Jajah?

Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Jajah?

Anyone using or know if it's REALLY free?

www.jajah.com
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:13 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jajah?

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Anyone using or know if it's REALLY free?

www.jajah.com
Never heard of it and afraid to enter my details in case it's a hideous con! You first!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I've never heard of it either.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:18 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie
Never heard of it and afraid to enter my details in case it's a hideous con! You first!
Same here, who's gona be the guinea pig (?)
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Welshie
NOOOOOO! .... you go! ...lol

To be honest a friend has told me about it and say's his friend in the US uses it all the time and confirms it's free between registered users ... Hmmmm.

I registered and he called me. Once he clicked on 'call' his phone rang and so did mine. Call was as good / clear as any other, but I just can't see what they make from it ...
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:23 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOOO! .... you go! ...lol

To be honest a friend has told me about it and say's his friend in the US uses it all the time and confirms it's free between registered users ... Hmmmm.

I registered and he called me. Once he clicked on 'call' his phone rang and so did mine. Call was as good / clear as any other, but I just can't see what they make from it ...
my hubbies registered along with a friend is oz and they were talking on the phone over the weekend.

i don't know anything about it, but my hubbie said he found out about it on the BBC.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Same here, who's gona be the guinea pig (?)
As I say my mate called me, and after I called him back. I can check with my phone provider for call charges, but will have to wait a day or so to see!

Prob get a bill for $987.34 ...
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:31 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

As I say my mate called me, and after I called him back. I can check with my phone provider for call charges, but will have to wait a day or so to see!

Prob get a bill for $987.34 ...
Keep us posted. Will be interesting to know
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:42 am
Account Closed

Keep us posted. Will be interesting to know
Yeah will do.

I've just seen there is a forum link at the bottom of the homepage and am going through some threads. Some conflicting reports from the little I've read ... :scared:
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Aidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud ofAidan has much to be proud of

It is free between registered users. We have been using it for 2 weeks now. There is nothing to down load. The advantage of this program over others is that there is no risk of adware, malware or other down loadable problems. The voice quality is superior to other programs such as Skype and Voip Buster.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Aidan
It is free between registered users.
Yeah this is what I was told, but it appears some people are being charged 25c for each call.

If that's all then I'll be happy!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 5:53 pm
Life's a gamble

Yeah will do.

I've just seen there is a forum link at the bottom of the homepage and am going through some threads. Some conflicting reports from the little I've read ... :scared:
Any more info yet?

Suni
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Any more info yet?

Suni
All I can say is I've checked with my phone providers website and on the day / time I used it to call my friend in Israel, I wasn't charged anything! We spoke for about 35 mins and as I say I haven't been charged a thing, not even a connection fee!

If you have a read thru the forum part of the website there IS people complaining about being charged for what should be a free call so maybe be cautious with it.

From what I see tho it seems ok. My friend who told me about it is using it all the time so I'll report if he gets a massive phone bill next month.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:57 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a read thru the forum part of the website there IS people complaining about being charged for what should be a free call so maybe be cautious with it.

From what I see tho it seems ok. My friend who told me about it is using it all the time so I'll report if he gets a massive phone bill next month.
I had a little read of "the small print" and it says:

"The JAJAH Free Global Calling Plan applies to land line and mobile calls to and within the United States; Canada; China; Hong Kong; Singapore and Taiwan and it applies to landline calls to and within Australia; UK; Germany; France; Italy and most other European nations. It applies when both call participants are registered JAJAH users. In countries where free phone calls are not available, or if someone is calling a non-JAJAH member, calls are simply subject to JAJAH’s ultra-low rates."

Israel isn't on that list. So, calling from Australia to Israel would mean that you are "subject to JAJAH's ultra-low rates".

I think, people don't read the small print. Instead, they assume that as long as the country appears in the drop-down menu, then the call must be free ... clearly that won't be the case.

I think, I'll give it a miss for now. (Stick with Skype.)

Gina
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Israel isn't on that list. So, calling from Australia to Israel would mean that you are "subject to JAJAH's ultra-low rates".
Seems to be on the list I'm looking at!

Zone 2 to Zone 2 landlines - free!

Zone 2
Argentinia, Australia, Austria, Belgium, CzechRepublic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea South, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, UK, Venezuela

I've just looked on my phone companies website again and it's showing nothing for the day / time I made the call!