Lap Band Surgery

Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:41 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lap Band Surgery

Originally Posted by northernbird
Nobody has noticed yet so I can't be doing that great. 12kg is great start but still a drop in the ocean compared to what I have to lose. Paul keeps telling me it is a marathon, not a sprint.
Instead of buying new clothes as you go down a few sizes get some of your old ones (that you like) altered to take into account your changing size. This is much cheaper than buying new clothes and then when you reach your goal weight you can go out and buy a whole new wardrobe which will be one that fits properly and co-ordinated so you don't need as much.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flo&mags
All the best Sunshine on the surgery - dont forget to let us know how u get one.
X
Hi,

Just a quick update. I am going in for surgery in 2 weeks (can't wait). I am now on a pre op diet of oprifast and over the last week I have lost 7 Kilo's can't believe it. I have another 2 weeks of this before the op but I m not finding it hard.

Will let you know how I get o after I have had the surgery done.

Sunshine23
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody has noticed yet so I can't be doing that great. 12kg is great start but still a drop in the ocean compared to what I have to lose. Paul keeps telling me it is a marathon, not a sprint.
Hey,

How are you going. Now that your band has settle down are you finding it ok. How did you cope over Xmas.

Happy new year by the way.

Sunshine23
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I so hated the optifast diet first... only had to do it for 2 weeks here though and was allowed salad and veggies too.

Jo
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OK silly question time from someone who has no idea of this type of thing....... why do you need to go on a diet prior to the surgery? If this diet enables you to lose weight, why do you then need the surgery? Probably obvious but it's as clear as mud to me
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK silly question time from someone who has no idea of this type of thing....... why do you need to go on a diet prior to the surgery? If this diet enables you to lose weight, why do you then need the surgery? Probably obvious but it's as clear as mud to me
I was wondering that too! I guess it's so your stomach is totally empty of any food before the op? But don't know really.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

It helps shrink your liver so that your insides are easier to access.

I am 15kg down now. Am due back at doctors in a week and anticipate having more fluid put in the band as I am able to eat and drink anything and I reckon I am eating a bit too much. Christmas was easier than I expected and nobody noticed I wasn't eating and drinking as much as usual.

Hope the op goes well Sunshine, you will be just fine.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh err missus Wouldn't have come up with that reason in a month of sundays

Glad you're doing so well. Keep up the good work. If you can get through christmas, normal daily life should be a relative breeze unless you come up against some sort of wall.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:19 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

It helps shrink your liver so that your insides are easier to access.
I wonder what that says about using the product regularly for weight loss! Shrinking your liver doesn't sound like a good thing
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:14 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I am 15kg down now.

have been avidly reading this post and wanted to add my congrats to you NB for your efforts and all the others in the process. You said you had lost 15kgs and no one had noticed-dont be put off by that you just need to do the 'bags of sugar test' just to show yourself how well you are doing -go to coles or woolies, grab a basket and fill with 15 bags of sugar-its amazing how much that weight is - you have done brilliantly and the only way is up, keep going! - I'd give anything to lose 15kgs right now
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
I am 15kg down now.

have been avidly reading this post and wanted to add my congrats to you NB for your efforts and all the others in the process. You said you had lost 15kgs and no one had noticed-dont be put off by that you just need to do the 'bags of sugar test' just to show yourself how well you are doing -go to coles or woolies, grab a basket and fill with 15 bags of sugar-its amazing how much that weight is - you have done brilliantly and the only way is up, keep going! - I'd give anything to lose 15kgs right now
I don't think she meant that nobody's noticed her being down 15kg. I think it was nobody noticed that she was eating or drinking less over the holidays.

I saw Northernbird shortly after she had the op and could see how great she looked then. I imagine after 15 kg she looks fantastic!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Carole did say earlier she didn't think anyone had noticed the 12kg loss but I think if you're wearing the same clothes and people are seeing you all the time, you don't notice this stuff. I guess it depends where it's going from as well, if the face, for example is the last bit to 'thin up' lots of people won't see it. I put 2 stone on when I was on steroids years ago - no one but me noticed it but I felt like a blimp. Came off the steroids because I wanted to get pregnant and the weight fell off immediately - still no one noticed
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You guys sound like you are doing so well! I ventured to suggest to my DH that I was thinking about it and he wasnt impressed - he is a weirdo paleo eater and thinks that will change the world so I have agreed to give it a go for a while and see if his theories actually amount to anything. He cited a girl who lost 56 pounds in about 3 months just by changing the way she ate (paleo is often also called the Stone Age diet) - yeah right! So now on a diet of leanish organic meats (not the grainfed ones because they have the "couch potato" hormones) salads, fish, occasional fruit, low carb vegies etc. Started on Wed and have been exercising as well - walking mainly and the first gym visit and swim yesterday. Personally I think he is nuts but he is convinced and I must say that at age 60 he has a body that most 30 year old men would kill for whereas me at 60 - no 80 year olds would be clamouring for mine
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:26 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Hi,

Just a quick update. I am going in for surgery in 2 weeks (can't wait). I am now on a pre op diet of oprifast and over the last week I have lost 7 Kilo's can't believe it. I have another 2 weeks of this before the op but I m not finding it hard.
Will let you know how I get o after I have had the surgery done.
Sunshine23
Will be thinking of you G, you have wanted this for a long time.
It's great that you have lost 7kg, just imagine how you will feel when you loose the rest that you want to go.
I can see you running up and down the beach in that bikini in no time!!!
J x
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Plus any additional weight you lose prior to surgery reduces your anesthetic risk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.