Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Wikiposts

Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Originally Posted by esperanza
Why thank you! All those maybe-naughty words just for me!
So does that mean if I've had a g-string bikini wax then I've actually had a brazilian already?! Perhaps I am braver than I thought!
when i had a high leg wax done in the uk i said as much off as poss but as it was another £15 to a brazilian i said i would just have a high leg one

after it as finished i asked what the dif was between the 2 the bt stated "you came as close to bw as you can"

there was not much left when she was finished
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:48 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

This thread is interesting. I am a Beauty therepist but I haven't worked since I got here 4 months ago. I have waxed a fair few "Lady Gardens" in my time so attempted to do my own as I have been told I am very gentle and have good technique. I got everything ready and applied my first lot of wax and stripped it off, well that wasn't so bad so I went a bit further down bearing in mind when I wax someone they all help with the stretching of the skin but being on my own I only had one spare hand to stretch and holy mother of god it was so painful and it bruised straight away, I swore so loud that my hubby in the other room who new what I was doing was pissing him self laughing (going to give him a back sack and crack see how he likes it). Never again will I do my own bikini waxing. I hate shaving it and cream just makes it feel weird so I am looking for a good place to get a good brazillian as I am fed up of shaving.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
This thread is interesting. I am a Beauty therepist but I haven't worked since I got here 4 months ago. I have waxed a fair few "Lady Gardens" in my time so attempted to do my own as I have been told I am very gentle and have good technique. I got everything ready and applied my first lot of wax and stripped it off, well that wasn't so bad so I went a bit further down bearing in mind when I wax someone they all help with the stretching of the skin but being on my own I only had one spare hand to stretch and holy mother of god it was so painful and it bruised straight away, I swore so loud that my hubby in the other room who new what I was doing was pissing him self laughing (going to give him a back sack and crack see how he likes it). Never again will I do my own bikini waxing. I hate shaving it and cream just makes it feel weird so I am looking for a good place to get a good brazillian as I am fed up of shaving.

I'll watch that one!!! bottle of jimmy beam later! You can do my 'hairy mary' next time lisa - gulp!!!

S-j x
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:18 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
I'll watch that one!!! bottle of jimmy beam later! You can do my 'hairy mary' next time lisa - gulp!!!

S-j x
It would be a pleasure babe opps that didn't sound right
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
It would be a pleasure babe opps that didn't sound right
Defo not for me hon!!! Dont know if i could trust anyone else with Fluffy, apart from you, as she's quite a delicate little thing! Now how's that for friendship?

Not sure about my mate Annie though, she could quite easily do me a pap smear, being the best pap smear nurse on the Sunshine Coast, trust her but just not the same though is it!

S-j x
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

NEWSFLASH!

Without alcohol, i treated myself & fluffy to its first DIY brazilian.......

..... Got as far as the front then ran out of wax!!!!!!!! 400g pot!!!!!!!

Now you all look worried.............. i did wax my legs first! As for pain, was no where near as bad as i thought it would be...

s-j x
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

ah bless it was our wedding anniversary yesterday and guess what he brought me?

a microwave...

not so that I can warm up my baked beans....

but so I can DIY wax a again

i think i'll find my tweezers and play he loves me he loves me not with his sodding chest hair:curse:
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:45 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thing a couple of people have mentioned - booze. I don't think it's recommended as, from what I was told, it brings the blood vessels to the surface and makes it more painful rather than numbing the pain.

Happy to be corrected by all the nurses.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

NAHHHH, the booze isnt to numb the pain, it's so you have the courage to do it! S-j x
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eddie007
ah bless it was our wedding anniversary yesterday and guess what he brought me?

a microwave...

not so that I can warm up my baked beans....

but so I can DIY wax a again

i think i'll find my tweezers and play he loves me he loves me not with his sodding chest hair:curse:
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
NAHHHH, the booze isnt to numb the pain, it's so you have the courage to do it! S-j x
Too right!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:00 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I've no problem letting somebody else torture me but I can't do it myself.

(I've been having acupuncture for a few weeks now. Compared to that, bikini waxing is a pleasure.)
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:27 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

I really want lasering, under the armpits...not bothered about shaving elsewhere, just find thta particularly in the summer, hair under my arms just grows like crazy!
Waiting to see if my friend goes back to being a laser person so she can sort me out, keep telling her!
Ems x
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

burtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant futureburtreynoldsisonit has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Oh Please, please tell me, how can I avoid waxing in future - i've just come back from the waxing joint, where they torture you for 20 mins and then charge you!!!!

I don't mind shaving - but NOT my fantouche - its just too itchy!!!!!

So if there is something better than waxing and shaving - please let me know !

Cheers

Nx

What's a fantouche?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burtreynoldsisonit
What's a fantouche?
At a guess I would say lady garden, fluffy, or one of the other polite names used here for a clacker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.