Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Hi

I have just had a lovely lady on the phone - I enquired about shipping my Springer to Australia.

I looked on here and picked some info from one of the members - I got quote from a company in Bristol who have on site vets etc. They will build a container - made to measure, they will have her in 3 days before she flies to get her used to her Box. They then take her to Heathrow and another check is completed. Sje will then fly to Australia and be picked up at the other end by an import type person and be inspected by another vet - they will then take her to kennels for 30 days.

The Company in Bristol will give me a full timescale of what to get done and when so I will not have to worry about any of it!!! £1,803.00.

The extras on top are for the other end - they will book the import stuff, but I will have to pay for it - and the kennels on top too.

The price includes vet inspections and jabs etc.

Has anyone else any experiences or thoughts on this??

Angie
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just had Quote to ship my dog!

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
Hi

I have just had a lovely lady on the phone - I enquired about shipping my Springer to Australia.

I looked on here and picked some info from one of the members - I got quote from a company in Bristol who have on site vets etc. They will build a container - made to measure, they will have her in 3 days before she flies to get her used to her Box. They then take her to Heathrow and another check is completed. Sje will then fly to Australia and be picked up at the other end by an import type person and be inspected by another vet - they will then take her to kennels for 30 days.

The Company in Bristol will give me a full timescale of what to get done and when so I will not have to worry about any of it!!! £1,803.00.

The extras on top are for the other end - they will book the import stuff, but I will have to pay for it - and the kennels on top too.

Angie
That sounds about right to me - expensive mutts aren't they?! Paid deposit for our lab this morning.... he had better be the best behaved dog ever for the next three month, because I am seriously struggling with spending that much on a dog!! :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by esperanza
That sounds about right to me - expensive mutts aren't they?! Paid deposit for our lab this morning.... he had better be the best behaved dog ever for the next three month, because I am seriously struggling with spending that much on a dog!! :scared: :scared:
She's worth it!
Taking 3 kids too, but they are being paid for by Sponsor. Casn't really complain I suppose

Angie
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to allHopefull is a name known to all

Why a kennel for 30 days if she has her jabs and from uk???
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hopefull
Why a kennel for 30 days if she has her jabs and from uk???
She has to have 30 days quarantine
it all part of the regs to import pets.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:03 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Angie
Sounds like a thorough service....I'd say that sounds like a good price!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:03 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by esperanza
We're leaving ours with the folks.....she's been too naughty!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
We're leaving ours with the folks.....she's been too naughty!
I threaten mine with that almost daily.... "Do you want to come with us?"!
I just hope I never am in desperate need of that money in years to come... I will blame the dog!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:15 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Angie
Hi Angie, Could you let me know the name of the company in Bristol we are not too far from there (Swindon) and need to get quotes soon for shipping a dog and two cats. Thanks Neil
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Hi Angie, Could you let me know the name of the company in Bristol we are not too far from there (Swindon) and need to get quotes soon for shipping a dog and two cats. Thanks Neil
Hiya

It's Bristol Vale Vets - 01275 832489 - give then a call!

Angie
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough

Hi
I wonder? do they have a web site? if so can you tell me what it is?

thanks
anne
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:15 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Is it really that much:scared: might be putting mine down then both of them

Thats 5 months rent over there, DAMMM WONT SLEEP TONIGHT,
Which one first.

Regards

Martin
(LOL)
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know anyone nice and friendly who wants a cat??????
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

scott_lass will become famous soon enough

[

that sounds no to bad.we r at the stage of gettin quotes for oor 2 yr olde lab.Have foned a few places and they comin in at a boot 2 and half thousand Was thinkin aboot daein it oor self but will prob be better using some one (less stress) But 2 be honest i would bring her over no matter the cost (with in reason of course) the weans would go daft with oot hur
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scott_lass
[

that sounds no to bad.we r at the stage of gettin quotes for oor 2 yr olde lab.Have foned a few places and they comin in at a boot 2 and half thousand Was thinkin aboot daein it oor self but will prob be better using some one (less stress) But 2 be honest i would bring her over no matter the cost (with in reason of course) the weans would go daft with oot hur
Noooo don't try doin it yourself far too much stress. It is worth absolutely every penny gettin someone else to do it.

Mx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.