Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Just bought an iPhone, recommend your fav or most useful apps!

Just bought an iPhone, recommend your fav or most useful apps!

Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just bought an iPhone, recommend your fav or most useful apps!

Originally Posted by daunted
thats strange PP - i send pics via mobile back to UK all the time - is possibly the phone he has to receive them on?
Really? I have never had any luck from Optus/Virgin and my son cant send in the opposite direction either. Which provider do you use?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Anyone got the TomTom for iPhone? Sounds like a good way of doing GPS directions and having a phone at the same time. Only downer I am hearing is that it does not charge too well.
Nope, got Sygic instead and very happy with it. Got the UK and Aus maps and they are both excellent.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 2:00 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Recently found out that you can also use them to make phone calls. What a great application!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:48 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

The TomTom car cradle costs about $150 and the app $100 so why not just buy a Tom Tom.

I have the cheaper app (Sygic) and a cradle I got from ebay for $2 and works just as well
Anyone got the TomTom for iPhone? Sounds like a good way of doing GPS directions and having a phone at the same time. Only downer I am hearing is that it does not charge too well.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:33 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

F&^*. I thought it was $125 for both. $0d that.
Originally Posted by themerlin
The TomTom car cradle costs about $150 and the app $100 so why not just buy a Tom Tom.

I have the cheaper app (Sygic) and a cradle I got from ebay for $2 and works just as well
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:41 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

http://store.apple.com/au/product/TX529?mco=MTM3NTI0NjY

It's actually $159

F&^*. I thought it was $125 for both. $0d that.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Yep but the Tom Tom thingo has a phone holder for the car and hands free dialling I believe. Safer and not too bad a price considering the hardware.

I currently use google maps.
I just use the garmin in the car but when that can't find it I use the phone and just pop the screen somewhere you can see it as the cradles just a charger anyway.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
You bought an iPhone in April. The new one will be released in 8-10 weeks. FAIL.
You sound like some of the IT plebs at work, or a school kid.
Let ya down gently...
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
You sound like some of the IT plebs at work, or a school kid.
Let ya down gently...
...my son has about 500 FAIL pic's that he sits and giggles away at.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Just been to Fuerteventura so was able to practice my Spanish using the Last Minute speak Spanish app.

Was able to confidently order two coffees, turn to the family and say "it tastes like chicken", whatever it was, and was tempted to use the "you show me your white bits if I show you my mine" phrase but sensed I better not.

Noticed for the first time how multitasking does suck a lot of battery life in a way it wouldn't have previously