Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just had my first cry

Just had my first cry

Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future
Default Just had my first cry

I can't believe it, I still have over another month to go but I am crying already, how am I going to cope. I was sat at the computer filling in a questionaire I have been asked to complete by my dance teacher about what I am going to miss when all of these feelings suddenly emerged and I was blubbing (good job I am sat here alone).

God only help me over this next month when I am saying goodbye to family.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just had my first cry

Originally Posted by emmal
I can't believe it, I still have over another month to go but I am crying already, how am I going to cope. I was sat at the computer filling in a questionaire I have been asked to complete by my dance teacher about what I am going to miss when all of these feelings suddenly emerged and I was blubbing (good job I am sat here alone).

Oh don't worry you'll have lots more tears (im soo much help!!) it's natural, you are off to another country and leaving all you know for a fab new life in a new place

Im sure you will be fine although a few people have advised me not to take an entourage of family to the airport or i'll spend the whole flight a sobbing wreck

Loads of luck

Zoe
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:29 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

invest in lots of packs of tissues

waterproof make up is also good, try not to cry too much it makes your nose red!

other than that have a sob fest you wont be seeing them for a long time, let them know they will be missed
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:35 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'll cry with you mate. I started in earnest a couple of weeks ago and they're never far away. Lots of too though.

Take care,

Gill
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:46 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

can i join the sobbing club then. simple things start my lip quivering such as comments on my son's school report - teachers wishing him well, driving down the lane to work, my mum with a tear never too far away...........
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

aww once you get on that plane you will feel so different..or maybe it is when you get off it..??? perhaps!

i have just left australia not long ago..i went to the airport on my own..best thing i ever did! i took a shuttle bus..and stayed the night before in a motel. was lovely ~as i was so relaxed by the time it was flight time...

good luck...and yeah the tears will come with more later etc..but just think what is waiting for you..a beautiful new country and a wonderful new adventure...however it would be pretty sad if we left our home country and didnt' shed a tear..at some point....wouldn't say much about our life...i dont' think....

*wraps a arm round you and passes you a tissue*
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

emmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant futureemmal has a brilliant future

Thanks for everyones support - glad to also have people to join me in a blubbering mess.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Thanks for everyones support - glad to also have people to join me in a blubbering mess.
No problem Any time

Byeeee
Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

ooooohhhhhhhhh so pleased your all the same as me, we leave for brisbane in 9 1/2 weeks and all of a sudden the panick and tears have arrived from nowhere, hopefully we'll all be ok when we hit ozzy soil

Beth
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:39 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thewoodz
can i join the sobbing club then. simple things start my lip quivering such as comments on my son's school report - teachers wishing him well, driving down the lane to work, my mum with a tear never too far away...........
Oh god, that's me too. I can hardly look my Mum in the face these days. Thank god for alcohol and BE
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

My heart goes out to all of you but just think, these days you have computers and easy communication - your mum's and dad's will just be a click away.

Love that word "blubber", it was one of my dad's favourites