Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Last Trip Up North For a While

Last Trip Up North For a While

Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:19 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last Trip Up North For a While

We had a weekend away this weeken past to the Scottish Highlands. Was a little sad looking around at the spectacular scenery knowing it's going to be a long time til we see it again.

Here's one of the photos we took looking south from the "Rest and Be Thankful". Enjoy.....

Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:20 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Trip Up North For a While

And here's the view to old Castle Lachlan ....

Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:22 pm
Sunny Sydney

and a little bit of sun hitting Loch Long...

Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:23 pm
Sunny Sydney

a glorious sunny (not) Saturday looking out towards The Isle of Bute...

Last edited by herrchook; Jun 18th 2007 at 9:29 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

lovely pics Gill. Haven't been up that way in years - shame on me!

Ann
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:28 pm
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by BertieB
lovely pics Gill. Haven't been up that way in years - shame on me!

Ann
Oh Ann, it was great. A little sad though. Scotland REALLY is beautiful when you get away from the cities.....and when the sun is shining. How's things with you?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:32 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

the photos are beautiful

we used to sleep in the car in the car park at loch Lomond on our way to and from South Uist when we lived there

the scenery up there is just fantastic you will really miss it
Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Oh Ann, it was great. A little sad though. Scotland REALLY is beautiful when you get away from the cities.....and when the sun is shining. How's things with you?
know what you mean. We were in Crieff at the weekend and the scenery on the way was just........beautiful (even tho' it was cloudy and dreich). We're.......ok, thanks
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

We had a weekend away this weeken past to the Scottish Highlands. Was a little sad looking around at the spectacular scenery knowing it's going to be a long time til we see it again.

Here's one of the photos we took looking south from the "Rest and Be Thankful". Enjoy.....

http://byfiles.storage.msn.com/y1pFo...2khkGuWz07s3qA
Beautiful pics, my heart did a turn-over when I saw them and I felt quite homesick! We are in the Newcastle region of NSW and although it is quite beautiful around the Hunter most of the time, at the moment we have been declared a Natural Disaster area with widespread storms and flooding. Have never seen rain like that which we are experiencing just now - more storms threatened later today ... and I thought it rained a lot in Devon where we lived before emigrating here in Jan???
Old Jun 18th 2007, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry herrchook, love. Come up here. We can do better than that for you.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:53 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by iPom
Don't worry herrchook, love. Come up here. We can do better than that for you.
Excellent I reackon I'll be happy enough with the Dandenongs and the Blue Mountains for QUITE a while.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:54 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by asher
the photos are beautiful

we used to sleep in the car in the car park at loch Lomond on our way to and from South Uist when we lived there

the scenery up there is just fantastic you will really miss it
Yeah, but as a friend said....it ain't going anywhere, there's always holidays and memories
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:55 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent I reackon I'll be happy enough with the Dandenongs and the Blue Mountains for QUITE a while.
Just let me know when and we'll fire up the barbie.

(or if it's cold like now, it'll be hot pot.... )
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:55 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by BertieB
know what you mean. We were in Crieff at the weekend and the scenery on the way was just........beautiful (even tho' it was cloudy and dreich). We're.......ok, thanks
yes, Crieff's a great spot too
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:56 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by budababes
Beautiful pics, my heart did a turn-over when I saw them and I felt quite homesick! We are in the Newcastle region of NSW and although it is quite beautiful around the Hunter most of the time, at the moment we have been declared a Natural Disaster area with widespread storms and flooding. Have never seen rain like that which we are experiencing just now - more storms threatened later today ... and I thought it rained a lot in Devon where we lived before emigrating here in Jan???
OMG, I didn't realise it was so bad. Take care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.