Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just rehomed our doggie

Just rehomed our doggie

Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:03 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Just rehomed our doggie

Hes gone to live with a lovely family in yorkshire. I feel so bad we are not going until next year but we have just sold our house and need to rent. We thought it would be easier to rent without him as hes not coming to oz. Just bawled my eyes out, i know he will be well loved and looked after but i will miss him.

They came and picked him up as we went over there to meet them last week. I know it will get easier but has anyone else done this, oh god i hope we get the visa now, i feel so bad and guiltyx clare
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just rehomed our doggie

Oh Bless... I know how hard it is... You have SO done the right thing...

Our animals (dog x 2 and cats x 2) are staying here.... we are lucky because my parents are keeping them... but even so it is So hard...

The whole process... moving/renting/ flying/renting etc etc etc is complicated enough without adding to the stress... At least you have seen his new home and have met his new owners... you know it is the best thing...but that doesn't make it easy..

Big Hug
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

Clare,

Big hugs for you. If you feel like I did when I gave mine away you probably feel rotten. But we were in the same situation as you, needed to rent and couldn't with them.

I also feel that as humans we have to do the best for our animals. And sometimes that means finding them a new home, you have done the right thing. It will get easier.

amanda
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:43 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

We know how you feel, our eldest dog, a black labrador had to be put down a couple of months ago, and our Boxer went to live with a new family.

There were snots and tears everywhere.

The goldfish went to the wifes brothers, and the cat is being kept by the people renting our house.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:32 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou for your replies. I have now finished my wine lol. Feel like shit, i know hes not far and i am i know he will be fine. We vetted the family, they have had dogs before and they have loads of land so it will be like doggie heaven compared to here, but i feel like i have abandoned him.

I know it will get easier, we just felt bringing him with us wouldnt work. He has snapped at our son a few times , its not his fault or our son who is 15 month old. The dog was here first nd was our baby for nearly 5 years but they just dont gel so it made the decision to leave him here easier. I would never leave them alone together, but Hamish was very territorial.

I will get updates of how he going but it just feels weird him not being here x clare