Jehovahs witnesses

Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:17 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jehovahs witnesses

Here they call round in smart suits just wondering what they wear to call on you in Oz? Do they wear thongs and shorts?

One has just left after kindly giving me handfuls of magazines, my mate says they try and sell her these

They obviously feel sorry for the deaf or just can't let a possible conversion get away
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:21 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jehovahs witnesses

My mate tells them he worships the devil.

the look on their faces is priceless!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:22 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
My mate tells them he worships the devil.

the look on their faces is priceless!!
wow will have to try that sometime
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Jehovahs witnesses

Pretend you know one of them.

Greet him with the words "Keith! Great to see you mate! Will we see you again on 'Swingers' Night'? My wife was just saying how much she enjoyed last Thursday!"

Then lean forward and give him a big dirty wink.

Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:23 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

My local JW is a lovely bloke.
He's very polite and all he ever wants to do is hand me a copy of The Watchtower.
Sometimes I even read it so I can see what it's all about I read a very interesting article on why blood transfusions are not allowed. I don't agree personally but each to their own.

I'm not religious but I don't mind him calling round. It only takes a minute of my time and he never preaches.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:12 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I thought I'd escape them here - especially as the houses are quite spread out in our road - but no they came calling the other day - dressed very smartly - a youngish man and lady - even had smart black umbrellas to keep the sun off. Found out best defence is to have a dog, particularly an excitable puppy - good excuse to keep the screen door closed - but they insisted I had a leaflet and when I tried to get it puppy escaped and they couldn't run away quick enough - doggy paws on nice clothes not welcome! Just wish they'd have come in the afternoon so the chooks could have had a go too!

I am not fond of cold callers I know people have to make a living/spread the word but there are other ways! At least I didn't get children this time - in the UK they always had children with them and that really would make me cross, dragging them around and exposing them to seeing their family rebuffed countless times.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
Here they call round in smart suits just wondering what they wear to call on you in Oz? Do they wear thongs and shorts?

One has just left after kindly giving me handfuls of magazines, my mate says they try and sell her these

They obviously feel sorry for the deaf or just can't let a possible conversion get away
You get them here as well, the hunt in pairs, still in suits. Pain in the bum, I don't open the door to them.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:24 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Nah - invite 'em in, sit 'em down, make 'em tasteless tea, and then talk non-stop for at least half-an-hour on the topic of your choice (child's latest school report, mother's health, state of garden) and don't let 'em get a word in edge-ways. Then look at your watch, say ooh must be going, and usher them out the door.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:30 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

mate of mine and his wife are J.W's

Really nice couple

Not sure what JW is all about ... i remember chubby brown said,, Im no Jehovas Witness, more a Jehovas Bystander... i witnessed fkall !
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Each to their own but in my job (kids itu)we sometimes have to get court orders against parents so their kid can have urgent blood transfusions following surgery,road traffic accidents etc etc.Cant get my head round the fact that in some cases( not all) that they say god will look after their child,well god aint no nurse/surgeon
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:51 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Each to their own but in my job (kids itu)we sometimes have to get court orders against parents so their kid can have urgent blood transfusions following surgery,road traffic accidents etc etc.Cant get my head round the fact that in some cases( not all) that they say god will look after their child,well god aint no nurse/surgeon
That one has always thrown me too.

Yet in church they drink gods blood and eat gods body.

Weird huh
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:54 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Weird huh
Makes life difficult, as if being a nurse aint bad enough but thanks to the courts we can do what we are signed up to do.preserve life
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

I had some very good JW friends back in the UK,, once they gave up trying to convert me we actually had some very interesting discussions!
The reason they go around door knocking is that they believe they are the only people who will survive Armaggedon and one of the conditions of them getting a place with the "saved" is that it is their duty to try and save as many other people as possible.
When you look at it in that context I think its quite sweet
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

Weird huh

I don't think they do actually, thats Roman Catholics!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:58 pm
Banned

Pity at times, then they dont do as the film, and bugger off to an asteroid on a sunday arvo !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.