Kinsur

Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kinsur

Hi all
one of you lovely peeps opened a thread about an insurance group in the UK offering insurance policies for if a family member gets ill/dies in the UK whilst we are in Oz, they arrange flights and accommodation to get back at short notice and was wondering if anyone on the forum have heard/dealt with them as we're thinking of taking out a policy.
Seems to good to be true, which means it probably is, advice please
I think the link is www.kinsure.co.uk or you can google it as i did
Thanks Jackie

Last edited by jwood; Mar 17th 2008 at 9:24 pm. Reason: wrong email link
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:26 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kinsur

I would immediately be put off by, their exclusions.

The maximum age of your Close Relative is 75.
Pre-existing medical conditions – any medical condition which have required a medical consultation during the last 2 Year.
Any illness claim arising within the first three months after the commencement of the Period of Insurance.

Clause 2 is gonna , prevent a huge proportion of claims. !

Ste
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the age was 80, my mother is over 75 so she's not covered anyway , i think the mother in law is also over 75.
So as my mother has diabeties, had a stroke, and is over 75 we're stuffed then as far as she's concerned.
just going to read the terms and conditions now. Hate reading insurance policy terms and conditions as they seem to be talking a foriegn language. lol
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwood
I thought the age was 80, my mother is over 75 so she's not covered anyway , i think the mother in law is also over 75.
So as my mother has diabeties, had a stroke, and is over 75 we're stuffed then as far as she's concerned.
just going to read the terms and conditions now. Hate reading insurance policy terms and conditions as they seem to be talking a foriegn language. lol
and that is how they get people to sign up 'cos we don't read the small print!
Buyer beware!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exclusions - what is not covered:
a) any claims arising directly or indirectly as a result of any Pre-Existing Medical Condition(s);
b) any claim in respect of any Close Relative and/or Additional Member aged 75 or over;
c) any costs exceeding one return trip per Insured Person per Insured Event;
d) anything mentioned in the General Exclusions.

Pre-Existing Medical Condition:
1. Any of the following Medical Conditions which have required medical consultations, any treatment, surgery,
investigation(s) or follow-ups at any Hospital, surgery or clinic during the 2 years prior to the commencement of
cover under this Policy.
􀂃 diabetes mellitus, cancer, any growth or form of malignancy, epilepsy or fits, asthma, bronchitis or any
other lung or respiratory condition, any kidney or bladder disorder, any mental or psychological condition;
or
2. Any other Medical Condition that
􀂃 is ongoing; or
􀂃 has given rise to symptoms or required medical attention or treatment during the 2 years prior to the
commencement of cover under this Policy and/or prior to any trip; or
3. Any cardiovascular problems (e.g. heart attack, angina, chest pain, palpitations, any other heart condition,
hypertension (raised blood pressure), blood clots, raised cholesterol), any cerebrovascular problems (e.g.
stroke, transient ischaemic attack, brain haemorrhage) that has occurred at any time prior to the
commencement of cover under this Policy.

Told you it was too good to be true
My sister in law is waiting for an operation to repair a small hole in her heart, she's been fainting and banned from driving, been there all her life apparently.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Well, guess you answered your question all by yourself
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well, guess you answered your question all by yourself
Yeah i guess i have haven't i.
Note to self "read the small print before posting on expats".