Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Wikiposts

Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:50 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

Oh Please, please tell me, how can I avoid waxing in future - i've just come back from the waxing joint, where they torture you for 20 mins and then charge you!!!!

I don't mind shaving - but NOT my fantouche - its just too itchy!!!!!

So if there is something better than waxing and shaving - please let me know !

Cheers

Nx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:56 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

I know it is a horrible feeling getting waxed my friend is a beautician back in ireland and she said if ur goin 4 a wax take a painkiller and half an hour b4 u go it helps also invest in aloe vera it cools in down so much and u can use it as often as u like , I have used different hair removing creams and they r useless . so try what said and c if that works 4 u
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice
Default Re: Ladies, an alternative to the dreaded wax?

i am a d.i.y waxer and before i wax i have pain killers and a bottle of wine , always feel very sore and over waxed () the next morning when i peel my sticky self out of bed !!!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

The pain is worth it....you can't beat the effect of a good waxing!
Especially the bikini line area - although I couldn't have it all waxed off ouch
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I get waxed and don't find the pain too bad. I've been told to take a paracetemol or something similar beforehand but I find that I don't need to. I used to shave but find that it grows back too quickly. I have heard that sugaring is pretty good but I have never tried it.

If I could afford it I'd like to have permanant laser removal.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future

I prefer epillating. It really does hurt at first, a bit like slow painful waxing, but if you get a good epilator and have a bottle of wine the first time you soon get used to it.

You also don't have to wait for the dreaded re-growth as you can whip off the little hairs pretty much as soon as they come through.

You have to exfoliate regularly though to avoid ingrown hairs.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:53 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sundropstar
I prefer epillating. It really does hurt at first, a bit like slow painful waxing, but if you get a good epilator and have a bottle of wine the first time you soon get used to it.

You also don't have to wait for the dreaded re-growth as you can whip off the little hairs pretty much as soon as they come through.

You have to exfoliate regularly though to avoid ingrown hairs.
OMG! I tried this! - It was like taking an electric sander to my legs - got a relly bad friction burn and was in agony for days afterwards - you're a braver woman than me!

Nx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

sundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant futuresundropstar has a brilliant future

LOL They say a job is only as good as the tools you use.

I use a Braun Silk-Epil SoftPerfection, found an old Phillips one I had stopped using years ago and tried it-it brought tears to my eyes!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:10 am
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by sundropstar
LOL They say a job is only as good as the tools you use.

I use a Braun Silk-Epil SoftPerfection, found an old Phillips one I had stopped using years ago and tried it-it brought tears to my eyes!!
lol, still too chicken to try it again! waxing is heaven compared to that experience!

Nx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Well, after vowing that I wouldn't wax again I have allowed enough manky regrowth to be able to do it this weekend. OH helped with my lower arms and fair do, he did a good job.

Was getting sick of shaving, I am a hairy lass regardless but have found that the small amount I waxed on my legs stayed smooth (like immediately after you shave) for TWO WEEKS!!!!

Am tempted to go to a professional...what can you expect to pay for two fulll legs and the bikini line?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:25 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Oh Please, please tell me, how can I avoid waxing in future - i've just come back from the waxing joint, where they torture you for 20 mins and then charge you!!!!

I don't mind shaving - but NOT my fantouche - its just too itchy!!!!!

So if there is something better than waxing and shaving - please let me know !

Cheers

Nx
My other half is currently in the process of having her underarms and bikini line 'lasered'! Negating the need to ever weald a razor or waxing strip again!!!
Surprisingly inexpensive and after just one session, making a big difference! I shall ask her for the URL when she arises from her slumber
Old Jan 31st 2008, 6:57 am
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Well, after vowing that I wouldn't wax again I have allowed enough manky regrowth to be able to do it this weekend. OH helped with my lower arms and fair do, he did a good job.

Was getting sick of shaving, I am a hairy lass regardless but have found that the small amount I waxed on my legs stayed smooth (like immediately after you shave) for TWO WEEKS!!!!

Am tempted to go to a professional...what can you expect to pay for two fulll legs and the bikini line?
mmmm being of the not-so-hairy variety of lady, I only have my bikini line and eyebrows waxed - my legs and pits I do with a razor once a millenium! - I digress, The waxing costs me £12.00 and I go once every 6 weeks.

Nx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:00 am
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
My other half is currently in the process of having her underarms and bikini line 'lasered'! Negating the need to ever weald a razor or waxing strip again!!!
Surprisingly inexpensive and after just one session, making a big difference! I shall ask her for the URL when she arises from her slumber
Cool -yeah yeah yeah - I likes the sound of that - you have NO idea how painful waxing is.

I usually end up rolling around the bed SCREAMING like a banshee and cursing poor zena for a mutha f***ing devil worshipper of a whores daughter!! :curse: Poor girl - she's the sweetest little thing you've ever met - spends the whole time apologising to me!

Nx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

In Australia, where I go they do full legs, bikini line and armpits for $70. Which I think is a damn good deal! It's less than I paid in UK. Arm pits bloody hurt though, but I have to say it is well worth it - saves 5 min a day in the shower for the next month, no nicks/cuts, no 'shadow' (well not for ages anyway).

Why we do it to ourselves I am not quite sure. Why don't men have to go though painful rituals (that they PAY for) in order to look 'good'???
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

I am having all of mine lazered which means no more waxin ever eventually!!! loving the thought

ankc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.