Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies - do you like shoes? Or not?

Ladies - do you like shoes? Or not?

Old Aug 8th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ladies - do you like shoes? Or not?

I've always loved shoes,and I'm convinced it was because my Mum constantly told told me that I loved shoes from the minute I could walk.

I would find her highest heels in the wardrobe and totter around on them. So, I was 'labelled' a shoe lover and have subsequently bought as many as I can

But, I think this compulsion/fetish/passion could have been avoided if I wasn't stereotyped so early on. I say this because my eldest son went through a similar stage when he was under 2, and my middle son has followed suit

So, if you like shoes, why do you think it is? If you don't like shoes, this thread isn't for you

I've been having a huge clear out of my shoes and am making some good money on Ebay. Anyone like Gucci or Manolo's?
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:02 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies - do you like shoes? Or not?

I love shoes but don't have many and don't have any posh ones either. I still love to admire from afar

You know why I think we love shoes? Because no matter what size or shape we are, no matter how much weight we put on or lose, we can always find beautiful shoes to fit
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
I love shoes but don't have many and don't have any posh ones either. I still love to admire from afar

You know why I think we love shoes? Because no matter what size or shape we are, no matter how much weight we put on or lose, we can always find beautiful shoes to fit
I like that theory!!! Mind you I'm sure my feet have gone up from a UK5 by just a tad since the three children. My balance also seems a bit wonky
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a shoe person which is prob why i am heading to WA so i can skip the shoe shops and walk around bare footed
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
I like that theory!!! Mind you I'm sure my feet have gone up from a UK5 by just a tad since the three children. My balance also seems a bit wonky
I like shoes... and boots...

I also like hats...
But why do I like shoes? Because they're great! I love fabulous heels... I have a pair of black very high heeled shoes, which have black ribbon going around the ankle... oh they are sooooo good. They're my current favourites.

I like wearing heels mainly... I would collect shoes and stroke each one lovingly if I could, every night... but I'm usually too busy.

I love their shape, their colour, their drama... Good shoes complete an outfit. I love them.

I once went out with a foot fetishist years back and I thought he was a bit odd. Now I would be happy with that I think.

There, I've said it. I have confessed.

Mmmmmmmm, shoes...

Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom
I like shoes... and boots...

I also like hats...
But why do I like shoes? Because they're great! I love fabulous heels... I have a pair of black very high heeled shoes, which have black ribbon going around the ankle... oh they are sooooo good. They're my current favourites.

I like wearing heels mainly... I would collect shoes and stroke each one lovingly if I could, every night... but I'm usually too busy.

I love their shape, their colour, their drama... Good shoes complete an outfit. I love them.

I once went out with a foot fetishist years back and I thought he was a bit odd. Now I would be happy with that I think.

Mmmmmmmm, shoes...

http://www.justinbrothers.com/Images/drooling_homer.gif
Ohhhh yes - I adore shoes and have a cracking collection - although dont have quite the money to spend now I have 3 rug rats! My faves are the jimmy's I got for my wedding reception - beautiful!

Have to say my obsessions are turning to handbags now doh!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have at least one pair of shoes for each outfit but that was back in the days when I earned shedloads and had little outgoings. Now I'm not bothered. Now I get excited if I buy a new pair of thongs
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

I rarely indulge these days... 3 children.

Once I am working, hopefully very soon, I plan to expand my collection (of shoes, not children)

New thongs are nice. Anything to put on feet is nice, imo. Even socks.

Whatsisface, Freud... He had a theory about shoes....

You should look it up on the internerd if you don't know it.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=iPom;5167176]I like shoes... and boots...

I also like hats...

Mmmmmmmm, shoes...

You have echoed my thoughts exactly, I was too to admit it, but I'm the same. I sat and smelled some leather Manolo's for a good 5 minutes I just lurve high heels, especially spiky heels. Can't say I wear them much, but perhaps I should give them an outing to Coles and on the Day-care run. Might raise a few eyebrows
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:55 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

You're all mad. I just don't get the whole shoe obsession thing. They're like pants - you have to wear them (most of the time!).

I own 6 or 7 pairs. A pair of black boots, a pair of black work shoes, trainers for running in, trainers for general wear, some heels I bought for this year's weddings I have to go to (I had to take them to work to practice wearing them - I'm rubbish at walking in heels and have a tendency to walk like Tina Turner in them). And some thongs. I love wearing thongs.

But that's it. I don't know how you can get excited about them! I have a friend who came back from shopping at the sales the other day, have bought a 'bargain' pair of sandals. There's not much to them, they're just sandals. They were £85 in the sale!! Apparently that was half price.... clearly the woman is mad.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

eviep will become famous soon enough

i have always loved shoes, though not had the money to indulge until i lived in Egypt

WOW!!! do they know how to do shoes there!! all sorts of colours, heels and absolute heaven matching handbags!! i went there with a very modest collection of shoes and handbags and have moved away with 2 - yes 2 - cupboards built especially for shoes. I have mules and shoes and sandals in different colours some decorated with beads and sequins and stones, heels ranging from flatish squares to high stilletos - my other half think that they are all fabulous and bliss!! he indulges me as he loves the shape of my legs in heels!!

my latest aquisitions have been worn just the once but do they make me feel special or what!!..

i agree with a number of the other comments - it doesnt matter which country you are in the world, you can always by shoes or a handbag no matter what dress size you wear, and they really complete an outfit.

i find myself checking out everyones feet and assessing whether or not the shoes match the outfit or if one of my pairs would do it better,

so Ladies, if you ever ever get the chance to visit Cairo go to City Stars Shopping Mall in Heliopolis - it is shoe heaven!!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:32 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh I love shoes - anything form a nice pair of high heels to a pair of sandals
Think you're right though Clippies, even if we put on weight and our nicest clothers don't fit, the shoes still will
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:35 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask a question lay-dees.
Did you all have a lot of shoes when you were younger, or did you have to 'make do?'. If you had to make do - has this led you to not have a shoe likedge? or the opposite. I thank you.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by C&R
Can I ask a question lay-dees.
Did you all have a lot of shoes when you were younger, or did you have to 'make do?'. If you had to make do - has this led you to not have a shoe likedge? or the opposite. I thank you.
We were proverbialy poor as church mice growing up.

I was bought really sensible shoes... which I thank my mother for as I have no foot problems and always buy shoes that fit me even now... but I do like shoes... and boots... Different boots are fabulous... I just bought some knee length brown leather flat boots, but I do think I need a pair of ****-me boots... essential imo.

I'm with your theory C+R... much better than Freud.

BTW, interesting avatar.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:51 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

One of my earliest memories is aged 4 trying to leg it down a busy London high street clutching one enormous stiletto & being chased by mum and a shoe shop assistant..ah happy days. Another is aged 7 purposefully scuffing my sensible clarks sandals along the pavement of same street whilst having a tantrum because mum hadn't bought me a pair of red ballet pumps I'd had my eye on. So yes I do love shoes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.