Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Wikiposts

Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
Hiya

It's Bristol Vale Vets - 01275 832489 - give then a call!

Angie
We have two teenage kids..etc and what do i worry about moving the most.... the dog...husband says we need her for shark bait...but i think he might be as mad as i am!!!..this is the beast in question... Molly!
Attached Thumbnails Just had Quote to ship my dog!-100_0339.jpg  
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough

Hi

I have just had a lovely lady on the phone - I enquired about shipping my Springer to Australia.

I looked on here and picked some info from one of the members - I got quote from a company in Bristol who have on site vets etc. They will build a container - made to measure, they will have her in 3 days before she flies to get her used to her Box. They then take her to Heathrow and another check is completed. Sje will then fly to Australia and be picked up at the other end by an import type person and be inspected by another vet - they will then take her to kennels for 30 days.

The Company in Bristol will give me a full timescale of what to get done and when so I will not have to worry about any of it!!! £1,803.00.

The extras on top are for the other end - they will book the import stuff, but I will have to pay for it - and the kennels on top too.

The price includes vet inspections and jabs etc.

Has anyone else any experiences or thoughts on this??

Angie
sounds like a good price...crazy but good!, does anyone know of a good company anywhere in kent...
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:56 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have just had a lovely lady on the phone - I enquired about shipping my Springer to Australia.

I looked on here and picked some info from one of the members - I got quote from a company in Bristol who have on site vets etc. They will build a container - made to measure, they will have her in 3 days before she flies to get her used to her Box. They then take her to Heathrow and another check is completed. Sje will then fly to Australia and be picked up at the other end by an import type person and be inspected by another vet - they will then take her to kennels for 30 days.

The Company in Bristol will give me a full timescale of what to get done and when so I will not have to worry about any of it!!! £1,803.00.

The extras on top are for the other end - they will book the import stuff, but I will have to pay for it - and the kennels on top too.

Angie

Our quote for one dog (staffordshire bull terrier) and one cat (large fluffy) is £2238. This includes the necessary permit but doesnt include for kennels in Aus. How does that compare to any other quotes? C x
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

clenk is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Hi , ive got 2 rotties and we have had a quote of £4987 thats with airpets international that is the cheapest one that we have had, one came back at £9800!! but then there is still all the injections before ,and import and export certificates on top of that to pay for aswell.its shocking what they charge Lynn
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:39 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Our quote for one dog (staffordshire bull terrier) and one cat (large fluffy) is £2238. This includes the necessary permit but doesnt include for kennels in Aus. How does that compare to any other quotes? C x
We used Pinehawk Kennels who charged £2,250 IIRC for 2 Staffies... You can probably save money by sorting the permits out yourself... Very simple form to fill in and send to Canberra...

HTH
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1962 will become famous soon enoughTina1962 will become famous soon enough

Hi

Angie
We used www.petexports.co.uk they were Fantastik talked us through everything, when to do it and how coulden't recomend them enough, and they are near heathrow. Any of these companeys can give you a quote though ring around, good luck.
Tina
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:57 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Hi

Angie
That's about right.

Our mutt is in Perth quarantine at the moment. Cost me around 1,780.00.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Hel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really niceHel&Will is just really nice

That seems a good price. We have 5 dogs and it looks like we will only be taking 3 with us (one is quite ill and the other will be 9 when we move). I have just had a quote for the 3 setters I want to take costing £7355 with Animal Airlines - I was budgeting for around £2000 each so had a bit of a shock. Waiting for quotes to come back on 5 other companies but if anyone knows of one in sussex/surrey area please let me know.

Hel