Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I've found my HOLY GRAIL!

I've found my HOLY GRAIL!

Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've found my HOLY GRAIL!

Originally Posted by mic n mat
I think you're not far off in that it's something dripping from the end of yer knob that looks like guacamole that you can catch
Originally Posted by mic n mat
Does golden shower count?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708134
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
of course. He's Australian

Its just us pommies who don't shower
Speak for yourself.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Hommous is just bad in this country. Even the expensive stuff from the markets tastes and looks like putty.

I now make my own. Infinitely better! (and it's pretty easy too)
;'

BULLSHEEET... you havent been to Coburg... dont tell me the Turks and Lebanese here cant make it properly.

The Lebanese and Turks make in their own shops dozens of fresh dips that you cant get anywhere else in Melbourne around here. There would be at least 8 places where you can buy home made dip in Coburg alone..... Actually make that more like 18 places.

I love the Beetroot stuff, and they mix it with different spices in each store.

The home of Turkish/Arabic/Lebanese/Italian/Greek/Macedonian food, Coburg and Brunswick.

You'd best get your bulk fix of anything like this... anyone thats interested that is here, if you want the Original Turkish and Arabic stuff that is.

http://www.basfoods.com.au/

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 7th 2011 at 9:14 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
;'

BULLSHEEET... you havent been to Coburg... dont tell me the Turks and Lebanese here cant make it properly.-
I've been to Coburg umpteen amounts of times. I'm talking about the stuff you get in the supermarkets, delis and at Vic and Prahran market.

The Lebanese and Turks make in their own shops dozens of fresh dips that you cant get anywhere else in Melbourne around here. There would be at least 8 places where you can buy home made dip in Coburg alone..... Actually make that more like 18 places.
I've tried a lot of the stuff from speciality shops and it hasn't blown me away. I've found a lot of the stuff the specialty Turk and Leb shops sell is the same as in the Vic market and it's marketed as "home made" but it's really not.

It's very common.

The home of Turkish/Arabic/Lebanese/Italian/Greek/Macedonian food, Coburg and Brunswick.

You'd best get your bulk fix of anything like this... anyone thats interested that is here, if you want the Original Turkish and Arabic stuff that is.

I've had better Turkish in London than I have in Australia. There's a much larger Turkish community there.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Mar 7th 2011 at 9:41 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hommous is just bad in this country. Even the expensive stuff from the markets tastes and looks like putty.

I now make my own. Infinitely better! (and it's pretty easy too)
the only thing my husband missed when he came to the US. Now makes his own as well.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

;'

BULLSHEEET... you havent been to Coburg... dont tell me the Turks and Lebanese here cant make it properly.
Talking about Coburg and the Turks...

Can you tell me of a proper Turkish Ocakbasi restaurant in Coburg/Brunswick?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:55 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
hommous that tastes like hommous from sainsbo's et al
(ie not like a mixture of sputum, semen and vomit)

ALDI's HOMMOUS!!!!!!!

you heard it here first
I thought this was going to be a Biggest Loser type achievement thread where you explain how you had lost 40 kilos and can finally see your knob
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:56 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I thought this was going to be a Biggest Loser type achievement thread where you explain how you had lost 40 kilos and can finally see your knob
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Make your own - it's so easy even pre-packed/pre-prepared/powdered/tinned/off the shelf Poms can do it
Old Mar 8th 2011, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about Coburg and the Turks...

Can you tell me of a proper Turkish Ocakbasi restaurant in Coburg/Brunswick?

I'll ask

I'll be amazed if there isnt... and where are the large Turkish communities in London ? I've not seen them as densely populated as here. Which is surprising question seeing as I spent 22 years of my life living in London.

I dont think Restaurants are in the habit of supplying the Vic Market... the Delis may, the Restaurants certainly dont.

I know Beetroot dip is common... the way it varies in such a small locale snt though.

Errrm most of the Turkish places do Grilled meat if thats what your on about ? How many places in London do Whole Lambs ?

Try here for starters.

http://www.rumelis.com.au/home.asp?page=home

http://www.alasya.com.au/

'

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 8th 2011 at 1:34 am.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll ask

I'll be amazed if there isnt... and where are the large Turkish communities in London ? I've not seen them as densely populated as here. Which is surprising question seeing as I spent 22 years of my life living in London.
There's something like 400,000 Turks living in London compared to Australia's population of 59,393 (2006 census).

In London the Turkish community is in areas such as Barnet, Enfield, Edmonton, Wood Green, Palmers Green, Islington, Stoke Newington, Haringey, Hackney, and Tottenham.

Errrm most of the Turkish places do Grilled meat if thats what your on about ? How many places in London do Whole Lambs ?
Yep, seen whole lambs. Ocabashi is done over open coals which I don't remember seeing anywhere. Maybe a H&S issue.

Last edited by Deancm_MKII; Mar 8th 2011 at 5:20 am.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:45 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

;'

I like it
Old Mar 8th 2011, 8:51 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
Kopparberg pear cider....
UR SO GAY,,its like drinking kiddy cordial........MM
Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry found it years ago
Attached Thumbnails I've found my HOLY GRAIL!-5989.jpg  
Old Mar 8th 2011, 9:24 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
UR SO GAY,,its like drinking kiddy cordial........MM
ITS FRICKIN DELIGHTFULL..OK.THEN,IM A FAGGOT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.