British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Japanese toilets..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/japanese-toilets-795517/)

Amazulu Apr 29th 2013 2:50 pm

Japanese toilets.....

1 Attachment(s)
......are freaking awesome.

Only this mob could invent an electronic bog. The seat is heated - nice. Need to fart or do a noisy poo? No problem. Press a button and a crappy tune plays to cover your bottom cacophony. Push another button and a jet of warm water shoots up your jacksie, ensuring a squeaky clean finish.

I likey. I want one.

Shard Apr 29th 2013 9:50 pm

Re: Japanese toilets.....

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 10683679)

Only this mob could invent an electronic bog. The seat is heated - nice. Need to fart or do a noisy poo? No problem. Press a button and a crappy tune plays to cover your bottom cacophony. Push another button and a jet of warm water shoots up your jacksie, ensuring a squeaky clean finish.

I likey. I want one.

Amazing aren't they, invented in the 1980's I believe (if not before).

Budawang Apr 29th 2013 10:00 pm

In South Korea last year our rather basic hotel had one of those loos and a sauna shower - nice. The his and hers button with different angled water jets was a nice touch - no pun intended.

I'm surprised they haven't taken off in the west.

IvanM Apr 29th 2013 10:50 pm

Those toilets are great. I never found the sound systems to be powerful enough to cover my cacophony.

ukecadet Apr 29th 2013 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Shard (Post 10684321)
Amazing aren't they, invented in the 1980's I believe (if not before).

Was that Toma Clapper ?

Swerv-o Apr 29th 2013 11:54 pm

I likey. I want one.

Want!

S

Zen10 Apr 30th 2013 12:03 am

Originally Posted by IvanM (Post 10684390)
Those toilets are great. I never found the sound systems to be powerful enough to cover my cacophony.

The old sound system they used at Glastonbury is up for sale.;)

IvanM Apr 30th 2013 1:16 am

Now that's a comparison for bogs. The Glastonbury Sunday crapper versus the Japanese toilet.

Originally Posted by Zen10 (Post 10684437)
The old sound system they used at Glastonbury is up for sale.;)

carolinephillips Apr 30th 2013 1:38 am

Yuk!! Although a heated seat in winter would be nice, water squirting my private parts without my control is not what I want- especially in the middle of the night (is the water body temperature, or is it cold?). I am always suspicious of electronic gadgets- the more complicated they are, the more there is to go wrong......imagines burnt bottom and being blown off the toilet by an especially vicious water jet.

IvanM Apr 30th 2013 1:57 am

You control it. It's not a random surprise squirt.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips (Post 10684494)
Yuk!! Although a heated seat in winter would be nice, water squirting my private parts without my control is not what I want- especially in the middle of the night (is the water body temperature, or is it cold?). I am always suspicious of electronic gadgets- the more complicated they are, the more there is to go wrong......imagines burnt bottom and being blown off the toilet by an especially vicious water jet.

Zen10 Apr 30th 2013 3:48 am

Originally Posted by IvanM (Post 10684505)
You control it. It's not a random surprise squirt.

The cause of so much unhappiness in the bedroom.

Dreamy Apr 30th 2013 6:29 am

I likey. I want one.

I've read way too much Terry Pratchett to risk sitting on something like that :D

BadgeIsBack Apr 30th 2013 6:35 am

It's just...not up my alley....

I rely on a cold seat to wake me in the morning. I mean most of us have warm showers (that is civilised) but warm seats...shear decadence.

Besides: wait for the household/office lingerer to finish then go straight in. The seat will be pre-warmed.

IvanM Apr 30th 2013 6:40 am

Unhappy for some.

Originally Posted by Zen10 (Post 10684559)
The cause of so much unhappiness in the bedroom.

cresta57 Apr 30th 2013 8:09 am

We used to fit loads of them in the U.K for disabled use. We fitted one for a bloke that had lost both his arms, god knows how he pushed the buttons:ohmy: