Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

I've been away but now am back (maybe)

I've been away but now am back (maybe)

Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've been away but now am back (maybe)

Originally Posted by arkon
Are you sure moneypenny? You sure it wouldn't have been better back in good old blighty? Would the last 4 years have happened if you had stayed?

I'm pretty sure that if my bad few years here had happened back in the UK there would have been a ton of mitigating good things to fall back on to make it a bit better.
We'd still have more than likely both been made redundant back in the UK. The girls and me would still have had to have major surgery and the husband would still have had cancer and the rest of the shit would also still have happened so no, not convinced at all that it would have been better there. Help, support and treatment have been brilliant here, family living where we would have been living reckon it wouldn't have been as good there. True or not I have no idea, it's impossible to determine.

Your bad years were down to where you were without a doubt. Ours weren't.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:41 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've been away but now am back (maybe)

Originally Posted by arkon
I wasn't allowed to bring my Guinea Pigs so it would have been unfair if rabbits were allowed.
Unfair but understandable, guinea pig proof fencing is much more complex and difficult to build.

Originally Posted by Kapri
Yay!
The return of Arkon, Creature and the lovely Penky all on one thread!

Welcome back
Kapri
I stop by every couple of years or so and have a wee look around to see if I recognise anyone. I'm impressed that I still remember how to multiquote.