Lap Band Surgery

Old Feb 6th 2010, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lap Band Surgery

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's great with the clothes thing though eh? I've been sewing all my own clothes lately. Not only clothes, but shoes fit now!!! I've always had wide feet, but I can actually buy shoes now my feet aren't as fat.
Thats my biggest thing too, I can try on everything now, thongs used to be a problem too.

Also Dorothy surely its your choice how much you lose, not the surgeons. If you reach a weight that suits you an you are are happy.

Jo
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
Thats my biggest thing too, I can try on everything now, thongs used to be a problem too.

Also Dorothy surely its your choice how much you lose, not the surgeons. If you reach a weight that suits you an you are are happy.

Jo
Yeah, it is my choice but my surgeon is fairly conservative. I don't know if it's just with me or with everyone. He thinks it's better if I lose the weight more gradually rather than all at once. I think he's right in a way since it's more realistic for me to eat larger (for us) portions and lose only a couple of kg per month rather than eat too little and lose a couple of kg per week. I was just really hoping to be down another 15 or 16 kg before I go away end of June. That would leave me with only 5 more to go before goal, so I could buy nice clothes in London and Toronto. Oh well, guess I better get back to the treadmill.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Just though i would update my progress. I had my surgery on the 7th of August and at the time my weight was 97kg with a bmi of 39, now im 67.6kg and my bmi is around 26. Ive worked really hard at following the rules and i go to the gym 4x a week.
Looking back at photos of me from before the op and how i look now is unbelivable. My thyroid is much better controlled and i feel fantastic.I know i could never have lost this weight with out the band in. I had my 2nd fill 3 weeks ago as over Christmas i had not had any weight loss and had felt more hungry. But i feel confident in not needing another fill for some time.
My target is to get to 60kg and i feel by April i should reach it.
I recently went out and bought size 14 clothes and almost did cartwheels. Ive bagged up my size 20 clothes ready to give to the charity shop.
How is every one else doing?
Mandy
That's brilliant Mandy, well done. That's a massive amount, your husband must wonder where the spare area in the bed's come from Keep up the good work guys
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:36 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That's brilliant Mandy, well done. That's a massive amount, your husband must wonder where the spare area in the bed's come from Keep up the good work guys
everyones done so well,,,,my op is booked for 11th march, 4 week to go
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
everyones done so well,,,,my op is booked for 11th march, 4 week to go
Good luck Dawn for the surgery.
How is everyone else doing with their progress.
I had a few problems a few weeks after my 2nd fill when i tried eating more solid food after the correct time. I ended up vomitting quite a lot but my surgeon just told me to go back to a softer diet for a few more days and try again. This went on for the most of febuary. Is that normal? Now a couple of months down the line im finally eating proper solid food again.
Im seeing my surgeon again in May before i get ready for the flight to oz to get all my notes etc to hand on to another clinic.
Mandy
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is quite normal to have issues like this, once you have vomited your stomach can sometimes inflame/swell causing the band to be a little bit more restircted than would be normal, if you vomit again the cycle starts, so going back to the soft food for a few days would allow your stomach swelling to go down and relieve the tightness. I am not normal (in lots of ways) so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Me I have maintained my weight now for about a year so I am a happy vegemite. I have found 2.6ml in my band is my limit and although I could do with losing another stone or 2 I am happier now than I have been in years. I am off to UK at the end of the month and going to relish the fact that I will be able to 1. Fit comfortably in seat and 2. be able to curl up into it too.

Good luck to all.

Jo
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:03 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joho
I think it is quite normal to have issues like this, once you have vomited your stomach can sometimes inflame/swell causing the band to be a little bit more restircted than would be normal, if you vomit again the cycle starts, so going back to the soft food for a few days would allow your stomach swelling to go down and relieve the tightness. I am not normal (in lots of ways) so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Me I have maintained my weight now for about a year so I am a happy vegemite. I have found 2.6ml in my band is my limit and although I could do with losing another stone or 2 I am happier now than I have been in years. I am off to UK at the end of the month and going to relish the fact that I will be able to 1. Fit comfortably in seat and 2. be able to curl up into it too.

Good luck to all.

Jo
oh hope i do as well as you guys have, 6 days and counting are the first couple of weeks the hardest? and can you tell me what measureing plate & glass you bought???

Thanks everyone x
Old Jul 21st 2010, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
oh hope i do as well as you guys have, 6 days and counting are the first couple of weeks the hardest? and can you tell me what measureing plate & glass you bought???

Thanks everyone x
How has things been Dawn?
I use a small plate (tea plate) for all my meals and a normal cup and glass. Although at first i could only manage to drink 1/2 a cup of tea or coffee at a time.

How is everyone else doing?
Since arriving in Darwin ive lost more weight, and my husband now thinks iv lost too much, im now down to 58.7 and am trying to take on more protein as im starting to lose muscle tone on my arms and thighs. The kids think i have a lot of wobbly skin now on my bum and thighs, so could do with some advice on how to work on those areas
Mandy
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently someone lost a shitload of weight by being hypnotised into believing they had a lap band.

Whether it's true or not...
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Apparently someone lost a shitload of weight by being hypnotised into believing they had a lap band.

Whether it's true or not...
I read that too (on the Daily Mail website, to my shame). Would be good if it worked!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:19 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
How has things been Dawn?
I use a small plate (tea plate) for all my meals and a normal cup and glass. Although at first i could only manage to drink 1/2 a cup of tea or coffee at a time.

How is everyone else doing?
Since arriving in Darwin ive lost more weight, and my husband now thinks iv lost too much, im now down to 58.7 and am trying to take on more protein as im starting to lose muscle tone on my arms and thighs. The kids think i have a lot of wobbly skin now on my bum and thighs, so could do with some advice on how to work on those areas
Mandy
All that stretched skin takes a year or two to re-tone back up, esp after rapid weight loss (some never does if the structure of the skin has broken down too much - hence people have skin removal ops) Exercise, eat well and you'll find you'll get there after a while. Give it a year and re-assess.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
All that stretched skin takes a year or two to re-tone back up, esp after rapid weight loss (some never does if the structure of the skin has broken down too much - hence people have skin removal ops) Exercise, eat well and you'll find you'll get there after a while. Give it a year and re-assess.
Thanks, i shall keep doing what im doing and hope by next year to have toned up a bit more and see what im like then.
Mandy