Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

At last we have a plan

At last we have a plan

Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default At last we have a plan

At long last we have a timetable and a plan for our move.

It has taken a long time due to complications with my wife taking early retirement from the Civil service.

We now plan to move to Brisbane in the middle of May.

My son is letting us have a house he owns in Toowong and he is refurbishing it at the moment.......apparantly the large garden is a breeding ground for triffids so it looks like we will have our work cut out

We will be returning to the UK at the end of june to attend some family events (including our youngest son's wedding).

We will then move back on a more permanent basis at the end of August.

I hope it runs smoothly but will soon find out.

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At last we have a plan

Finally!

Good luck with the move G. Hope the renovations are up to scratch, wouldn't like to have to complain to the owners
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

The way it was going I thought you may be getting in a box before a plane to Aus

Hope everything goes to plan G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Finally!

Good luck with the move G. Hope the renovations are up to scratch, wouldn't like to have to complain to the owners

I'll clip his ear and send him to bed with no supper

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Bix
The way it was going I thought you may be getting in a box before a plane to Aus

Hope everything goes to plan G
Thanks Bix......may even get to visit you whilst we are both still young enough to be mobile

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:34 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hope all goes well, good luck

Joex
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Thanks Bix......may even get to visit you whilst we are both still young enough to be mobile

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:22 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
At long last we have a timetable and a plan for our move.

It has taken a long time due to complications with my wife taking early retirement from the Civil service.

We now plan to move to Brisbane in the middle of May.

My son is letting us have a house he owns in Toowong and he is refurbishing it at the moment.......apparantly the large garden is a breeding ground for triffids so it looks like we will have our work cut out

We will be returning to the UK at the end of june to attend some family events (including our youngest son's wedding).

We will then move back on a more permanent basis at the end of August.

I hope it runs smoothly but will soon find out.

G
Just in time to cast a few flies at the Threadfin's , Bream & Trevalley G, Good timing
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by cresta57
Just in time to cast a few flies at the Threadfin's , Bream & Trevalley G, Good timing
I hope so

Apparently there are a large number of Threadfins in the Brisbane river nowadays.

Just need to sort myself out a boat

G