Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Know any unique or unusual ways to get fit?

Know any unique or unusual ways to get fit?

Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Know any unique or unusual ways to get fit?

Originally Posted by kporte
Have sex first.....
That's another thread all by itself
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
For the woman, sitting on top facing the other way (not face to face) is like using a rowing machine, excellent for the tummy muscles and thighs
Even if it's only for a minute?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Even if it's only for a minute?
No way, got to be 10 mins minimum...work it baby
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
No way, got to be 10 mins minimum...work it baby
Do my best!!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Vigourous sex. Possibly with some stones on your back. 3 times a day should do it.
3 times is ok if you have a problem downstairs but for a normal hot-blooded man like myself, 7 or 8 will do the trick, preferably with different women.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by framac67
3 times is ok if you have a problem downstairs but for a normal hot-blooded man like myself, 7 or 8 will do the trick, preferably with different women.
Yes but I meant a day not a decade......
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gobbledegeek
I find it extremely difficult to motivate myself to go jogging. In fact, motivation for any sort of fitness-related exertion is nigh on impossible to muster. Before you jump down my throat with unhelpful comments related to bone-idleness and such, may I add that there is a genuine underlying medical reason for this. I'd rather go to the dentist AND watch paint dry than pound the pavement and so I am on a mission to uncover something a little more inspiring.

Boot camps seem to be popular at the moment and I suppose this might be one way to encourage some, with the bonus of a (somewhat) varied workout but even these become repetitive quickly and to be honest, a boot camp that boasts an absence of screaming and shouting orders, is hardly a 'boot camp'; camp certainly.

I don't necessarily have a huge problem with repetitiveness but the 'chore' needs to be interesting or at least different from the run-of-the-mill workouts.

I remember basic training in the Paras, where the barking of NCO's was all the motivation anyone needed. The promise of a 'beasting' was an unnecessary bonus for below par performance. Then there were the 10 mile tabs (speed marches) in full combat gear, 40+lb pack and weapon, in all weathers and terrain were not necessarily the most fun one could think of but they were, if nothing else, part of a varied and highly effective fitness program.

So if anyone out there can think of a unique or interesting method of getting fit, I'd be interested to give it a go.
Ex Paras generally don't need much of an excuse unless of course they genuinely have become lazy - perhaps it is a case of been there done that. (I can see that). In my case, pride keeps me going - I got to a peak in August - got busy at work, lost it, then only tonight I went for a night run..first exercise in 8-10 weeks...

Run up and down the stairs at work - I used to do this in my lunch hour - 15 floors down, 15 floors up, 20mins pressups and situps, 15 up, 15 down...do it with a backpack with all the gear you take. Don't need to worry about sunscreen or practising your sidestep in the city around crowds.

Have to admit, I used to practise my side-step or swerve on unsuspecting office workers... bit mean..
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:15 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67

you slaaaaaaaaag
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Ex Paras generally don't need much of an excuse unless of course they genuinely have become lazy - perhaps it is a case of been there done that. (I can see that). In my case, pride keeps me going - I got to a peak in August - got busy at work, lost it, then only tonight I went for a night run..first exercise in 8-10 weeks...

Run up and down the stairs at work - I used to do this in my lunch hour - 15 floors down, 15 floors up, 20mins pressups and situps, 15 up, 15 down...do it with a backpack with all the gear you take. Don't need to worry about sunscreen or practising your sidestep in the city around crowds.

Have to admit, I used to practise my side-step or swerve on unsuspecting office workers... bit mean..
You are sooo right.....to a degree!

As explained....I certainly haven't become lazy.....But, as I said in my OP there is a medical condition that is a barrier to simply jumping out of bed and doing what needs to be done. If I start some program, it would be an astonishing breakthrough. This is why I need something new/different/unique/interesting to get me started.

I could simply follow the same regime from the Paras but I still need the initial motivation to get me going in the first place.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Enter a triathlon at a distance where the swim is scary - the fear of drowning and the public humiliation of flapping around in lycra will spur you on to new heights of fitness.

at least it did for me. Entering a running race (5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon) may work as well but you wont have the critical motivation that if you fail mid run you just walk... do that in the ocean and you die.
How about carrying a 35 pound 2-year-old through the street markets of Hong Kong for a couple of hours with her sleepy head and arms flopping in all directions?

Mrs JTL
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

you slaaaaaaaaag
Aye but am still loveable and cute.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
How about carrying a 35 pound 2-year-old through the street markets of Hong Kong for a couple of hours with her sleepy head and arms flopping in all directions?

Mrs JTL
I still occasionally leave the stroller in the pram so I am forced to lug a child and a basket of goods around..