when she is due....
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:34 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Having worn them first time round i swore not to this time but I went back on it as they were fab during pregnancy - can i be forgiven for that fashion crime? They looked good with maternity tops and as Australia without doubt has the smallest choice of maternity clothes ever it was that or trakky dakkies for the entire 9 months.
I haven't dared venture back into them since the sprog has arrived though. Don't want to get asked when she is due....
Yes they are great for pregnancies, I lived in them, although in Scotland you needed joggy bottoms over the leggins.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
what's a teddy bear roll???
Sit on the floor with legs apart at a 90degree angle. Roll onto your side, back and other side till you come up facing the other way.

Really not a view I wished to contemplate.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Sit on the floor with legs apart at a 90degree angle. Roll onto your side, back and other side till you come up facing the other way.

Really not a view I wished to contemplate.

Oh no I know what you mean now!!! That must have a been scary sight and something that would scar a young mind for ever....

And back to the subject in hand, my skirt was cotton but it still clung to my leggings like a second skin, I must generate a lot of static electricity or something.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jothefw
I have that thought often, about a lot of the "fashions".

Leggings have a time and place and yes some people look great in them, others don't but likewise I have a personal hate of people who have jeans that "age" them! There are so many styles of jeans, suitable for all ages ... why do some 40 ish yo women wear the elasticated waist version, nearly under their armpits and look 20 yrs older than they should. And it's normally someone who is a size 12 etc so would like great in any range of other jeans!

Jeggings = leggings that have a demin/jean look

And to OP - I'd be interested to know the material of your dress/skirt as I'm thinking if it's polyester or similar perhaps it's getting static? I've not had a problem so far but my dress/tunics are usually cotton.
One tip to stop clothes riding up is to smear your thighs with moisturiser before you put on the leggings. Apparently, this magically makes the static disappear
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:55 pm

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jammyjane
One tip to stop clothes riding up is to smear your thighs with moisturiser before you put on the leggings. Apparently, this magically makes the static disappear
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I have a little spray can of snti-static stuff, but bought it in the UK so don't know if it is available here. Works quite well.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:58 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
do you need help with your smearing SC?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
do you need help with your smearing SC?
I get enough, other ways.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I get enough, other ways.
oh well. you know who to call
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

I bought jeggings last year in the uk, i wear them with long tops and boots and look fine in them. Im 41 and i was worried about looking daft in them, but my freind who is very honest said they looked great on me and wished she could get away with wearing them and she is a good 10 years younger than me.
I think it all depends on what you put leggings/ jeggings with for it to work.
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.