Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

just saying ... Hello

just saying ... Hello

Old Feb 7th 2006, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

laverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nice
Default just saying ... Hello

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, been a while since i logged on, how is everyone doing and getting on over here in Oz?
had few ups and downs, car motorbike kids and now jobless but hey least the weather is nice
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just saying ... Hello

Originally Posted by laverda down under
Just wanted to say hi to everyone, been a while since i logged on, how is everyone doing and getting on over here in Oz?
had few ups and downs, car motorbike kids and now jobless but hey least the weather is nice

Hi

Welcome to the madhouse part of BE. I live in the Uk still, got all the "fun" to come.

Wendy
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Sorry to hear about your job - hope things improve in 06
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:43 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to BE

It's mad, and informative and addictive

Cas
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

laverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nicelaverda down under is just really nice

well they cant get much worse lol...
not to stressed about job, werent impressed there anyway, trying to start my own lil business up in redlandshire now...even thats looking a disaster hahaha
maybe i should go swimming with the sharks hmmm theres a thought lol.

its enought to drive ya to ..still it could be worse..i could be in the uk...
Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:27 am
ABCDiamond

not to stressed about job, werent impressed there anyway, trying to start my own lil business up in redlandshire now...
Tell us what the business is then ?

Who knows, you may have future customers reading

Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Tell us what the business is then ?

Who knows, you may have future customers reading
starting off with window cleaning in &/or out, blinds and gutters, if when that takes off i will broaden more.

bit of a difference from a print machinist lol ...
Old Feb 7th 2006, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

starting off with window cleaning in &/or out, blinds and gutters, if when that takes off i will broaden more.

Well good luck with it.
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

well thank you very much wendy...
Old Feb 8th 2006, 12:25 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

That should give you some reasonable money. They charge $200 for mine inside and out - 2 of them and takes about 1 hour and they say that they do about 7 a day. Not bad for little outlay!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vanessa
That should give you some reasonable money. They charge $200 for mine inside and out - 2 of them and takes about 1 hour and they say that they do about 7 a day. Not bad for little outlay!

geee how much!!! im not charging that much ... depending on size of property depends on charge but the highest is a large highset, and windows inside and out is only $80 then if its a senior citizen its $10 cheaper, i have a friend in brisbane wanted her gutters cleared, they wanted to charge $175, i done it for $80 huge difference, im not here to be greedy just as long as i can pay my bills and have a little fun im happy, i work alone unless big job then the wife comes, normally a good 2 hours, im a fussy bugger so like it to be as id like to see mine done if i was topay for it. but saying that, i also done a large lowset, windows, in & out and blinds took me 4 hours, $125 thought that was reasonable.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

geee how much!!! im not charging that much ... depending on size of property depends on charge but the highest is a large highset, and windows inside and out is only $80 then if its a senior citizen its $10 cheaper, i have a friend in brisbane wanted her gutters cleared, they wanted to charge $175, i done it for $80 huge difference, im not here to be greedy just as long as i can pay my bills and have a little fun im happy, i work alone unless big job then the wife comes, normally a good 2 hours, im a fussy bugger so like it to be as id like to see mine done if i was topay for it. but saying that, i also done a large lowset, windows, in & out and blinds took me 4 hours, $125 thought that was reasonable.
Goo dluck with it , it is a shame that you aren't here in Victoria as I would happily pay that sort of money as I HATE cleaning windows.
Oh well can't afford to pay travelling as well
Nicky
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NickyP
Goo dluck with it , it is a shame that you aren't here in Victoria as I would happily pay that sort of money as I HATE cleaning windows.
Oh well can't afford to pay travelling as well
Nicky
Thank you very much.
If im ever coming down that way in the future ill bring me tools and do them for you
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:45 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Sounds steep. Why does it take 2 hours for 2 windows? or do you mean 2 window cleaners?
Mate has just been quoted $160 for 3 bed house with 2 large sets of paio windows, inside and out. Reckon on about 2 hours for 1 person.
I used to be a window cleaner many years ago, so I've some idea how to price a job.

Would you believe we were once asked to quote for this place...

It's the insurance that is the biggest outlay.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gedge
Sounds steep. Why does it take 2 hours for 2 windows? or do you mean 2 window cleaners?
Mate has just been quoted $160 for 3 bed house with 2 large sets of paio windows, inside and out. Reckon on about 2 hours for 1 person.
I used to be a window cleaner many years ago, so I've some idea how to price a job.

Would you believe we were once asked to quote for this place...

It's the insurance that is the biggest outlay.
still think $160 is steep, the way i look at it people dont want to lay out a third of their weekly wage to get the windows cleaned, hence why i charge a max of $80, it may take 30 mins, it may take 2 or 3 hours depending on the windows. dont see the point in charging per hour either..
the thing i struggled with was finding out the going rates, after having people round and quoting i then sat down and thought, gee thats alot of money, and they all worked to "it will cost a minimum of..." and every wuote i thought was outrageous. now ive pretty much laid out all my costs, ive now got to get the customers....which is the hardest part.

ideally just to get a few pennies in each week i need a few shops, but they are all contracted, though i prefer houses as they can be done during the day instead of early hours of the morning lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.