Wikiposts

Is it just me....

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:33 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it just me....

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I will have to start checking it out more often.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
Yes but there are viewpoints and plain tosh. Britain isn't actually full of chavs and not all Australians are stupid. Why do people type this crap?
...because they are not thinking logically. They are coming from a point where all they are feeling is anger and that never lends itself to sensible arguments.
Sure there are things that can irritate most of us when we first arrive but they don't become 'issues' unless the whole emigration process is getting to you... then everything becomes an issue. It's then that people verbally lash out and come out with what is, without doubt, complete crap.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:39 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...because they are not thinking logically. They are coming from a point where all they are feeling is anger and that never lends itself to sensible arguments.
Sure there are things that can irritate most of us when we first arrive but they don't become 'issues' unless the whole emigration process is getting to you... then everything becomes an issue. It's then that people verbally lash out and come out with what is, without doubt, complete crap.
Ok truth time now - do I come across as Australia negative sometimes?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Yes but not with crap (usually) ;-). Most people can talk about things that do their heads in with a bit of humour or a sensible, logical argument....
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:52 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Kporte says yes, but I honestly haven't seen it.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Sep 3rd 2009 at 3:56 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:10 pm

Yes but not with crap (usually) ;-). Most people can talk about things that do their heads in with a bit of humour or a sensible, logical argument....
I know. I try to be honest though.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I know. I try to be honest though.
That's what I mean though. Most Australia lovers accept criticism of their new home but when folk start talking bollocks and making blanket statements, it kicks off.....
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:27 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

yep
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
yep
Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:35 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
don't mean that in a bad way. You're nowhere near as bad as the like of Kevin247 for instance, as I don't think you carry the same bitterness as he does.
But I do feel like you make negative comments about the country without balancing it out with positives.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Agreed, but I can never really understand it when someone has posted,
" Australians are all stupid " or similar and they get upset when someone disputes this. I suppose it is over my head, I never ran down the UK when I left because I see it's good points and the flaws my life had there were probably mine....
It is funny, but I can actually see exactly where they are coming from, having trodden that path myself.

It has been interesting to watch the path of 'iamthecreaturefromuranus' as I was very much like that but without the internet, so unable to spread the pain...

I have actually gone through the barrier and now feel like an ex-smoker telling people that I hate smokers. If you know what I mean.

It is frustrating to see it, as I see myself many years back, and wonder what people thought of me. Well, actually I don't need to wonder, my wife sometimes reminds me, when I discuss some forum events with her

Some parts of your post [italicised] I don't like to be reminded about, it took me too long to recognise them

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:38 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I really like oz but i did find the people in Beruit more friendly.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:38 pm

don't mean that in a bad way. You're nowhere near as bad as the like of Kevin247 for instance, as I don't think you carry the same bitterness as he does.
But I do feel like you make negative comments about the country without balancing it out with positives.
Kevin747.

You are right and I know it, I'm not going to sit and pretend otherwise though.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:39 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Kevin747.

You are right and I know it, I'm not going to sit and pretend otherwise though.
sorry it just feels like he is on here 24/7 spurting that cr@p
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:44 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

yep
Harsh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.