Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I've broken down........

I've broken down........

Old Oct 18th 2012, 7:10 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've broken down........

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I've heard of people driving cars with broken clutches.... something about starting in second and keeping moving ? Then changing gears at the right engine speed ?

Anyone know how/has done it ?
Getting the missus to push
Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
........about 4kms from home. RAC are going to be an hour.

Tum, dee, dum, dee, dum
I thought you'd broken down mentally years ago!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

WestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to allWestLondonWelshman is a name known to all

Thats crappie Aussie cars. Holden I shouldn't wonder. Get yourself a focus. Never breakdown...
Old Oct 18th 2012, 9:59 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

manual cars are so 1980s
Old Oct 18th 2012, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WestLondonWelshman
Thats crappie Aussie cars. Holden I shouldn't wonder. Get yourself a focus. Never breakdown...
Twas a Nissan Navara.

Can cars be driven without a clutch or not.... ? I'm sure I've heard of people doing it. I might give it a go in the Wifes Barina if I dont hear back soon.

What did the RAC do Zulu.... Tow it to the Mechanics ?

If I can, I'm going to call Zulu a Wuss....
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commonwealth
manual cars are so 1980s
Ugh? What do you drive some wussy pink 1990 laser automatic?!!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:06 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Twas a Nissan Navara.

Can cars be driven without a clutch or not.... ? I'm sure I've heard of people doing it. I might give it a go in the Wifes Barina if I dont hear back soon.

Yes .You just have to get the rpm right and the gear stick slips in.There's a whole lot of crunching going on before you get the hang of it.
Now it's your turn.Have you heard they're going back to push bikes at australia post or not...?
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twas a Nissan Navara.

You can if you're a 75 little old lady with a neutured lapdog...
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Yes .You just have to get the rpm right and the gear stick slips in.There's a whole lot of crunching going on before you get the hang of it.
Now it's your turn.Have you heard they're going back to push bikes at australia post or not...?
Oh I thought you meant automatics! Yes you can do that but not recommended

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...thout-a-clutch
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:21 pm

Oh I thought you meant automatics! Yes you can do that but not recommended

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...thout-a-clutch
We're talking in emergencies here.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Twas a Nissan Navara.

Clutch is f**ked and I was going nowhere last night.

RAC towed me home and then to the mechanic this morning (2 tows per call out allowed). Very good service from them.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Read the thread!

Focus is a good car, but it would be fun watching you try and drive it on the beach.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:35 am

Clutch is f**ked and I was going nowhere last night.

RAC towed me home and then to the mechanic this morning (2 tows per call out allowed). Very good service from them.
You know those wall of china thing's.A mate foolishly bought one and the clutch went in 4 months.The parts take forever to get.
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yehp, more electric bikes coming, I think the pushbike rounds will stay as they are now,, around Business centers etc. Some kind of new reigime going on at Post. They wont hire anyone at present. There have been so many 12 hour days in a row for so many people that it's getting ridiculous. I think they are trying to get full timers to leave or something.

We are even carrying over small letters... have been for the past 2 weeks or so, Thats not happened in the 17 years I've worked for them before. Something major is in the air.

Have to wait until the waters become clear again.... Very weird situation at present.

Totally piisseed of with over the top overtime.

I'll give you one instance of the kind of stuff they are getting up to. Sorry to hijack thread.

All our remaining night shift Parttimers got made full time at Preston DC. This year they accidently gave the old Part timers their holidays at full time pay rates, instead of the pro rata rate they usually get. Managements solution... they've told our 7 old night shift part timers they can't have any holidays in 2013 to catch up the short fall that they overpaid them. Obviously the Union will get involved because they are more than willing/want to take their 5 weeks without pay or pay back the over paid funds. They do not want to work a full year without holidays. From a managements perspective It's all about not Hiring people.

To even try that on is taking things to extremes.

Personally I reckon It's a Current Affair or Today Tonight job myself... feel like phoning them..... That'll cause a change in emphasis
Old Oct 19th 2012, 1:55 am
Proudly Deplorable

You know those wall of china thing's.A mate foolishly bought one and the clutch went in 4 months.The parts take forever to get.
I wouldn't touch one of those with a barge pole. They'll get better but currently are terrible vehicles.

Clutch on the Navara has lasted a long time so I have no concerns that it has failed now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.