Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Leggings.... ladies thread or for men who also wear them :)

Leggings.... ladies thread or for men who also wear them :)

Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Leggings.... ladies thread or for men who also wear them :)

Well figuring I wore them the first time around I thought you know what I will give leggings miss. However a few months of seeing the mums at school wearing them with their baggy tops and looking ok I thought I would give them a go as it would be a break from jeans in the winter.

However...... the first time I wore them under a skirt the skirt clung to them like a second glove and then when I was walking the skirt kind of worked it's way up my legs so then i was wearing black legging, ballet pumps and a skirt with a life of it's own hellbent on trying to escape my body entirely via my head and it's hard to look like a cool mum at school pick up when you are having a fight with your own clothes.

The second attempt I thought i would go for the baggy top but again the top seemed to take an instant dislike to the leggings and again I looked like the sad middle aged woman with the wardrobe disfunction.

So I give up, I see these women with the leggings and the skirts walking around with no worries, with the skirt or top behaving itself. I don't know, I think it's just me and my body telling me not to go there with the whole leggings thing.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leggings.... ladies thread or for men who also wear them :)

Originally Posted by macy
Well figuring I wore them the first time around I thought you know what I will give leggings miss. However a few months of seeing the mums at school wearing them with their baggy tops and looking ok I thought I would give them a go as it would be a break from jeans in the winter.

However...... the first time I wore them under a skirt the skirt clung to them like a second glove and then when I was walking the skirt kind of worked it's way up my legs so then i was wearing black legging, ballet pumps and a skirt with a life of it's own hellbent on trying to escape my body entirely via my head and it's hard to look like a cool mum at school pick up when you are having a fight with your own clothes.

The second attempt I thought i would go for the baggy top but again the top seemed to take an instant dislike to the leggings and again I looked like the sad middle aged woman with the wardrobe disfunction.

So I give up, I see these women with the leggings and the skirts walking around with no worries, with the skirt or top behaving itself. I don't know, I think it's just me and my body telling me not to go there with the whole leggings thing.

I wear footless leggings ( ballet style ) or thick chunky knit tights in winter but the key is, wear a LONG jumper. Just above Knee length, any shorter and you look like a tart Skirts maybe not unless you are 12

Was at a function other night, a 55 plus lady came in wearing studdded leggings, heels and a fanny pelmet length top OMG it wasnt flattering.

Thats another thing the footwear, heels and legging look tarty I always wear ballet flats or those flat suede ankle boots. Most people comment it looks good, however my really tall 14 year old did comment once I looked like an elf. LOL
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy

Trick is to wear a skirt with a silky lining so it slides on the leggings when you walk. I'm wearing a skirt with leggings today and haven't had any problems with the skirt riding up.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

leggings?

Hmm not let me see, two mamouth turkey thighs wobbling around in black lycra?

Nope, for the sake of humanity I dont
Old Jun 14th 2011, 9:44 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I shudder at the thought of myself wearing leggings - walrus just about describes it and even though my lady parts will be covered, underneath the long jumper I know that it is a case of my pissflaps having a fight side by side - battling against the lycra like two ferrets fighting in a sack.

Jeggings/leggings - nope, cannot do it to myself and to others.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't worn leggings since Uni days when I had to have them for drama, though I did buy a pair so that I could do exercises on the Wii in winter. They are still in the drawer.

Some things look ok on skinny youngsters, but I'm 50, and though approaching bag lady status, still draw the line at putting on the monstrous things to appear in public.

As for "jeggings".......shudder. Even my teen turns her nose up at that bogan fashion.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

I love my leggings. I use to have a few pairs of thick woolly tights but they don't work with uggs (I find uggs eat socks & tights) so leggings are great.

I wear them with skirts without any problems of them riding up. Either that or long tops/jumpers as I HAVE to have my bum well & truly covered. Hubby says he doesn't know what I'm worrying about as he says my bum looks fine (bless him) but I am aware that leggings aren't as thick as they were years ago (yep I'm 41 so have done the leggings thing before) & I'd be horrified at the thought of bending over & them stretching & going see through Not a good look!

Alison x
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

As for "jeggings".......shudder. Even my teen turns her nose up at that bogan fashion.
++++++++ 1
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:22 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Deffo not, as a fat forty something I can't imagine wearing them. I look at some over 40 larger ladies wearing them around the shops and wonder if they actually looked at themselves before they left the house
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Camel toe and abdominal apron city central

YEuch
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Camel toe and abdominal apron city central

YEuch
'Abdominal apron city central' - I have just choked on my Baileys.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
'Abdominal apron city central' - I have just choked on my Baileys.
++++1...... except mine is a cup of tea.

Reminds me of my PE teacher who was rather large and middle aged, and who wore see through underpants and a short skirt. I'll never forget the impression she gave us teens as she demonstrated a forward roll and a teddy bear roll, then told us off for not looking at her.

EEEEEEEEW.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
++++1...... except mine is a cup of tea.

Reminds me of my PE teacher who was rather large and middle aged, and who wore see through underpants and a short skirt. I'll never forget the impression she gave us teens as she demonstrated a forward roll and a teddy bear roll, then told us off for not looking at her.

EEEEEEEEW.
what's a teddy bear roll???
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I shudder at the thought of myself wearing leggings - walrus just about describes it and even though my lady parts will be covered, underneath the long jumper I know that it is a case of my pissflaps having a fight side by side - battling against the lycra like two ferrets fighting in a sack.

Jeggings/leggings - nope, cannot do it to myself and to others.
Slightly too much info with my morning coffee thank you
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:18 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I wear leggings (not sure what jeggings are though ). My hubby says my bum is fab in them, so I'm cool with that. I wouldn't dare team them up with a short t.shirt though always has to be long legging type tops or dresses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.