Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I've just heard from the employment agency...

I've just heard from the employment agency...

Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of
Default Re: I've just heard from the employment agency...

Originally Posted by rossifumi
FPMSL
Me too!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Are you living regional Fraser? I only ask because here in Mackay if you know someone (or someone who knows someone) you get the job - if you don't know someone etc, you are unsuccessful or overqualified. Seriously...

I just got the job I interviewed for, however they have put me on as a temp (it was advertised as full time) as they are not sure if they like me yet. I have all the necessary experience and qualifications, and outstanding references, AND I'm Ozzie. It is very frustrating and we now would prefer to be in a larger town to this, for this and other reasons...

S
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:34 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

This gave me a hearty laugh on Saturday, just the story you like to read before scouring the CareerOne supplement.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:04 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Are "alot" of people finding it difficult to get work?

If so what line of work are they finding it difficult in?

How long have they been looking/out of work?

What level of income are they hoping for/expecting?

What area/state/city?
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:26 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears

What area/state/city?
Careful, you'll get the reputation for being a thread killer
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: I've just heard from the employment agency...

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
As a second generation pom, in England, does that make you a pom-pom?
No, it makes me a 1st generation Aussie in England.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:00 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Careful, you'll get the reputation for being a thread killer
?? I got the impression that a few people were finding it difficult to get work and that these questions (answers to them) might be of some assistance to those in the Uk about to come over.

Others in the same area/vocation might then be able to apply some advice or even potential employment.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:43 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: I've just heard from the employment agency...

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Though I must point out that my mother is a 2nd generation Aussie herself.

So on the basis of paternity I'm a 1st generation Aussie, but on the basis of maternity I'm a 3rd generation Aussie.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:44 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: I've just heard from the employment agency...

?? I got the impression that a few people were finding it difficult to get work and that these questions (answers to them) might be of some assistance to those in the Uk about to come over.

Others in the same area/vocation might then be able to apply some advice or even potential employment.
Yep, I thought it was a great question to ask.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:56 pm

Pom Pom as Shakmaty suggested.

Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:56 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: I've just heard from the employment agency...

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Pom Pom as Shakmaty suggested.

Wahey!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 10:02 pm

Hello mate, it was indeed a good question and I have a few comments to make, just as soon as I have finished my next application.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:45 pm

What area/state/city?
Start a thread mate.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 1:42 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds a bit pom-pous
Old Jul 12th 2006, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that it has all gone pear shaped again. I am sitting here trying to decide what I want to do for a living once the kids are all at school next year. I had always planned to go and finish my teacher training but apparently my degree isn't the right one. The teaching institute are happy with it I just can't get onto a teaching diploma course as the Uni won't accept it . I can teach if I am happy to train for an extra 3 years and I just can't face that when it is basically saying that all of the work that I have done thus far has been a waste of time. It is a catch 22 situation as if I could get the final year done then I would be able to teach but I can't get on the course to do the final year. It is so frustrating when you get departments that are incapable of speaking to each other and working out a consistent set of rules. God knows how they deal with overseas students although I guess that If I was paying overseas fees the problem might miraculously disappear .
Good luck with it all I am sure that you will get something but it must be soul destroying at the moment.
Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.