Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Wikiposts

Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Originally Posted by Seasider
In the UK I always had my legs and bikini line waxed but, when I moved to Asia, I couldn't bear to let the leg hairs grow long enough for waxing, having bare legs all the time.

I bought an epilator but soon decided I can't torture myself (much prefer to let somebody else do it) so I reluctantly shave.

I've looked into IPL for certain areas but they all say here that their lasers are not designed for fair skin and to get it done when I "go home". Can't seem to get through that this is home.

If we move to Sydney, I'll be looking into it again. For me, it really is the only alternative to waxing.
OMG! I was sure you were a bloke Sorry!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:40 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why don't we all have little male or female symbols next to our names?

It certainly could help all the confusion. I've been surprised a couple times the last few days. Maybe I should start a "are you a male or female" thread. Actually... I think I will go and do that right now!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Why don't we all have little male or female symbols next to our names?

It certainly could help all the confusion. I've been surprised a couple times the last few days. Maybe I should start a "are you a male or female" thread. Actually... I think I will go and do that right now!
Just had a look and see she has one. Never noticed it before
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:45 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

On the topic of hair removal....

I generally use the Veet cream because I hate shaving. When I followed the instructions it didn't work very well. But I've learned that if I leave it on for a lot longer then it works great!! Whether or not it's a good thing to do that I don't know. But I absolutely hate shaving. I don't use the cream all that often either unless I'll be out wearing shorts.

That's the one good thing about Canada.... you could not shave for like 6 months and no one would notice! Except you and your husband of course Not that I ever did that but in theory, it's quite possible
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future

Oh the problems of being female!........

Jo (hairy female!)

BTW, for you darker ladies out there, do you find that the sun bleaches any downy hair you have on your face?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

i don't know why you are all complaining about your small hair issues , this is me before a wax!!!
i take after my dad more than i care to admit !!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:55 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just marry a German, he won't know any better?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:57 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I may be a bit butch-looking (just looking) but I promise I'm not.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:59 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I must point this out to a friend of mine who is registered on here. She's also on the forum I run and for months she flirted (harmlessly) with another member, not knowing it was a woman.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Oh Please, please tell me, how can I avoid waxing in future - i've just come back from the waxing joint, where they torture you for 20 mins and then charge you!!!!

I don't mind shaving - but NOT my fantouche - its just too itchy!!!!!

So if there is something better than waxing and shaving - please let me know !

Cheers

Nx

I use Veet in shower cream but do shave too!! If you use conditioner it contains lanolin and is the best shaving product and you have to shave every day to avoid the itch!!

This reminds me - my son came out with a corker the other day! My friend had her hands down her trousers and he said " Mum she had an itch in her ditch and had to scratch it!!" I was drinking squash at the time and nearly choked I laughed with tears for about 10 mins!!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sundropstar
Oh the problems of being female!........

Jo (hairy female!)

BTW, for you darker ladies out there, do you find that the sun bleaches any downy hair you have on your face?
Yep, does for me, notice in the summer.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:52 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Pour petrol over the offending hairs and throw a match on them.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:11 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
Why don't men have to go though painful rituals (that they PAY for) in order to look 'good'???
A, I'd die if I tried, with my growth (Not on the back, ok?) and B, we look good anyway LOL
NJ
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:12 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Pour petrol over the offending hairs and throw a match on them.
PMSL Ether ignites better
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Slight change of subject but am loving the ever so polite names that we give to our bits. "Lady garden" !!!! Priceless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.