kangaroo meat

Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice
Default kangaroo meat

Anyone else experimenting with kangaroo meat? I had my first go on the weekend, kangaroo roast, it was really good. I had read a bit that it may be tough, but it was really tender and good. Doing a kangaroo green curry tonight so hopefully that will also be nice!

Its seems like a good alternative to beef, lower fat, better for the environment and way cheaper.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all
Default Re: kangaroo meat

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
Anyone else experimenting with kangaroo meat? I had my first go on the weekend, kangaroo roast, it was really good. I had read a bit that it may be tough, but it was really tender and good. Doing a kangaroo green curry tonight so hopefully that will also be nice!

Its seems like a good alternative to beef, lower fat, better for the environment and way cheaper.
I want to but for some reason just haven't been able to do it yet. Stare at it in Coles but then veer back to the beef. Does it taste 'meaty'? Or is it milder?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very strong flavour I think, reminds me of venison but not quite as nice
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:56 am
Just Joined

NessieNoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I wasn't keen on eating the national animal but caved under the enviromental argument and the added "low fat" benefits.
I use it in the same way as minced beef for chilli, lasagne etc.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamSi
I want to but for some reason just haven't been able to do it yet.
Those childhood memories of warm afternoons spent in front of the TV come drifting back . . .

Skippy, Skippy
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Skippy, Skippy
Skippy, our friend ever true.

You just couldn't could you . . .
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:14 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Some say if you strap a big piece of Skippy to your bald head when you go to bed at night,in the morning your hair will start to regrow,what say you Spartacus
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
Those childhood memories of warm afternoons spent in front of the TV come drifting back . . .

Skippy, Skippy
Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Skippy, Skippy
Skippy, our friend ever true.

You just couldn't could you . . .
Great recall! Was there ever an episode of Skippy where someone didn't fall into the creek? Ah, such simple times!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

I must admit it did take me a while to buy it and I am not at all squeamish about food, I will eat absolutely anything
It does taste nice, its stronger than beef, but not unpleasantly so. It does have a gamey taste to it.
My biggest concern with buying it was whether they are humanely hunted or not.
I havent used it as a mince yet, but would probably be nice as a lasangne. Might try that next.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Some say if you strap a big piece of Skippy to your bald head when you go to bed at night,in the morning your hair will start to regrow,what say you Spartacus
No hair regrowth to date, but its done wonders for my halitosis . . .

Can I enquire on your progress with the 'increase your size' rub-on cream? I know its not designed as an all-over body embrocation but, as they say, in for a penny in for a pound.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:47 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

i bet,still rubbing..............
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I havent used it as a mince yet, but would probably be nice as a lasangne. Might try that next.
Mmm, good suggestion, might have to try that!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

love the steaks, great on the barbie and some of the butchers sell tenderised and marinated which is also lovely.
We find the sausages dry probably due to the low fat content and we dont really like the mince either.

Strong gamey taste, love it.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 2:34 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

youd be hoppin mad to miss it?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

I must admit it did take me a while to buy it and I am not at all squeamish about food, I will eat absolutely anything
It does taste nice, its stronger than beef, but not unpleasantly so. It does have a gamey taste to it.
it's road kill
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

[QUOTE=
.[/QUOTE]

Kangaroos are professionally hunted by licenced Roo Shooters. Each Roo Shooter is given a predetermined number of "Numbered Tags" each year. This enables the shooter to kill that many Kangaroos. Each Roo is identified by the shooters Tag and records by the shooter are kept and sent on to the relevent authorities (these records include the sex of the Roo - Male/Female, if female, was there a joey in the pouch or/and at foot. The Kangaroos have to be "head shot". Each carcass can be back-tracked to the shooter and if it is found that too many Roos are being chest shot, that shooter can have his licence revoked.

The average Roo Shooter will have approx 3,000 tags per year,.

Barney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.