Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is Jeremy clarkson on Oz TV?

Is Jeremy clarkson on Oz TV?

Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

kits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is Jeremy clarkson on Oz TV?

Hi, in Brisbane Top Gear is shown on SBS every Monday at 7.30pm. Last week show was a race between the Porsche Cayenne & a man on Glider. Their guest on the show was Euan McGregor. So I don't know if how behind we are from the UK.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Pippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant futurePippilongstocking has a brilliant future

Have 3 sons and OH so am forced to watch him on SBS every monday night. Have actually grown quite fond of the bloke - you can't beat british humour (thanks for the laugh this morning).
Like others have said we are behind the UK. Richard still hasn't crashed!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sallyclaire, I don't give a monkeys about cars. Not interested in them one little bit. In fact I'd go as far as to say I hate the bloody things, but I need one.

It's Clarkson, May and Hammond that I like. The chemistry is brilliant.

As for the Hammond crash, thats where this quote is from:-

"Clarkson:"you can see from the tape that the tyre is starting to come apart. now why didnt you spot that?!"
Hammond:"I had a lot on: i was doing 288 mph."
Clarkson: "What do you mean you had a lot on? I can be in the office on the phone, doining the paperwork, kids are shouting at me, wife etc, if a lion walks in, I'm going to notice it!"

Quality, top quality.

I watched a top gear special last night where they had a race to the north pole. Brilliant TV.

Jazzys
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Amanda Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hey Sallyclaire, I don't give a monkeys about cars. Not interested in them one little bit. In fact I'd go as far as to say I hate the bloody things, but I need one.

It's Clarkson, May and Hammond that I like. The chemistry is brilliant.

As for the Hammond crash, thats where this quote is from:-

"Clarkson:"you can see from the tape that the tyre is starting to come apart. now why didnt you spot that?!"
Hammond:"I had a lot on: i was doing 288 mph."
Clarkson: "What do you mean you had a lot on? I can be in the office on the phone, doining the paperwork, kids are shouting at me, wife etc, if a lion walks in, I'm going to notice it!"

Quality, top quality.

I watched a top gear special last night where they had a race to the north pole. Brilliant TV.

Jazzys

Well said. Last nights special was funny, scary and just plain brilliant, as are all the sepcials. I loved the one in America when they had to decorate their cars and got run out of town by the locals with guns. You could see the 'fear' in their eyes, just like last night when the car was driving over the thin ice!

Did you see James with Oz Clark taking wine appreciation lessons in France a couple of weeks ago. Now that was funny!

Amanda
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

The american one was brilliant, I also watched an old one last week where they made a convertible people carrier and took it through a car wash.

It was brand new, cost a million quid and they set it on fire after it ripped the roof off the people carrier and jammed.

Eeeeee I'm gunna miss it.

Jazzys
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:33 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if his views on Australia would be welcome there.

Here is one quote:

"Whereas you never hear anyone say, “Well I’m totally happy. I have lots of friends, an enjoyable career and a great family. So I’m moving to Australia.” No one has ever gone there because of the success they’ve made of themselves somewhere else".

There are a few more as well

G
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

You can view more great clips here, I think!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/

jazzys
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

The american one was brilliant, I also watched an old one last week where they made a convertible people carrier and took it through a car wash.

It was brand new, cost a million quid and they set it on fire after it ripped the roof off the people carrier and jammed.

Eeeeee I'm gunna miss it.

Jazzys
don't you think that was set up a bit ? i mean , they wouldn't do that to a 1 million pound car wash , sneak off then show it on national tv
. just my oppinion .

its a good show , but can't be taken too seriously
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep I agree with you, but it was only a motor that caught fire. Still very funny telly though eh! Set up or not.

Jazzys
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:45 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Yep I agree with you, but it was only a motor that caught fire. Still very funny telly though eh! Set up or not.

Jazzys
true .

last nights was fun too
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not sure if his views on Australia would be welcome there.

Here is one quote:

"Whereas you never hear anyone say, “Well I’m totally happy. I have lots of friends, an enjoyable career and a great family. So I’m moving to Australia.” No one has ever gone there because of the success they’ve made of themselves somewhere else".

There are a few more as well

G
That quote is well known. He's my favourite journo.

[Besides, I say he's wrong, many people move because they want more.(!)]

edit: Maybe Arkon can enlighten us...

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Jul 26th 2007 at 9:09 am.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:16 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

no
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:19 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Ok. I moved here because I wanted less. turned out Oz offered far less than less. To the point I may as well not be alive anymore. Clarkson was dead right on all he said on Oz, I remember his sketch where he ridiculed Australia very well. I should have taken notice of it rather that laughing at the funnyness of it.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh Dear, Arkon won't be on the Immigration departments xmas list will he.

Whats up mate, less than impressed are we?
I don't know anything about you or your past, can't you go home if you don't like it in Oz? You don't sound a happy bunny at all.

Jazzys
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Oh! Boys and their cars
They are not a penis substitute......
we see beyond the end of your bonnet (however short)
They are something to get you from a to b
THERE IS MORE TO LIFE GUYS!!!!
I'm not really into cars but I love watching Top Gear. As a previous poster said it's the presenters that make the show. Clarksons wit has me in stitches and as for the "hamster" - worth watching for him alone. Even James May has his moments.

For me the caravan episode is best - and yes I know it was probably staged but it was funny as ***k Closely followed by the American one where they got chased out of town Both episodes were about so much more than cars.

Love it.

Jules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.