Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Jade Goody's funeral

Jade Goody's funeral

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jade Goodie's funeral

Originally Posted by renth
I can't believe the coverage this is getting. It beggars belief.

Sure it's very sad when someone dies young, especially if they have kids but for God's sake she was an horrible racist chav.

My terminally ill mum is worth 1000 Jade Goody's - will Sky News or whoever be televising her funeral?
I actually quite liked her, but then again we are all different!!

Sorry to hear about your mum.
When my dad died a couple of years ago his funeral was very minor..........only about 20 people there as he was a very quiet man and kept himself to himself..............but that didnt matter to me........I loved him to bits and always will!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

In her own words "she was the type of person you either loved or hated"
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:16 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Jade Goodie's funeral

Blimey.......she's getting buried within walking distance of where we have a house in a commuter village (North Weald) in Epping Forest, about 17 miles NE of central London:

http://www.woodlandburialparks.co.uk/epping/index.html

I didn't even know that there was this 'eco-friendly' burial ground but it looks like a nice kind of place to end ones days.....

I have Sky news on here in Singapore and it would be interesting to spot parts of the village - we haven't been back for some years - but we're going out for dinner instead. The TV coverage is way over the top and almost embarrassingly so.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

The TV coverage is way over the top and almost embarrassingly so.[/QUOTE]

Why is it embarrasingly so???
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:21 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Jade Goodie's funeral

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
The TV coverage is way over the top and almost embarrassingly so.
Why is it embarrasingly so???[/QUOTE]

Because it makes one cringe.. She is a Z-list celeb. Famous for being uncouth and a racist.

I wonder how much Max Clifford has managed to rake in for the TV rights? I also wonder how much he has made financially from being her 'publicist?

The most famous resident of this part of Essex is Rod Stewart whom has a large mansion at the Copped Hall estate in Epping and often to be seen in the nearby pubs with his family, and I'm sure his funeral will not be as publicised as this scenario with Jade Goody's funeral.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wonder how much Max Clifford has managed to rake in for the TV rights? I also wonder how much he has made financially from being her 'publicist?

He gave up all rights when her cancer was diagnosed................and what exactly makes her 'uncouth'?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Famous for being uncouth and a racist.

In addition she made the mistake of making one racist remark...............so she goes down in history as a racist?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Famous for being uncouth and a racist.

In addition she made the mistake of making one racist remark...............so she goes down in history as a racist?
to be honest that had much more to do with not being too bright than racism. She was of mixed race herself.
I was no fan but my dislike of her dissipated when I heard of her situation.
I do see posters like Renth's point though... but this is our world today
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
to be honest that had much more to do with not being too bright than racism. She was of mixed race herself.
Exactly. What is it that makes people revere and look up to someone who has contributed nothing more than, well nothing

What happened was very sad, but was it worthy of taking over the world news
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I do see posters like Renth's point though... but this is our world today[/QUOTE]

I quite agree...............it is the world of today, however she wanted the publicity to make as much money for her kids future as she could...........I would do the same.

As for being uncouth, I am also from south london and can be quite loud...........does that also make me uncouth??
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:05 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I quite agree...............it is the world of today, however she wanted the publicity to make as much money for her kids future as she could...........I would do the same.

As for being uncouth, I am also from south london and can be quite loud...........does that also make me uncouth??[/QUOTE]

Yes. Could be worse, being from Scotland, I am a stingy alky
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Exactly. What is it that makes people revere and look up to someone who has contributed nothing more than, well nothing

What happened was very sad, but was it worthy of taking over the world news
I don't read the UK papers obviously but I don't get the impression that she is/was being revered and looked up to. I think people with their morbid sense of nosiness (ie rubber necking at traffic accidents) have been reading and watching because she made the decision to die very publically and bring testing for cancer to the forefront of millions of people's minds.

Why anyone would want to watch the funeral I don't know but whatever rocks your boat I guess.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Why anyone would want to watch the funeral I don't know but whatever rocks your boat I guess.
And as previously stated we are all different!!!

Now not that I am comparing the 2, (although some will make a smart comment), how many people tuned into Princess Diana's funeral???

Last edited by moneypenny20; Apr 4th 2009 at 12:59 am.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Now not that I am comparing the 2, (although some will make a smart comment), how many people tuned into Princess Diana's funeral???
I put my hand up to that one I turned off after the church bit and felt a bit sick that I'd felt the need to watch at all. I guess it is the same thing, people get caught up in the whole media circus, no matter how wrong they feel it is deep down.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Apr 4th 2009 at 1:00 am.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Just had this disagreement with the other half!!

Last edited by moneypenny20; Apr 4th 2009 at 1:00 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.