just kinda given up

Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough
Default just kinda given up

we where all very set on going to Adelaide then one by one the kids said they didnt want to go, then all the doom and gloom with the house market, the costs of taking our pets etc etc.
Then one day I turn around and now we dont seem to be going.
No ones actually said anything just that there is no forward motion.
Mainly from me as I was the one doing everything.
I just don`t have the motivation anymore.
Im just posting to see if anyone is in a simular situation.
Im looking at all the packed boxes and half empty house thinking " well what now?"
I dont even know what i feel, not much really
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:38 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just kinda given up

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
we where all very set on going to Adelaide then one by one the kids said they didnt want to go, then all the doom and gloom with the house market, the costs of taking our pets etc etc.
Im looking at all the packed boxes and half empty house thinking " well what now?"

i know just how you feel ... having put so much of our aus plans on hold over the last 6 years for one thing or another, my other half told me the other night that he doesnt want to go any more
we stayed in uk 2 n 1/2 yrs ago cos my mum was ill and i was the onlyone who would look after her - she passed away 3 months ago; then the following week his mother got ill ... she passed away 3 weeks ago.
sometimes you have to reingnite the fire ... but quite how you do that is anyones guess.
what im trying to say is, some things just arent meant to be ... but the time will be right for something oneday, and you will be glad you are where you are, wherever that may be.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:41 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Us to i'm afraid.

Mum is ill with cancer again, the house has fallen through, we have validated, but now we are stuck here with no end in sight.

We are instead of planning new lifes in Australia now having to restart our lives here, middle son has taken his options for returning to start his GCSE's in September and also 2 of our sons have signed up for a new season of football.

We are most definately still here and not a sign of australia in sight.

Not sure how I feel either
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

OMG just reading your post brought back so many memories.....

We had sooo many challenegs to get here, at times it felt like everything was against us.......WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER...........I think, like you, at times most people would think 'what the hell are we doing?'.......the process is so hard......the waiting and the uncertainty.....at times now, I still think 'what the hell have we done' even though I am settled and enjoy life here.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that I believe what you are feeling (or not feeling) is totally normal....and I bet loads of people will post to confirm this.........

This process is hard- at times too hard, and we just run out of steam....

Chin up and good luck whatever you decide
Molly x
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

wardy2..........just read your post, so sorry about your mum

Its so bloody hard...my sister got BC just before we left the UK...I felt like my heart was ripping out as I said goodbye

At least you ahve validated though, which gives you options in the future

Good luck with it all

Hugs
Molly x
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:09 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Molly.

My mum was originally diagnosed and treated for BC, unfortunately a side effect of the treatment she was given is Uterine cancer which is what she now has, and it also appears she is spot on with the average age of when this cancer develps (60) so things are certainly not going in her favour.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:16 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Add me to this list.

My Dad is now terminally ill with cancer. I can't even consider going to Australia at the moment.

Things were bad enough with the house sale falling through and the exchange rate but this news has pretty much killed it.

I have a job interview in a couple of weeks and it's a fantastic opportunity.
If I get it then I'm cancelling Australia for good.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Thanks Molly.

My mum was originally diagnosed and treated for BC, unfortunately a side effect of the treatment she was given is Uterine cancer which is what she now has, and it also appears she is spot on with the average age of when this cancer develps (60) so things are certainly not going in her favour.
Originally Posted by Kapri
Add me to this list.

My Dad is now terminally ill with cancer. I can't even consider going to Australia at the moment.

Things were bad enough with the house sale falling through and the exchange rate but this news has pretty much killed it.

I have a job interview in a couple of weeks and it's a fantastic opportunity.
If I get it then I'm cancelling Australia for good.
How truely terrible. I knew about Wardy's Mum, but now Kapri's Dad too. I am so sorry to hear this. You two must be going through hell. I hope that you can both stay strong and one day the time will be right for you. (((((hugs)))))
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

oh my guys, im so sorry for those who have lost people they love or are ill
puts some things into perspective.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Very sorry for those with ill relatives. At the end of the day Australia isn't going anywhere - might not be good for some now but in the future......?
Never say never is my lifes motto!!!!
Dtp
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
Hi Pomgrrl,

It must be hard. We were very lucky that redundancy was on offer at work, so it made us put the house on the market a couple of months early. If we had stuck to our original plan, I think we would still be there.

If it's what you really want, it'll happen at some point. We have been here 3 months now & we are loving it...really wish we had done it years ago.

Hope everything slots in to place for you soon...

Mark
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents being ill.
It does put things into perspective. I've been stressing about selling the house, but after reading this, my problems seem trivial.

Take care and I hope things go well.
Jill
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:26 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Just sending my thoughts to everyone on this thread who have lost loved ones, or who are now supporting them through terrible times - it really does make you think about what's important in life.

Love & best of luck to all of you