Last say

Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last say

Originally Posted by curly
I really feel for you Jan, it must be so hard to try to carry on with your life normally. Is your son still staying in the house a lot?
Son NEVER leaves the house.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:20 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Well normally I am a bubbly person who takes life in her stride but I can honestly say that since New Year it's been all stress. I have had one illness after another (and I am never ever sick usually).

Unfortunately when I'm stressed I eat to settle the acid in my belly. I'm gaining weight and it's making me more stressed.

My kids want to go back to the UK and I am constantly fighting with OH who doesn't want to pay mortgage for 4 bedroomed house for just the 2 of us.....
Oh Jan, how awful. I don't see how you move forward from this, but there must be a way

Really Jan, you must try take some time out for yourself, you need a break, this is making you poorly.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

From time to time I explode and tell them all that they are being selfish but it doesn't make things any better.

I think back to the end of October when my eldest was coming over and everyone was settled......

I live in hope that my girls will leave their partners and come/stay in Oz and then my hubby and son will settle.

My OH keeps saying that he didn't come here to rip our family apart.

All I can do is hope that things work out as I have no control over anything.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Well normally I am a bubbly person who takes life in her stride but I can honestly say that since New Year it's been all stress. I have had one illness after another (and I am never ever sick usually).

Unfortunately when I'm stressed I eat to settle the acid in my belly. I'm gaining weight and it's making me more stressed.

My kids want to go back to the UK and I am constantly fighting with OH who doesn't want to pay mortgage for 4 bedroomed house for just the 2 of us.....
Son NEVER leaves the house.
From time to time I explode and tell them all that they are being selfish but it doesn't make things any better.

I think back to the end of October when my eldest was coming over and everyone was settled......

I live in hope that my girls will leave their partners and come/stay in Oz and then my hubby and son will settle.

OMG no wonder you explode, am amazed you manage to get to work every day. How is your son when you lose your temper with him? when you tell him to get up and do something? I feel so sorry for you, you had all these dreams and it's all being ruined.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:31 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think you'll end up returning Jan?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I still have hopes and dreams.

I also have a big mortgage so need to get up and go to work every day.

OH and son not working and the bills still need paying. That is when I explode.

Australia was our dream - but dreams only come true if you are willing to work for them. They no longer want the dream and have no incentive to work. I said that even if they want to go back to UK mortgage will need to be paid 'til house sells and they need to work.

I've tried explaining that if I did what they were doing our house would be repossessed and we wouldn't be able to afford flights back to UK.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:38 am

Australia was our dream - but dreams only come true if you are willing to work for them. They no longer want the dream and have no incentive to work. I said that even if they want to go back to UK mortgage will need to be paid 'til house sells and they need to work.

I've tried explaining that if I did what they were doing our house would be repossessed and we wouldn't be able to afford flights back to UK.
Jan, can your husband not get work? You must be going out of your mind all this pressure on you
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Has he worked at all while you've been there?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

He was working when we first came over - before I was. He worked for his cousin's hubby (a mad Croatian).

I told him to leave the job though as it was too stressful (try not to laugh now). He decided to go self employed and give our son a start. I thought this was a great idea as he was self employed for 20 years in the UK and was very well liked by his customers. He is a good worker and does a great job for a very fair price. (He is a slater and tiler - roofer).

He advertised locally and found that the locals he got work from all wanted work done for nothing. He's lost heart.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He was working when we first came over - before I was. He worked for his cousin's hubby (a mad Croatian).

I told him to leave the job though as it was too stressful (try not to laugh now). He decided to go self employed and give our son a start. I thought this was a great idea as he was self employed for 20 years in the UK and was very well liked by his customers. He is a good worker and does a great job for a very fair price. (He is a slater and tiler - roofer).

He advertised locally and found that the locals he got work from all wanted work done for nothing. He's lost heart.
Is he trying to get back to working for someone else now?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I think he's depressed about the kids not wanting to be here.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:51 am

I think he's depressed about the kids not wanting to be here.
He needs to get back to work doesn't he Jan, for someone else maybe, give him a bit of spirit back
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

It would be good as when they are at home they run the aircon. My electric bill was $500
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It would be good as when they are at home they run the aircon. My electric bill was $500
tell them unless they get up and get jobs, you will give up yours, tell them that'll mean no food let alone aircon!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:55 am

Jesus!

Oh Jan, get the job paper for him! Circle the ads, put the phone to his ear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.